TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Tour Edge EXS Pro Hybrid

One of the most popular brands on the PGA Tour Champions is Tour Edge, and the hottest new line from them is the EXS Pro which is finding it's way into the bags of several players.   The EXS Pro Hybrid is billed as an Anti-left hybrid.

Will that work for four MGS Members as well as it has for the likes of Scott McCarron and Tom Lehman. Well follow along here for the next several weeks as the following forum members will be putting these through a full workout on the range and on the course.

8C9F4D9B-7E82-49B2-B9BD-7B65CEDD08E4.jpeg

Testers:

@ncwoz                          Official Review

@The 19th Hole              Official Review

@Zen Snake                    Official Review

@zrumble                       Official Review

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Tour Edge EXS Pro Hybrid – Official MGS Forum Review by ncwoz

First things first, I want to thank both Tour Edge and MGS for the awesome opportunity and experience testing this club. I'm grateful for the awesome thing that MGS is to be a part of, with all of y'all who make it what it is!

Intro

I’ve got a more fleshed out intro over in the Evnroll ER2B testing thread from last year, here’s a link to check that out: 

But in case you don’t want to head that way, I’ll give you the skinny on the state of my game: I’m 24 years old and have been golfing “seriously” for the past 3 or so years. I’m currently playing to a 16 handicap, an all-time low for me. This summer I’ve also broken 80 for the first time (thanks in part to the EXS Pro Hybrid), and I feel like my game is in a good spot to improve more as well.

I’d like to think I have a pretty smooth tempo, and don’t know my driver swing speed exactly, but I can carry somewhere from 280-300 if that gives some idea. While I’m happy with my length, the dispersion is where I need to improve. This is also the primary spot I’m hoping the hybrid will be able to shine for me.

My shots get pretty spinny with high ball flights, but have also never been fit to any of the clubs currently in my bag (hybrid not included). I usually play a draw, and my miss is a low duck hook. Specifically off the tee, I typically take either Driver (~290yds), 3W (~260yds), or 3i (~215yds). Ironically I have the least confidence with the 3 iron (duck hooks like crazy), so my fairway finder tends to be the 3 metal. I’m hoping to see the EXS Pro be my reliable 230-240 fairway finder more than anything else, and with my tendency to miss left I’ll really be looking to see if this is a “left-proof” hybrid.

Traditionally on par 5’s, I’ll only go for it in 2 if I’m less than 200yds out, or know that there’s next to no trouble near the green. As you could imagine with that criteria, the vast majority of time has me laying up to attack in 3. If the EXS Pro gives me more confidence from 200+ out I may be able to take more aggressive shots into par 5’s, which would be really nice. For punch out/rescue clubs I typically lean towards the long irons, but Tour Edge does go out of its way to highlight the turf interaction, so I’m going to see for myself if I can use it to get me out of a few binds.

First Impressions

Now onto the club! With Tour Edge being more towards the smaller/DTC-type manufacturer, I was curious to see what the experience would be like to get some specs for the club. Personally, the potential difficulty in getting fit to clubs is what gives me hesitancy on some of the smaller companies. However, after looking around some of the local shops, I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of them did carry & fit Tour Edge clubs.

I went to the Golf Emporium, a shop near me that had the “normal” EXS hybrid. Unfortunately they didn’t have a stiff enough shaft in the head, so I was ballooning the ball with almost 6,800 revs and getting a bit too much height because of that. My swing speed was coming in around 108 mph with the hybrid. 18° seemed to be what I'd need to fit my gap. My fitter has a relationship with the midwest Tour Edge rep, so he gave him a call to talk through shaft options. With my speed, they both agreed on an X-stiff shaft. However, the stock X-stiff offering is the Hzrdous Smoke Black 80, which they agreed was more appropriate for a more harsh transition. My tempo is pretty smooth, so the Tour Edge rep suggested getting me the Project X Black Evenflow X-stiff shaft. He said that even though it wasn't a stock shaft, it wouldn't be an up-charge (although because the MGS testing orders go through MGS, I can't actually verify this for sure).

All in all, I was really impressed with the process. Even though I wasn't able to swing the actual club I would be receiving until it was shipped, they hit the nail on the head. The shaft recommendation was a great one, and I absolutely love how the Black Evenflow feels. Another thing the EXS Pro has going for it is its adjustable weights. It comes shipped as a draw bias, so I've swapped the weights and have been playing it in the fade bias setup.

And then a short while later, it was on my doorstep! Nothing out of the ordinary shipping-wise, just a good ‘ole box with the club wrapped in plastic. Also, assembled in the USA, gotta love that! 

IMG_20200707_170225732.jpg.b70a4c3831b10490166a31dc257260b9.jpg

IMG_20200707_170320975.jpg.3f30a2feed30ff429cb87d6903caa0be.jpg

IMG_20200707_171616025.jpg.93dbe2f789bb166fff5c4aee5f6e89a6.jpg

Right out of the box I was impressed with two things: 1) how compact and attractive the head is and 2) how sharp the head cover looks.IMG_20200707_175218850.jpg.c98b58de25be1255663efd9f3a6b8f0c.jpg

IMG_20200721_195529090.jpg.96738fc18d71e6cbe7c983f7031cb9d0.jpg

IMG_20200707_171042879.jpg.f06eebb7e992335fc3fc0a42130b2c49.jpg

Looking closer, I was also impressed by the subtle detail on the EvenFlow shaft (I know it's not an EvenFlow review, but I do think it's really slick), as well as the attention to detail on the bottom of the club. My engineering mind is also curious how they decided on and manufactured the waves of the "Slipstream Sole".

IMG_20200707_173738590.jpg.1023b2c8bf38b43f2eec7e32a668d5d8.jpg

IMG_20200707_175159370.jpg.6e9a98132d519353be5cf9c263569b30.jpg

IMG_20200707_173825475.jpg.d0efef418a211a72691763681c8f39da.jpg

Like I said, the biggest thing I’m looking for this to do is to be a reliable anti-left fairway finder. Aside from the on course testing I’ve done, I also took it to the range and put it head to head against my other tee-shot clubs (driver, 3 wood, 3 iron), comparing “fairways hit” based on two fence posts at the back of the range, about 30 yards apart. 

IMG_20200721_183907176.jpg.70eada4cddf9e825b5f6a356d3bb6258.jpg

Grading

Looks (10 out of 10 points) 

I love the looks of the EXS Pro. From address, it’s clean and sleek. Relatively shallow front to back, with a pleasant There is a bit of offset but not as much as a lot of others I’ve seen, which gave me a lot of confidence that I wouldn’t overcook it left. The bottom of the clubhead is sharp as well, complimented by the also well designed headcover. For me in a hybrid, it’s more about what’s not there from address as opposed to what is. I like that the EXS Pro doesn’t have any turbulators, logos, or paint, and I personally enjoyed the glossy black crown finish. There’s literally not a single thing I would change.

Sound & Feel (8 out of 10 points)

The sound of a well-struck hit to me sounds a little “pingy”, but it’s not something that puts me off. And strikes out of the center seriously feel like the ball is about to take off to the moon, it really is that smooth and powerful. Off-center strikes sound more like a more dull thud, and as expected from a “player’s” club, the feedback tells you exactly where you missed. That’s exactly what I would expect from a players club, and I love the feel when you catch one pure. The “pingy-ness” never once put me off, but if I could give it a more muted sound I would. Admittedly splitting hairs. Here's a video to give some context, the first swing was out of the toe and the second was pretty centered:

Basic Characteristics (17 out of 20 points)

In terms of the ball flights I was seeing, the trajectory was a low penetrating flight. Spin was pretty low, so when I was taking a shot at greens I’d typically need to play for a decent amount of run out. Distance-wise, I’ve seen consistently 240 yards off the tee, even occasionally getting up to about 260. Off the fairway and from good lies has been more like 220-240. When the ball has been sitting deeper in the rough it seems to only lose 10-15 yards or so, which really impressed me.

I’m no Mickelson of a shot-shaper, but on quality swings I was either dead straight or a 5 yard draw. I got a case of the hooks a few rounds, but unfortunately that was with every club in my bag, not just this one. Indian not the arrow 😉 . I did try fading a few shots to no avail, but with my 4-5° in-to-out club path I don’t have an easy time fading any club. On the topic of shot shape, I think a very underrated feature is the adjustable weights. The club is shipped with a 5g and 20g weight, which you can orient in the toe/heel as you need for your shot shape. It seems hybrids have limited adjustability, so I really like that Tour Edge gives that possibility in this head.

Being a player’s club, I was curious how forgiving it would be. I was pleasantly surprised, and found on my toe-y strikes the ball would usually gear back on line very well, with limited distance lost. Catching one high in the face would get predictably spinny and high launch, but again wasn’t nearly as penal as I thought it would be.

In terms of having this club in my hands with a pressure tee shot, it’s become my go-to fairway finder. Our league track has a number of par 4’s with trouble on each side, and pulling this club has given me more confidence than anything else in my bag, by a long shot.

On-Course / LM Performance (28 out of 30 points)

Top to bottom, this club is a gamer. The confidence I felt with this club in my hands, especially off the tee, was demonstrably more than any other club in my bag. And the range testing certainly backed that up. Through 2 range sessions, I was able to hit 40% of the simulated fairways with both my 3 wood and my Driver. My 3 iron, I only hit 20% (and basically never hit it from the tee after realizing how poorly I hit it), but the EXS Pro stood above the rest with 50% fairways hit. What’s lying below the data as well is how many close misses I had with the hybrid. I really didn’t have the big 20-30 yard misses that I did with both my 3 wood and Driver. And while I can’t say I never missed left with this club, I had similar swings with my Driver, 3W and 3 iron that all ended up OB, and they hybrid had a knack of hanging on just enough to be in play.

In addition, I have way more confidence firing at par 5’s in two. I honestly trust this club to get me close more than I trust my 3, 4, or 5 irons, which is a huge compliment to the EXS Pro (and pretty embarrassing for my iron game!). Gaming this club has cemented the positive reviews I’ve heard about Tour Edge. I loved how it has performed for me, and love the anti-left design. As a higher handicapper, I need some of the help a hybrid gives, but with my left miss I would be nervous with a lot of hybrids out there. I think Tour Edge has hit the nail on the head with this club, and hope they incorporate some of these design characteristics into their future models. I have to believe there are other players out there that need some help from a hybrid but tend to miss left. If there’s anything I hope they can continue to implement into future models it’s adjustability; the weight ports are a fantastic start, but I think there’s also a lot of power in potentially tuning in loft & lie for a player’s needs as well.

Miscellaneous (10 out of 10 points)

For a smaller company, my expectations were easily surpassed in the fitting process and shafts offered. To have the Tour Edge rep give the recommendation of a non-standard shaft that fit me better, and for there not to be an upcharge? Impressive. If you’re like me and slightly hesitant to try a smaller brand, give Tour Edge a chance and I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Play it or Trade it? (20 out of 20 points)

I’m playing this, and it’s not even a close consideration. The distance, forgiveness, accuracy and confidence the club has given me blows out every other club in my bag.  With what I’ve seen in the EXS Pro, I’d put it against any other hybrid on the market no question. Over 18 holes, I’d say this club is saving me at least 4 strokes per round. And that’s a conservative estimation. Would I want to give that up? Heck no!

Conclusion

If you tend to miss left, but would like the benefits a hybrid can give, this needs to be on your list of clubs. It’s long, it’s accurate, it’s forgiving, and it’s a dang good looking club to boot. I would recommend this club without hesitation, and am very impressed with the quality Tour Edge delivered in this offering. 

Final Score: (93 out of 100 points)

Edited by ncwoz
Corrected the adjustable weight amounts

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

I am a 4 handicap and have always considered myself a good ball striker with above average distance; especially for my size ( all 5’6” of me.) Because of my height and desire for distance I have always been told I have a violent swing. To continue with that persona I also tend to play aggressively. If there is a chance I can make the shot, I play the shot. Be it trying to drive a 320 yard hole, to punching it though that fork 20ft up in the tree after I miss the previously mentioned hole. I have also for the most part been disgusted with the thought of playing a Hybrid. I have tried many over the years and even had a Mizuno in play for a while, but the constant risk of a  hook AND the thought that I was “too good to use a hybrid” kept me from taking them seriously. That is until this test. 

My swing with the Tour Edge Hybrid:

https://youtu.be/KJFM67vxYhA

Club Selection: 

I chose the EXS PRO 17* w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5 X shaft with standard Length and grip. I picked this based on the suggestion from my normal club fitter’s suggestion of shaft along with a quick test of the closest options I could find that was open in my area. My goal was to pick a club that would be able to step in for either my 3i or 3wood depending on the course to hit that 240-250 yard shot off the tee and into the greens. 

First Impressions:

After seeing reviews for the Cobra Connect challenge, and the Homa Driver reviews I was a bit disappointed with the original packaging that arrived at my house. That didn’t last long though. Once I saw the club all negative thoughts disappeared. I actually think I audibly gasped...followed quickly by the thought “Wow that is a small head”. I don’t think they were joking when Tour Edge said this is a players Hybrid. Its like the Blade of hybrids. It looks to be half the size of my 3 wood.

JpbwjtlcdzRTwi6l1gsBTO6hQnY6langHWspHeb_IqgiJ8PVosAozJVQVJgV4a2tkpWbYQCk_IhL26CiIzqbBkLMvqVGlZqiaIb9koekB3r7sX5eklu_ZAcjGmE2Ne7Kmm2wHwzpbzrNFhVZbM4z04g3bVu7ryS8m5t4SIwesIJhoIway5h8TxQMOTqqjlnHpLrWY9iLolM8BRykAgskxLwrkG6GBxlaBgejWu9lZ7t4f7eUaXjINqcq4wTo-eEWWV6TQ72zHxyCmN2_

WD7nDkQ6j87Nd3BoNgue58iCJ3SlJtf5kfVSziq7iLCxYoCClT1W-2Rwu2dSij95TwyoUXddNG65QQezpg2WeSrGQgdWZ5_aUnWd1V7WZZGtTlLRgdtFR0OLenptfBQwjbMP7d2IpvD0E71Dh9TvA4LJuMC0_QsXOBN4O77T43SNwj4ceWz_c6K5z-sPoRo8evULKonQw8gx7geUbyG5APUpHNU1NX6Yr9TcQ-XcLvU6e8hBCsOFdokatQRVR8a1YTta6vM2UVIb0s6H8yqxfyEaYkX3gHEPiUjKnsAHjwP090Flz-EBS02-LabN-r1seEEqnm8qZQSF6gd9RJJ_MYZd0hhBXK6VXkXlSEyXyAqo7z9hgjkY4k5DniYBRkYnQ32vq7FY8uRd6GphgibT48Pu

alIHhIkxsuxE_nB4XCZcbAn5q_9OIwdkm33mJXfHwM5Y1xafCcutadm2ZLMlxGds3Cswp4-8DSMwSpUbuDWSMb9gr-Jo1OeXMcbqconE9t0wMCBN9L0LoqNRew39v9lU4DItL4NK

Main Tour Edge Claims for the EXS Pro:

• Slipstream sole: Speed sole channels reduce turf interaction at impact for full speed power from any lie. 

While I do not have any scientific proof, but I would probably agree. With all the shots I have hit on the course in the last month with this club I have never felt the club get “stuck”. Every shot it just breezed through the lie weather it was Fairway, rough, or sand. 

• The EXS PRO Hybris is and ANTI-LEFT good players hybrid.

Yes, yes and yes.  I used this club many times in the last month. Off a tee, tee shot off the deck, fairway, rough, sand...Of my 30+ shots I hit 1 shot that you might have said was a hook; and it still stayed in play.. That means I can say with 97% confidence that my shot will not go to the left. No other club I have can claim that (Not even my putter).  I will add that does not mean you can’t hit a draw. Surprisingly I am actually able to play a small draw fairly easily.

Old Mizuno (1st photo) vrs New Tour Edge (2nd Photo) (both 17*)

daVCgZ-dpREAoLb60mESIngp_-rrng9-XoNOzjcX2Uo2kOhjVbkgMgoTfCmdueagTl8-7Y5IVkGb_3XnmZFdytCUznD7QsDpan2E7iHSFOEJAz1I32VHTEqjyUwKi1AlbDboqQvu

IZKzANyhamHdOrWZ1pqKBMh23UOFdjMadW_OoFxBCNYCsvIVc4e-cYmkCFJ9bVZtYMw442vUqkwegfh8-0Sc_QlHmy-CbHdFsaoJ34xtGLdtfP1on4JGKJz9zKttcCtPWcczzlJU

Looks (10 out of 10 points) 

The compact head on this hybrid is beautiful. Because of the compact nature, I found it easy to get my ball to the center of the club face without need of any additional markings on top. I loved the super clean look of the smoke shaft going into the black head then right down to the black ti face. It really makes the ball stand out at address and directs your focus where it should be. 

Sound & Feel (6 out of 10 points)

The Sound of this club is nothing special. Hitting back to back shots between this and my M1 3wood the sound to me was the same. Now admittedly I don’t pay too much attention to sound and try to focus more on performance. I can say nothing about the sound of this club put me off in any way. I did however feel it lacked a little in the feel department. While I knew the ball wasn’t going far left on any shot before even hitting it and you can feel if you really toe it, anything else pretty much felt the same so for the split sec from contact to bringing my head up I often thought the ball would be going one place and it being in a slightly different one. 

Basic Characteristics (15.7 out of 20 points)

• Trajectory – On a neutral swing from most any lie I would classify this as a High Trajectory aprox 100ft avg. However, I was able to fairly easily dial it down to 60ft or up to 130ft when needed for certain shots. I found that getting this into the air was way easier than any long Iron I have ever had.  (20 out of 20 points)

• Workability –  I was able to play a small cut and draw shots and could hook it if I really wanted to. However, I was not able to hit a slice even while trying.(15 out of 20 points)

• Accuracy – Because of the consistency in eliminating the big spinning shots I found this to be extremely accurate. You can see below in a 10 shot session how consistent the distance and accuracy was. (20 out of 20 points)

• Distance – For Raw Distance...Not as much As I was hoping for (and not really any longer than a 10yr old Mizuno 17* hybrid). I was hoping for a 250 yard shot and got more to 230-240 off the tee. (10 out of 20 points)

• Forgiveness – Very forgiving for me. With the exception of my first 2 shots on course I never hit the ball and was surprised with the lack of distance. I never came up short on any shots I was trying to hit “a distance”. (20 out of 20 points)

• Adjustability – Little to none. They do not provide any additional weights to swap out or a tool to do it. There is also no hosel adjustment like what has become fairly standard on many other clubs. (you can purchase extra weight individually for $20, but knowing which ones to order is a guess and check ordeal.) (5 out of 20 points)

• Pressure – I have extreme confidence in this club. Stepping up on the tee or into a shot into the green I felt I knew exactly what the ball was going to do. (20 out of 20 points)

• What factors were you pleased with? Where it counts this club delivers. It looks good, and hits it straight. I can confidently step up to the ball and know where I will end up. In n golf Consistency is key! I feel that the average above is misleading. If you don’t need adjustability (once fit for it)  or just flat raw distance then you get a 19 out of 20 which is darn good!

• What factors did you find lacking? I do wish it had come with more options for adjustability. While I really like my set up now, would I love it if there was a 10gram weight in the toe instead of a 5gram? Who knows??

On-Course / LM Performance (28 out of 30 points)

Unfortunately for me, shortly after getting picked for this test my phone took a swim in a river and never woke up so I was not able to use GPS options on course. However, I tried to track this info by noting my distance into greens and then backing out from the tee distance from there. I found that on course I was averaging just over 240 from the tee and about 225-230 into the greens. If I had a tendency for a missed shot it was to the right! With a Hybrid! On my launch monitor I tried to show my consistency using the FS Skills app on flightscope Mevo+. I think most people would be happy with those shots from 225 out. I was able to easily hit shots with this club that would have me shaking in my boots to try with my 3i or 3wood. (I took 2 points away because there was a time that I needed to play a bit cut around a corner and just couldn’t get it to curve enough)

(257 off tee)

BYH38Koyg6-RvOrhaOsRI4ZE9QmEW-MM4i7-VkTxoR4Qw1YEcPAyQLZiBczKxkom59D9BIBkPOXg-wV8xcf0UGpZjY3bJxgrG8NyrGBItJES_Y6zoQKfoUWyHzraHAMGGEHsnFAN

(253 over the green)

BiofRLaNIp9ccMmh0IaRdAWqkkSv1ihVKHTxMZiMhLIGbebWTWRZGe0CfU4UWqRg7rqDSNLcir4yrEt7MIJ2nBlUUxu33qq3rnhTil4XET0kJTvRyP_aiUoM6fOvdf9zKracpDvx

(Smooth swing choked down about ½”)

iGaTZt_k7wIlpgHORaHV1azuFXXyOM8J4WZFSgZez-EGQay1HFcth4uxhwaKdImSJj2mIz3I1dUhw7Ze_0XnwWw_UTwwQUog_n3s5tJXQF9lWK8t62s9St1nOjCtM42AQut-KoEX

Final Performance Comments: When I first got picked for this test I told my wife this would be interesting because if I had gone out to pick a new hybrid I don’t think I would have even given Tour edge a chance. Now after using this for the last month, I am thinking about buying several others! It looks great and plays better than it looks. My golfing buddies also commented about how I was hitting shots they have never seen me pull off before. 

Miscellaneous (8 out of 10 points)

The packaging was sufficient to get the club to me, but was nothing special. The only other part of the club left is the headcover. I wasn’t too big a fan of the color scheme, but quality and fit were top notch. Sometimes club covers are too tight or too loose leading to issues with getting them on or falling off. This went on very nicely. 

Play it or Trade it? (20 out of 20 points)

Play it. As much as possible. Depending on the course I will either drop my 3i or 3wood from the bag, but this isn’t going anywhere. If anything I may pick up some of the other lofts or one that adds that ½” of length to the shaft to truly be able to replace the 3wood. 

Conclusion (TL;DR)

I started this process with no love of hybrids and the unfounded notion that Tour Edge was a sub quality band. I have totally reversed course on both of these thoughts. This club has hit on all aspects that really matter when it comes to golf. It does exactly what it claims to do by eliminating the hook other hybrids have been prone to. It looks great, is extremely consistent and most importantly builds your confidence on shots that would have otherwise left doubt in your head when stepping up to swing. I would not hesitate at all to not only recommend this club/brand to my golfing friends, but will also be including them in any product evaluation I do from here on out. The ease of this club to launch the ball high and accurate over a long distance from any lie I faced was just not fair to the people I was playing. This club will not be leaving my bag anytime soon! My only sub positive thought would be to get fit if possible before buying. The adjustability we have become used to from other brands with movable weights and shafts are just not present with this club so it is important to get it right the first time. Once you got it though, you got it!

Final Score: (87.7 out of 100 points) 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

header.png.ecfa02ae182a446c935b25637a2fbb8d.png

INTRO

Before we get started I’d like to take a second to thank the teams @TourEdge & @MyGolfSpy Mods for giving me the opportunity to test the EXS Pro Hybrid. I have been on a journey this last year to get back into golf and the community here @MGS has helped me along the way. I hope you all enjoy this latest trek of the journey and enjoy the review.

I am 40 years young and just recently picked the game back up after a 5 year hiatus. Started golfing at 14 as a way to spend more time with my dad. From that time we spent together it turned into a passion that stuck with me through high school and into my time in the Marines. After my father passed away I quit, I didn’t touch a stick until I ran across a MGS video on YouTube. Then BAM out of nowhere I got the bug again, and here we are starting a new one together. Oh, and I’m a certified MEATHEAD!!!!

me.jpg.1dc0b47dea96d967d6bc43212d8f3987.jpg316202451_me2.png.da46ba74c020c27607980ed5b6efc36e.png

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Let’s start with what Tour Edge says about this club. Designed for players with fast swings, it will produce low spin. The club has tour-inspired compact shape, a Beta Titanium/360* cup face combo and a slip stream sole with speed channels. All this with the claim to be an anti-left hybrid. https://shop.touredge.com/collections/exotics-exs-pro/products/exotics-exs-pro-hybrid

My Impressions of this club straight out the box were simple. This thing is sexy, sleek, and simple. From top to bottom it screams Classic Ferrari. It has great lines with a simple crown, with no markings to throw you off or distract you from the top view of the club. They rotated the shaft so the logos are not a distraction to the eye. It has a nice clean solid black shaft that rolls into a sleek club head. Simplicity. I feel that allot of thought went into this and it shows.

So with all that being said why did I want to put this club in my bag? The goal here is to replace the 4 iron. I got the EXS Pro in 22* W/HZRDUS 6.0 shaft and the standard Golf Pride grip and standard size. This shaft meets my current needs and the loft should do well and replace the 4 iron. As they say, if this is to earn a spot in my bag it’s gotta do all that my 4 iron can do and then some:  Steady safe shots off the tee on short tight par 4’s and solid 200 yard approach shots from the fairway or rough. Simple, I’m not asking for the world, just a little more perfection than what I have now.

LOOKS 10 out of 10

Like I said in my comments about first impressions, I was highly impressed with the looks of this club. The small and sleek head design caught my eye, all in a good way. Not too small that you feel that you can’t hit it and not too large that it looks like some big odd spoon. The lack of graphics on the crown are well appreciated. No weird fins or logos or arrows or dots. Again simple, sleek and practical. Keeping in tune with the theme, the shaft is turned so logos are not seen. A simple grip tops it off, bringing the overall look of this club together. It’s a simple and classic design and it stands head and shoulders above the rest of the hybrids on the market in this.

1.jpg.3f6eec9f5fcacfdf537923f1d54ed140.jpg2.jpg.5cb7a81fe5427475dc60fe9f87b1bff9.jpg3.jpg.4e177da064ab8b7fdd4109c7c8cb612c.jpg4.jpg.89d944d8f00530d4742dc95e7838d34a.jpg5.jpg.8bb3206f03a5618cce6ba46de4896433.jpggrip.jpg.304372903d90a65b40ae272722cd224a.jpg2124955809_20.0shaft.jpg.44f24e8a8dda4ea92fa5f224759226cc.jpg

SOUND & FEEL 8 out of 10

First off, the feel is consistent across the face. I tend to hit most of my shots closer to the toe. That being said the club feels heavy at impact, or maybe a better way to describe it is solid. Like hitting a baseball with a wooden bat. It doesn’t bother me, but some of the other testers noted this and is only right that I bring it up. It may not bother me but it might bother others and it should be noted here in my review. Even if I feel it should have little higher score, I can’t ignore what others have said. Side note: sound and feel do not affect my mental game: bad shots do. https://youtu.be/CO-hnw-t59o

BASIC CHARACTERISTICS 16.75 OUT OF 20

So I wanna keep the following simple and touch on all the requirements for judging these characteristics. So all the bullets will be in reference of the hybrid vs my 4 iron.

• Trajectory – Is slightly higher than my 4 iron and lands softly on the green, basically does exactly what a hybrid should do. 18 out of 20
  • Workability – I was not able to work the ball that much if any at all. The times I did try the ball had little travel left or right. I wasn’t able to hit stingers or low punch shots. 12 out of 20
  • Accuracy – When it comes to accuracy this thing is top notch, it wanted to go straight each and every single time. 20 out of 20
  • Distance – Distance was right where it should be195-205 and if I needed too I could jump all over it and get it out to 225. It was much easier to get on compared to the 4 iron. So that was a big plus when I needed it. 20 out of 20
  • Forgiveness – The hard part of it I only hit maybe 2 bad shots on the course with this thing, both times the ball was well below my feet. These shots did go straight but they lost distance, about 20-30 yards from a high on the club face shots. Straight but short. 18 out of 20
  • Adjustability – No adjustability on this club, a re-shaft or grip change is the only option here.
  • 10 out of 20
  • Pressure – Pressure isn’t the issue, confidence is, lol. I knew that on every tee shot or approach shot, I knew it was either in the middle of the fairway or on the green. I felt no pressure playing with this club. I do not have this type of confidence with my 4 iron. 20-20
  • When you step up to a difficult tee box with something on the line (money, best score, danger on all sides) can you execute the shot you need to put yourself in position? YES, YES, YES this thing is money 195-205 PERIOD…
  • What factors were you pleased with? I was pleased that it does what that Tour Edge Says it can do. Anti-left hybrid. It does what it’s supposed to do.
  • What factors did you find lacking? Again workability was the only thing I felt this club was lacking.

1564644124_2shots.jpg.40f34103456ff6b6e8559d3abbc3f544.jpg

ON-COURSE PERFORMANCE 25 OUT OF 30

fairways.png.399548e337363c4b2c2a6364cddd99eb.png1324028717_fairways2.png.cdce219c4f81cdd745c4bf5325fa1517.png

So since I just got my @Arccos system this test worked perfect. No data on the 4-iron other than knowing what it could do. With that said, I know my 4-iron cannot stand up to these stats. Don’t let these shots that are long, short, left or right cause those shots were usually on the fringe or just shy of the fringe, which is normal for how I play: the chip and 1 putt game. 

greens.png.2e993c3ef634dd8db1bf8ac541892139.png282017673_greens2.png.56d50a1707798ec1eac146e467ff2894.png

Now for off the tee. This thing was a BEAST and the stats say it all here. It did everything I wanted it to do: hit the fairways on short par 4’s with a distance in the range of 225 off the tee. I even used it on holes were I tee’d off with it and then used it in the approach as well.

In my final comments in regards to the performance of the club is this: it’s just a fun club that instilled a lot of confidence when it came out the bag. It did about 90% of what I wanted it to do and did everything the guys at Tour Edge said it would. Would I change anything about this club? No! It’s a performer hands down and that’s a good thing from a product standpoint. Playing with the EXS Pro has opened my mind to the possibilities of other clubs from this company. I will be looking into other options from Tour Edge.

MISCELLANEOUS 9 OUT OF 10

The head cover was the only thing here I didn’t feel I covered in the rest of the review. This thing is like the interior of a Ferrari, sleek and sexy. Great material used and well put together, the trimming and stitching is top quality. The only reason it gets a 9 out of 10 is that fact there is nothing to protect the shaft. Even though this is the current style of head covers, I think they lack in that department (shaft protection) You would think more thought would be put into this by manufacturers with the use of higher quality shafts.

890822824_headcover1_00.jpg.9e8af08d815430c59f7d4c987416a9ef.jpg371615513_headcover2_00.jpg.d6192e0b6ebf88d3e571d653e5c01566.jpg813611877_headcover3_00.jpg.e180ef98fe45d97eb88bc02197917629.jpg

PLAY IT OR TRADE IT????? 18 OUT OF 20

I won’t trade it, but I will pay this club forward to another @MGS member…. This just doesn’t fit the gapping I was hoping that it would. With that being said I have already placed an order for another Tour Edge EXS Pro Hybrid in 19* to replace my current hybrid.

IN CONCLUSION, I would recommend this club to anyone and everyone. This club does everything that the guys at Tour Edge said it would. Looks, feel and performance all rolled into one. I really didn’t find much to rag on. I play a simple style of golf and really don’t try to work my longer clubs L/R that often. If you’re looking to hit fairways and greens in regulation utilizing just a straight shot than this is the club for you.

FINAL SCORE 86.75 OUT OF 100

headcover 2.jpg

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

Intro

Thank you to My Golf Spy for my first ever test opportunity! I am extremely excited to share my thoughts and experiences while putting the Tour Exotics EXS Pro Hybrid through a longer-term playing test than most typical demo experiences. 

Currently (post-COVID lockdowns) I play to a 6 index, but my low index was a 3. Everyone I golf with calls my swing SMOOTH, and when I’m playing my best I feel like I have all day to start my transition. When swinging well my driver swing speed tops out at 112mph, and I play my 9 iron from 150 yards.  Hitting fairways is a strength of mine, but hitting greens from fairways is a glaring weakness. I struggle with turning the face over resulting in a ball flight that draws more than I’d like, and turns into an ugly low hook when my tempo gets too fast or I try to put on extra speed. I can often reach par 5’s in two, and the maximum length par 5 I can reach is about 570 yards with two pure shots (driver/3-wood). I am super aggressive with my lines, and will often take on shots with very high risk. For a run of the mill 380-yard par 4 I often take a driver then wedge to the green. 

Prior to this test I have not gamed a hybrid, as I have not found one that really fits my eye. Also, I don’t struggle to get height on my long irons. So why did I want to test the EXS Pro Hybrid? Well, its billed as a hybrid for a player that likes a compact head shape, and its designed to avoid the right miss. That sounds perfect for tee shots that I still need a long carry, but want to take the left out of play without a large obtrusive clubhead.  I also wanted to fit the 30-yard gap between my 5 wood and 4 iron. For this reason, I chose the 20-degree EXS Pro, with the 6.0 Flex 81g HZRDUS SMOKE Black shaft cut ½” longer than standard. 

First Impressions

When I first saw the package at the front door, I was excited. Then I opened it and saw the actual EXS Pro and was more excited. The graphics looked great, the finish was perfect, and the Slipstream sole was not as pronounced as in the pictures. 

Tour Edge EXS Pro Hybrid Claims – 

1.     This club is designed with the better player in mind. Someone who doesn’t necessarily need game improvement in their club, and does not ever want to see their ball go left. – Can confirm this as VERIFIED. 

2.     The Slipstream sole channels optimize turf interactions in all conditions. – Can confirm this as VERIFIED.  

Looks (9 out of 10 points) 

The Exotics EXS Pro Hybrid is one of the smallest hybrid heads I’ve come across, which is a big boost to the score in this category. The glossy black crown might be bright here, but it’s the only detractor in the looks department. The dark glare-free clubface is clean and has reduced offset. The graphics on the bottom are attractive with a splash of color that doesn’t edge into gaudy territory. Overall, a fantastic looking entry into the hybrid market. 

Sound & Feel (7 out of 10 points)

Possibly the one drawback to the EXS Pro Hybrid is the Sound & Feel category. Although somewhat muted, there is a definite and sharp sound off the face at impact. I could see this as a confidence booster for some golfers as the sound is not disconcerting; however, I prefer a much quieter general acoustics. The feel of the face is incredibly firm, and you know you’ve hit the ball HARD. Also, the face is very consistent in its feedback giving you immediate insight into how centered your strike was. I’m going to subtract a few points because I don’t believe that the EXS Pro Hybrid will be the best performer in this category; however, it should not be taken too far down as it doesn’t feel bad, just not preferable. 

Basic Characteristics (16 out of 20 points)

I don’t currently game a hybrid, so I will be using my MP-4 4 iron as my baseline.

• Trajectory – Middle. This club doesn’t launch moonballs, nor does it smash line drives. Overall great flight.
  • Workability – Nothing to see here, it fades all the time unless its extremely mishit or I try very hard for a draw. 
  • Accuracy – Falls offline easily compared to my 4 iron; however, it gets high marks here for being very consistent in the way it misses. 
  • Distance – This club smashes the ball, very hot off the sweet spot. 
  • Forgiveness – Not the most forgiving club as slight misses have dramatic effects to ball flight. But even major trajectory and spin changes do little to affect the left-to-right bias with this club.
  • Adjustability – No real adjustability compared to some other offerings.
  • Pressure – Because this club almost always misses to the right of my target, I can always count on this club under pressure. I am never scared of a left shot, or catching an extra hot one that flies over the target. Absolute winner in a pressure situation.

On-Course / LM Performance (29 out of 30 points)

On course this club is an absolute gamer. It smashes the ball while completely eliminating the left side of the course for me. I could end this review right here, but I won’t since we are all equipment junkies here. 

I averaged 228 yards of carry with this club, which was pretty much exactly what I wanted to fit the gap between my 4 iron (215 yards) and my 5 wood (240 yards). I found 17 of the 19 fairways from the tee box on the tightest holes of my course. Quite simple really. Aim down the left edge of the fairway, swing hard, then let the ball fade back into the middle. Rinse. Repeat. I found my most common miss with this club was a low heel that come off like a stinger and kept about 80% of its distance. My buddies were all impressed that I had found such a low penetrating ball flight, and I did not bother to tell them it was a mishit. 

Since a lot people also use their hybrids out of desperate situations and difficult lies, I put balls down in all sorts of situations in an attempt to gauge the recovery shot capability. Overall it is less forgiving than one might expect, and a clean strike is still required to get consistent results. This is not a game improvement hybrid after all. But, when a decent blow is delivered to the ball the EXS Pro does not disappoint from deep rough, divots, hardpan, leaf litter, or sand. The EXS Pro is also very handy for chipping when the ball is tucked up against a collar. One note though, with the HZRDUS shaft, less than full effort swings are not always the easiest to pull off. 

I wouldn’t change anything but the feel in the next generation. I think this club has a found a niche of a better player’s hybrid, and performs as expected. If I absolutely HAD to choose something to improve it would be partial shot workability, though I suspect that could be done with a simple shaft change. 

Miscellaneous (8 out of 10 points)

Nothing really to detract from a score here, shipping was adequate, website was adequate, and customization options were adequate. Nothing really special to boost it into the top of the category either. 

Play it or Trade it? (20 out of 20 points)

This is absolutely a Play It. What a confidence booster to not even look at the left and still deliver a long ball. It absolutely helps me play my best. I do think the asking price is fair because you are getting a small batch of better player’s hybrids.  

Conclusion

A better player’s anti-left, long-bombing, smooth-gliding, rescue-shot-making, pressure-relief-outlet, give-it-all-you-got hybrid. Tour Edge has found a niche for this club, and I do not recommend it to players with a low swing speed or impact location problems. Although it takes a knock for sound/feel, the EXS Pro is a winner. 

Final Score: (89 out of 100 points)

Edited by zrumble

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Excited to get this review off the ground! Intro coming shortly, but here's my initial gut reaction: this club looks nice, and more importantly has performed above my expectations in the 3 times I've hit it so far. We'll see how it fares in the next few weeks!

Right Handed

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

WITB thread here

Teaser post before the intro...

Paired with the 83g HZRDUS SMOKE Black Hybrid shaft, the EXS Pro 20 degree is an anti-hook machine for me. The turf interaction is premium. Stay tuned! 
7CBDA7DB-B960-4324-AD7C-9C9947B08A17.jpeg.c207fce0d30912a72eade56fb34f4161.jpegF08993CE-9A47-49A1-AE29-12B4622C5C10.jpeg.ba910816adf15dbe9cf58c19ec8e32bb.jpeg218AECA5-F16E-46A5-BA11-A72CBC13D4E6.jpeg.b242a311e08e0ab1a2911adbc2a18da4.jpeg902147E0-C7A7-431D-957C-30D858E6382D.jpeg.b727d0ec907cd360652c3d0bdcc26dfd.jpeg

Edited by zrumble

My club is expected to deliver this afternoon so fingers crossed I get to see this in person when I get home tonight! 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

1 hour ago, The 19th Hole said:

My club is expected to deliver this afternoon so fingers crossed I get to see this in person when I get home tonight! 

That's the best kind of post-work surprise!

Right Handed

WITB thread here

Can’t wait to see these

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

18 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Can’t wait to see these

You were interested in the turf interaction if I remember correctly, right? I haven’t gotten it out on course and tried different lies yet, but that’s coming. On the Bermuda grass of the local range, out of 30 shots I didn’t have one that felt “grabby”. 

37 minutes ago, zrumble said:

You were interested in the turf interaction if I remember correctly, right? I haven’t gotten it out on course and tried different lies yet, but that’s coming. On the Bermuda grass of the local range, out of 30 shots I didn’t have one that felt “grabby”. 

Yes curious how it is cutting through rough. I actually prefer irons from the thick stuff but enjoy my hybrids as well through them just really depends on how much giddy up I need

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

48 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Yes curious how it is cutting through rough. I actually prefer irons from the thick stuff but enjoy my hybrids as well through them just really depends on how much giddy up I need

Same I love my butter knife MP-4s. That’s one of the reasons I haven’t yet converted to hybrids. But I’ll get some shots out of the rough, divots, tight lies, and a fairway bunker or two for the forum since a lot of people use their hybrid in rescue situations. I also have some chips, punches, and knockdowns on the table. But if anybody on the thread wants a particular shot shape or turf condition, post it and I will do my best to replicate it. I’m no Tiger Woods at shot shaping, shocker!, but I’ll do what I can. 

Edited by zrumble

10 hours ago, ncwoz said:

That's the best kind of post-work surprise!

Too Bad this was me @ 8:00pm when UPS said it would be here between 3:45 and 7:45pm today...Maybe tomorrow 😞

IMG-4360.jpg

5 hours ago, The 19th Hole said:

Too Bad this was me @ 8:00pm when UPS said it would be here between 3:45 and 7:45pm today...Maybe tomorrow 😞

IMG-4360.jpg

I have honestly had the worst experiences with UPS the past year. Wrong days, wrong house etc etc.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I'm in need of some new hybrids soon so I look forward to your thoughts. Initial reactions sound positive

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Ok, this is one sexy club.

20200710_205212.jpeg.47e2ae42dd81db34f91353771e5f4466.jpeg20200710_205326.jpeg.a92067ee4fdf1f6902876da56dc7383a.jpeg20200710_205504.jpeg.d7d4c1ed1d9b260d874b4a333ce37ac7.jpeg20200710_205517.jpeg.a1a02fc9cd68fd20936fee4115fc04ce.jpeg20200710_205530.jpeg.a632d0027376c33cc90b28f23082a93a.jpeg20200710_205555.jpeg.dbf3b65c15b52e121a82d89239829105.jpeg

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

2 minutes ago, Zen Snake said:

20200710_205212.jpeg.47e2ae42dd81db34f91353771e5f4466.jpeg20200710_205326.jpeg.a92067ee4fdf1f6902876da56dc7383a.jpeg20200710_205504.jpeg.d7d4c1ed1d9b260d874b4a333ce37ac7.jpeg20200710_205517.jpeg.a1a02fc9cd68fd20936fee4115fc04ce.jpeg20200710_205530.jpeg.a632d0027376c33cc90b28f23082a93a.jpeg20200710_205555.jpeg.dbf3b65c15b52e121a82d89239829105.jpeg

Nice pictures Zen. What is the little symbol on the top? I dont think I noticed that in any other pictures before this....actually is that an antler chandelier reflection lol? 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

3 minutes ago, Zen Snake said:

Ooo. I like the “strip club” lighting! 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Just now, Lacassem said:

Nice pictures Zen. What is the little symbol on the top? I dont think I noticed that in any other pictures before this....actually is that an antler chandelier reflection lol? 

why yes it is.

10 hours ago, The 19th Hole said:

IMG-4360.jpg

Well, at least you kept that lonely plant in the box company.... 😂

4 minutes ago, Zen Snake said:

why yes it is.

I knew it. I did a double take. I was like I didnt see that in the others. Zoomed in, sure as Sh!t thats what it is. Your own build or bought? I am 99.9% sure that its the former but.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

35 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Well, at least you kept that lonely plant in the box company.... 😂

My Wife and Son took some bell pepper scraps and planted them in there. If you zoom in you can see 2 more small sprouts on the left side of the box too. 

some of my usage of the 22* this thing is living up to the hype so far.

3rd.png

1st.png

14th.png

44.png

5 minutes ago, Zen Snake said:

3rd.png

1st.png

14th.png

44.png

Nice!!! Similar looking results to my range test. PRGR was claiming 240 yards with the 20 degree, and nothing went left. I’m not sold on the feel of the face yet, feels a bit hard; however, I play Mizuno blades so that is subjective and probably skewed from other opinions. 

10 minutes ago, Zen Snake said:

3rd.png

1st.png

14th.png

44.png

So are some of those shots down hill/wind? If not, why do you think the difference between the 190 and 232 yards shot to shot? 

(Also, those look to be some well placed tee shots! )

3 minutes ago, The 19th Hole said:

So are some of those shots down hill/wind? If not, why do you think the difference between the 190 and 232 yards shot to shot?

so a nice normal smooth swing hits 200'ish and if I get after it 230'ish. Its the same with my 19* hybrid 235 normal swing but if I get after it 255-265.

9 minutes ago, Zen Snake said:

so a nice normal smooth swing hits 200'ish and if I get after it 230'ish. Its the same with my 19* hybrid 235 normal swing but if I get after it 255-265.

Thats a pretty nice extra gear! 

20 minutes ago, The 19th Hole said:

Thats a pretty nice extra gear! 

I'm really a 240lbs meat head. That's why I gots an extra gear

10 hours ago, The 19th Hole said:

My Wife and Son took some bell pepper scraps and planted them in there. If you zoom in you can see 2 more small sprouts on the left side of the box too. 

That’s awesome! I was thinking of some way to have that glass bulb light-up when the club arrives!!! That would be cool!!!

When the club DOES arrive, just make sure to say, “This must be a major award! Look! It says FRAJEELAY!”