TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Exputt putting simulator

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

This is all the putts I can do in a single session;  I started after work and went until it was time for dinner.   By the end my shoulders were pretty sore.  

Overall it was a good experience and really let me dive into some aspects of the practice mode.  I will be writing up a summary of "Practice Mode" and posting soon.   One of the things I did in preparation for this review was go back an look at ever post in the testing application thread to see what people found interesting about the product.   Some of the areas that will be touched on in the practice report will be:

• What can you do in practice
  • Stats
  • Comparison to other "similar products"
  • Fun factor/does it hold interest (2 hours and 12 minutes of non stop putting should be an indicator)
  • Realism
  • Does it translate to the course
  • Practice modes/options
  • Onscreen visuals
  • ease of use
  • Putting approaches (feel vs. mechanical)
  • Fitting possibilities
  • Face Stickers

If there is anything I am missing,  let me know what topic might be of interest related to practice mode or the ExPutt in general. 

DSCN2564.JPG.dcf7ecde7b5670060db900b686c7cd84.JPG

DSCN2565.JPG.bbf87c4960eb5c55c08e7fef425bbc0a.JPG

Fantastic stuff Cnosil. I set the bar high early in the week and you guys cleared it easily!!
Also bonus points for going through that thread and looking at all the applications.   We do that. But it's our job!! 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

49 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Also bonus points for going through that thread and looking at all the applications.   We do that. But it's our job!! 

It is part of the job of the reviewer to know what the people want;  that was why I asked if you could pull all the posts for me.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

18 hours ago, cnosil said:

DSCN2565.JPG.bbf87c4960eb5c55c08e7fef425bbc0a.JPG

Nice putting, Sir!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

^^ Great review .. LOTS of great info .. and love the Loony Tunes!

On a related note -- the ExPutt works!

Played 18 this afternoon and had a couple of looooong first putts .. this has been a weak spot for me and even with only a little sim practice my distance control 3/4 times was really good!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

@cksurfdude you're a beast!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

15 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So week  one of the EXPUTT Challenge is in the books!   The challenge was for most putts attempted in one session in practice mode.

Congrats to CKSurfDude!  What a marathon session almost 4 hours and 661 putts!

Final Standings:

CKSurfDude   661

Cnosil             500

CG2                313

Pmookie        105

Gavinski        Out of town on pre planned trip. 

Guys... I may be disqualified as I took 2 short breaks (one bathroom and one dogs backyard break .. all the boys gotta do their bizness ya know 😆).

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Guys... I may be disqualified as I took 2 short breaks (one bathroom and one dogs backyard break .. all the boys gotta do their bizness ya know ).

Nah, it’s fine. We are just going to kick your butt with the scored challenge this week!!!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

31 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Guys... I may be disqualified as I took 2 short breaks (one bathroom and one dogs backyard break .. all the boys gotta do their bizness ya know 😆).

There's got to be a depends joke or promo in there somewhere 🙂  

29 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

Now that vacation was over ...

Hey! ..our long-lost brother from another mother 😉😆
Hope you had a great trip!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Now that vacation is over I was excited to crack open the package and get going! Don't want to spoil too much from my intro post (coming soon!) but I did find the setup very straightforward and easy. Opened the box, tossed the user manual out of the way, and was putting 10 minutes later! (And a full minute of that time was spent wandering around trying to find where I put the remote 🤦‍♂️)

giphy.gif

Welcome Back to that same old place you laughed about....Well,  I won't continue with the song, as a large majority of members would wonder what the hell that's from. 

Gotta admit when I saw the time-lapse video at a glance, I thought it was a unpacking video instead of unboxing...ha

Can't wait to hear some of your thoughts!

Week Two Contest: Challenge Mode.  Whoever has the highest score in any one session of the mode will be declared the winner.  You can do as many sessions as you'd like.

Challenge Mode, you are on a 9 hole putting course.  You putt from three different locations on each hole.  You get three putts from each location to either make it or get it within CONCEDE mode by the friendly lady rules official.   I think concede is anything inside two feet.  To be honest I was too busy looking at how I missed most time to catch the outer limits of it.  If you make or get your first putt conceded you get points and move onto the next location.   If you fail to make or get within concede distance, you get a big FAIL on that portion of your scorecard.  Each hole gives you a score from each location.  So those three scores combine to be your score for that hole.   You then proceed for 8 more holes. 

Who said golf was not dangerous.  Ha 

4AC621B1-155B-4542-A915-E21FB0893AEE.jpeg

A session of Challenge Mode in the books this afternoon.  I'll post some pics a video or two later.  But it was a challenge for sure.   After spending so much time last week on straight putts and only focusing on speed control, adding in the dimension of breaks and uphill/down hill was a humbling experience.  

Some pics and will upload some videos later 

These just show the main menu of the three modes to choose from and a shot of the main menu where you can set some basic parameters for the entire system.   You can set these and leave them or change them anytime if you need

5CF024A0-CDF4-43BD-B422-9B5375280108.jpeg

B0B884CF-A3EE-4B26-94C9-538858582B85.jpeg

I won't spoil the surprise of my score just yet 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Week Two Contest: Challenge Mode.  Whoever has the highest score in any one session of the mode will be declared the winner.  You can do as many sessions as you'd like.

Challenge Mode, you are on a 9 hole putting course.  You putt from three different locations on each hole.  You get three putts from each location to either make it or get it within CONCEDE mode by the friendly lady rules official.   I think concede is anything inside two feet.  To be honest I was too busy looking at how I missed most time to catch the outer limits of it.  If you make or get your first putt conceded you get points and move onto the next location.   If you fail to make or get within concede distance, you get a big FAIL on that portion of your scorecard.  Each hole gives you a score from each location.  So those three scores combine to be your score for that hole.   You then proceed for 8 more holes. 

Who said golf was not dangerous.  Ha 

4AC621B1-155B-4542-A915-E21FB0893AEE.jpeg

A session of Challenge Mode in the books this afternoon.  I'll post some pics a video or two later.  But it was a challenge for sure.   After spending so much time last week on straight putts and only focusing on speed control, adding in the dimension of breaks and uphill/down hill was a humbling experience.  

Some pics and will upload some videos later 

These just show the main menu of the three modes to choose from and a shot of the main menu where you can set some basic parameters for the entire system.   You can set these and leave them or change them anytime if you need

5CF024A0-CDF4-43BD-B422-9B5375280108.jpeg

B0B884CF-A3EE-4B26-94C9-538858582B85.jpeg

I won't spoil the surprise of my score just yet 

This should be a good challenge!

To clarify the way this game mode works for everyone - you're on a 9-hole course, with three pin locations for each hole. Essentially works out to 27 opportunities to get points.

You need to either get your putt to stop within 3 feet of the cup (at which point the game "concedes"), or hole the putt, and you get three chances at each pin location. If you get a concede on your first attempt, you get 10 points and move on to the next pin location. If you get it on your second attempt, 5 points. Third attempt, 2 points. If after three attempts you still haven't gotten close enough, you get 0 points. Additionally, if you hole the putt you get 3 bonus points (so for example, if you send your first attempt way past the cup, but then hole your second putt, you would get 8 points).

Exputt recently hosted a contest on Instagram using this challenge, and the winning score was 255. It'll be interesting to see how our test group compares!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS