TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Tour Edge EXS Pro Hybrid

14 hours ago, ncwoz said:

No question about the performance, I've been extremely impressed so far. Really nice ball flight, really stable and really consistent for me.

Obviously looks, sound and feel start getting into the subjective stuff, and I think it fits my taste better than the other testers from the sound of it. Might be comparing extremes here, but hopefully that makes more sense what I was hoping to see/not see. I snagged a picture from Callaway's site of their Mavrik Max hybrid, and put it up against one of the pictures I've got of the EXS Pro. Nothing against Callaway specifically, just grabbed one as an example. I don't like seeing a ton of mass out of the back, and I don't like seeing the kind of "bulge" towards the toe if that makes sense. I'd feel like my eye would gravitate towards all that mass and I'd be hitting everything out of the toe. This picture almost doesn't do it justice, because I almost feel like the EXS Pro is almost a half the depth the Mavrik Max appears to be. I also like that from address you don't see anything except the crown and and face. No other paint, markings, etc.

1962221249_ScreenShot2020-07-21at4_09_19PM.png.48046ad50e2642c1b8287ecdedee4de6.pngIMG_20200707_175218850.jpg.a26f2b5b5d199e7aafcae0c9c579d38d.jpg

I have enjoyed the sound, but am admittedly not picky about it. It'd need to be pretty extreme to put me off. I'm still planning on snagging a video next time I'm at the range, and I'm going to get some pictures at address.

Similar story on feel for me. I do notice when I've hit it out of the center or not, which I like for feedback on shots and potential misses. Out of the center it feels like the thing is gonna go to the moon, I have really enjoyed every swing I've managed to hit dead nuts.

If anything I do kinda understand what @zrumble is saying about the shiny crown (and love matte finishes myself) but I have yet to be distracted at all by the crown. 

IMG_20200721_195529090.jpg.250d20c674535585779d9e120466a298.jpg

Here's another look from address for reference.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Before we get too far into testing, I wanted to get a post together for a quick summary of my long game, and what I'm looking for this club to do. I'll touch more on the fitting/specs side and my amateur testing protocols in a later post.

As a mid-high handicapper, consistency is something I could use help with throughout the bag. I've been keeping some stats with TheGrint to try and get a better awareness of where my game needs help, and at the top of my bag my biggest issue is avoiding hazards and OB. I'll take Driver when I feel like the risk of trouble is high, 3W when I feel like I need a bit more control but can still get after it pretty well, and 3 iron when it's really tight. My miss is left with all 3 clubs, and it can get pretty ugly. We're talking 30 yard left, low pull hooks, so bad can get ugly quick.

Not counting the last few rounds I've had the EXS in the bag, this year off the tee I'm averaging 29.6% FIR, and averaging 5.35 penalty shots per 18 (TheGrint counts a bunker as a 0.5 stroke penalty). If I were to guess, I'd say easily 4+ of those strokes are lost from the tee box. I'd really like to see some big improvement on both of those.

I typically hit it far enough that distance isn't my issue. My 3W is roughly my 260 club, and my 3i roughly 215 (at least theoretically 🙄). Far from ideal gapping, so I'm looking for the EXS Pro to be my 240ish club. With my distance I'm usually not needing 240 into greens, so the biggest thing I'm looking for out of this club is to be a reliable fairway finder. A few courses I frequent are relatively short, but also really narrow and penal when you miss the fairway. I can already think of 6-7 holes on our company's league track I know I'll be taking the EXS off the tee.

With my distance, I typically only find myself more than 200+ yards out on par 5's. Traditionally the upper end of my bag has been too inconsistent to fire away at those longer par 5's in two, so I typically will just lay up to wedge into the green. If the EXS Pro is consistent enough for me, I would love to be able to try and take some more cracks at par 5's in two, so I'll keep tabs on that as well.

Lastly, I'm hoping to be able to use the hybrid as a bit of a utility club. Punch shots out of trees in particular, to get me out of the trouble I've found myself in. I don't typically bump and run with anything lower lofted than my 52° wedge, unless there's some extenuating circumstances. I'll also test the "hybrid putt", but it's not a shot I've had before so it won't be exactly apples to apples.

And with that, I'll leave you with a video of my hitting the EXS Pro on the range last night! (First strike was out of the toe, second was pretty centered. And yes, I sweat a lot haha)

Right Handed

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

WITB thread here

Alright, wanted to go into some more detail on how I got my specs for this club. Tour Edge being more towards the smaller/DTC type manufacturer, I was curious to see what the experience would be like to get some specs for the club. Personally, the potential difficulty in getting fit to clubs is what gives me hesitancy on some of the smaller companies. However, after looking around some of the local shops, I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of them did carry & fit Tour Edge clubs.

Now, specifically with the Exotics EXS Pro model, no one I talked to had it in shop. I wasn't expecting it, as the EXS Pro line are limited edition. I decided to get fit with the "normal" EXS hybrid model at the Golf Emporium, a shop that uses Foresight for their fittings. We started off hitting the two clubs they hybrid would sit between, which is my 3W and 3i. We found my 3W to be about my 260-265 club, and my 3i being about 215, so we were shooting for the hybrid to be my 230-240 club. Then we starting hitting the hybrid.

When I squared it up, it felt really good. However, the stiff shaft they had in there wasn't quite enough for me. I was ballooning the ball with almost 6,800 revs and getting a bit too much height because of that. My swing speed was coming in around 106-110 mph with the hybrid. 18° seemed to be what I'd need to fit my gap. My fitter has a relationship with the midwest Tour Edge rep, so he gave him a call to talk through shaft options. With my speed, they both agreed on an X-stiff shaft. However, the stock X-stiff offering is the Hzrdous Smoke Black 80, which they agreed was more appropriate for a more harsh transition. My tempo is pretty smooth, so the Tour Edge rep suggested getting me the Project X Black Evenflow X-stiff shaft. He said that even though it wasn't a stock shaft, it wouldn't be an up-charge (although because the MGS testing orders go through MGS, I can't actually verify this for sure).

All in all, I was really impressed with the process. Even though I wasn't able to swing the actual club I would be receiving until it was shipped, they hit the nail on the head. The shaft recommendation was a great one, and I absolutely love how the Black Evenflow feels. Another thing the EXS Pro has going for it is its adjustable weights. It comes shipped as a draw bias, so I've swapped the weights and have been playing it in the fade bias setup. And that's where we have it!

Right Handed

WITB thread here

Played a fantastic round today. Had a triple bogey after one wedge that was a flier went into no mans land behind an elevated green in the trees and shortsided pin on a downslope away... but I still shot my handicap. 
As for the Exotics Pro, it continues to live up to the hype and I can seemingly always count on it staying in play. It is now my go to tee shot on short and narrow par 4s. I aim down the left edge and swing hard. Watch it send my ball on a gentle push fade down the middle. I hit 12/14 fairways today by picking my spots with my driver. I also had 2 shots tie for best shots of the day, and the EXS Pro accounted for one of them. 225 yards into a slight breeze for my second shot on a par 5. Hit a little push draw to 10 feet! (My other best shot was my 4 iron that I hit my second shot on another par 5 8 feet short of the flag)

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Made it out yesterday to play at Greenhorn Creek Golf Course in Angels Camp, CA. Once again I left the 3 wood at home and brought out the new trusty Tour Edge! Once again a hook free round. Used it off several tees, over corners and as approach shots to greens. I had one shot that was out of the rough, 210 yards, up a very steep hill. I though I can try to smash my 3i and hope I clear the traps guarding the green, or I can choke down a bit and just let this club loft it up there nice and simple. Hit it to about 20 ft (then 3 putted for par 😕 ). I was thinking that it might have been my best shot with the club so to date. Then I had another shot that was a sharp dogleg right with trees guarding the corner. I needed to go about 235 to get that corner. I threw down my ball, grabbed my Tour Edge, cleared the corner trees, then stuck the approach to 3 ft for birdie. Once again, might have been my best shot to get over those trees and be in perfect position, but no. A couple holes later I cut another corner with driver on a Par 5 (with driver), but apparently should have bitten more off as I went through the fairway and into a trap. I was about 2 paces from the lip, 225 yards out. I have never tried this club from sand yet and figured this would be  a great opportunity. Clipped it Perfectly! Cleared the lip, cleared the green side bunker, and stopped pin high at about 15 ft. I could not have hit my 3i that far, nor Could I have gotten my 3 wood over that lip. I stepped out of the bunker and looked at my friend "Man I love this club!"  (ohh and I managed to not 3 putt it this time either) 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

21 hours ago, ncwoz said:

Alright, wanted to go into some more detail on how I got my specs for this club. Tour Edge being more towards the smaller/DTC type manufacturer, I was curious to see what the experience would be like to get some specs for the club. Personally, the potential difficulty in getting fit to clubs is what gives me hesitancy on some of the smaller companies. However, after looking around some of the local shops, I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of them did carry & fit Tour Edge clubs.

My fitter in Bozeman, MT even had them 🙂.  He said they've been pretty popular.  I did try the 7i but it did not yield my better numbers.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Snuck in 9 this morning. 2 more tee shots, 2 more fairways. This club is a keeper. 

2 hours ago, zrumble said:

Snuck in 9 this morning. 2 more tee shots, 2 more fairways. This club is a keeper. 

I've been taking hybrid off the tee as opposed to driver a lot more than I usually would, and I'm beginning to realize that I really shouldn't hit my driver as often as I do haha

Right Handed

WITB thread here

28 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

I've been taking hybrid off the tee as opposed to driver a lot more than I usually would, and I'm beginning to realize that I really shouldn't hit my driver as often as I do haha

Definitely. I feel like it’s added a dimension to my game. Picking my spots to bomb it vs play one into a smart area. 

17 hours ago, zrumble said:

Definitely. I feel like it’s added a dimension to my game. Picking my spots to bomb it vs play one into a smart area. 

It helps when you have a hybrid you trust so much and don't feel like you are taking away from your ability to score

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

2 hours ago, jayjay0808 said:

It helps when you have a hybrid you trust so much and don't feel like you are taking away from your ability to score

Absolutely! Now I feel like I can all but eliminate the left side off the tee if I have to, and that is a confidence booster. I'm now looking at my specs on my woods to see if I can tweak those in some way to also help eliminate the left. My swing path can get as much as 5-6 degrees in-to-out because I drop it under the plane so I've always struggled with somewhat of a two way miss depending on my timing. My eyes are definitely open now to what a one way miss actually feels like, and the confidence it gives. I'm scaring all my PB's on the local tracks.

Now who's gonna get this Hybrid of mine next, Playing it forward.....

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

Boy, can't say it's totally hook-proof. Unfortunately for my score in league tonight, it was much more than the hybrid. Snap hooked 2 hybrids, a 5i, and 2 6i's over 9 holes 😬.

Right Handed

WITB thread here

Swing wasn’t agreeing with the EXS Pro tonight. It was still serviceable, but my timing was a bit late so all my clubs were fading. The EXS Pro with its right bias was going well right of target, but the flight never surprised me. 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 12:37 PM, fixyurdivot said:

My fitter in Bozeman, MT even had them 🙂.  He said they've been pretty popular.  I did try the 7i but it did not yield my better numbers.

Been down to Sheridan lately to play the Powder Horn????

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

Now who's gonna get this Hybrid of mine next, Playing it forward.....

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

4 hours ago, Zen Snake said:

Been down to Sheridan lately to play the Powder Horn????

Your thinking of Sheridan, WY.  We live in the Ruby Valley, about 8 miles south of Sheridan, MT.  Lot's of folks confuse the two.

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Your thinking of Sheridan, WY.  We live in the Ruby Valley, about 8 miles south of Sheridan, MT.  Lot's of folks confuse the two.

I saw u were getting fitted in billings and figured u were close one direction or the other.

2 hours ago, Zen Snake said:

I saw u were getting fitted in billings and figured u were close one direction or the other.

Fitter is in Bozeman.  Billings is almost 4 hours from my place... Montana, like TX is a huge piece of real estate.

8 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Fitter is in Bozeman.  Billings is almost 4 hours from my place... Montana, like TX is a huge piece of real estate.

Oh yeah I'm originally from Wyoming and the wife is from Montana City, Montana. So u know the state semi well lol. Go Grizz

Just ordered the 19* to replace my current hybrid. Once all the reviews are up, I'll choose another MGS'r to get the 22* hybrid I tested. Passing it on to the community. So let's get engaged in this one....Screenshot_20200805-153352~2.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H931 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Not a great round yesterday(11 over) Played probably the hardest course in the area. Largely due to the freaking wind(20+) and swarms of mosquitos. But that's South Texas for ya. But every time I put that Hybrid in my hand it sure as hell performed for me. Cant wait to add the 19* to the bag today maybe tomorrow.  

On 7/13/2020 at 9:15 AM, Zen Snake said:

header.png.ecfa02ae182a446c935b25637a2fbb8d.png

INTRO

Before we get started I’d like to take a second to thank the teams @TourEdge & @MyGolfSpy Mods for giving me the opportunity to test the EXS Pro Hybrid. I have been on a journey this last year to get back into golf and the community here @MGS has helped me along the way. I hope you all enjoy this latest trek of the journey and enjoy the review.

I am 40 years young and just recently picked the game back up after a 5 year hiatus. Started golfing at 14 as a way to spend more time with my dad. From that time we spent together it turned into a passion that stuck with me through high school and into my time in the Marines. After my father passed away I quit, I didn’t touch a stick until I ran across a MGS video on YouTube. Then BAM out of nowhere I got the bug again, and here we are starting a new one together. Oh, and I’m a certified MEATHEAD!!!!

me.jpg.1dc0b47dea96d967d6bc43212d8f3987.jpg316202451_me2.png.da46ba74c020c27607980ed5b6efc36e.png

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Let’s start with what Tour Edge says about this club. Designed for players with fast swings, it will produce low spin. The club has tour-inspired compact shape, a Beta Titanium/360* cup face combo and a slip stream sole with speed channels. All this with the claim to be an anti-left hybrid. https://shop.touredge.com/collections/exotics-exs-pro/products/exotics-exs-pro-hybrid

My Impressions of this club straight out the box were simple. This thing is sexy, sleek, and simple. From top to bottom it screams Classic Ferrari. It has great lines with a simple crown, with no markings to throw you off or distract you from the top view of the club. They rotated the shaft so the logos are not a distraction to the eye. It has a nice clean solid black shaft that rolls into a sleek club head. Simplicity. I feel that allot of thought went into this and it shows.

So with all that being said why did I want to put this club in my bag? The goal here is to replace the 4 iron. I got the EXS Pro in 22* W/HZRDUS 6.0 shaft and the standard Golf Pride grip and standard size. This shaft meets my current needs and the loft should do well and replace the 4 iron. As they say, if this is to earn a spot in my bag it’s gotta do all that my 4 iron can do and then some:  Steady safe shots off the tee on short tight par 4’s and solid 200 yard approach shots from the fairway or rough. Simple, I’m not asking for the world, just a little more perfection than what I have now.

LOOKS 10 out of 10

Like I said in my comments about first impressions, I was highly impressed with the looks of this club. The small and sleek head design caught my eye, all in a good way. Not too small that you feel that you can’t hit it and not too large that it looks like some big odd spoon. The lack of graphics on the crown are well appreciated. No weird fins or logos or arrows or dots. Again simple, sleek and practical. Keeping in tune with the theme, the shaft is turned so logos are not seen. A simple grip tops it off, bringing the overall look of this club together. It’s a simple and classic design and it stands head and shoulders above the rest of the hybrids on the market in this.

1.jpg.3f6eec9f5fcacfdf537923f1d54ed140.jpg2.jpg.5cb7a81fe5427475dc60fe9f87b1bff9.jpg3.jpg.4e177da064ab8b7fdd4109c7c8cb612c.jpg4.jpg.89d944d8f00530d4742dc95e7838d34a.jpg5.jpg.8bb3206f03a5618cce6ba46de4896433.jpggrip.jpg.304372903d90a65b40ae272722cd224a.jpg2124955809_20.0shaft.jpg.44f24e8a8dda4ea92fa5f224759226cc.jpg

SOUND & FEEL 8 out of 10

First off, the feel is consistent across the face. I tend to hit most of my shots closer to the toe. That being said the club feels heavy at impact, or maybe a better way to describe it is solid. Like hitting a baseball with a wooden bat. It doesn’t bother me, but some of the other testers noted this and is only right that I bring it up. It may not bother me but it might bother others and it should be noted here in my review. Even if I feel it should have little higher score, I can’t ignore what others have said. Side note: sound and feel do not affect my mental game: bad shots do. https://youtu.be/CO-hnw-t59o

BASIC CHARACTERISTICS 16.75 OUT OF 20

So I wanna keep the following simple and touch on all the requirements for judging these characteristics. So all the bullets will be in reference of the hybrid vs my 4 iron.

• Trajectory – Is slightly higher than my 4 iron and lands softly on the green, basically does exactly what a hybrid should do. 18 out of 20
  • Workability – I was not able to work the ball that much if any at all. The times I did try the ball had little travel left or right. I wasn’t able to hit stingers or low punch shots. 12 out of 20
  • Accuracy – When it comes to accuracy this thing is top notch, it wanted to go straight each and every single time. 20 out of 20
  • Distance – Distance was right where it should be195-205 and if I needed too I could jump all over it and get it out to 225. It was much easier to get on compared to the 4 iron. So that was a big plus when I needed it. 20 out of 20
  • Forgiveness – The hard part of it I only hit maybe 2 bad shots on the course with this thing, both times the ball was well below my feet. These shots did go straight but they lost distance, about 20-30 yards from a high on the club face shots. Straight but short. 18 out of 20
  • Adjustability – No adjustability on this club, a re-shaft or grip change is the only option here.
  • 10 out of 20
  • Pressure – Pressure isn’t the issue, confidence is, lol. I knew that on every tee shot or approach shot, I knew it was either in the middle of the fairway or on the green. I felt no pressure playing with this club. I do not have this type of confidence with my 4 iron. 20-20
  • When you step up to a difficult tee box with something on the line (money, best score, danger on all sides) can you execute the shot you need to put yourself in position? YES, YES, YES this thing is money 195-205 PERIOD…
  • What factors were you pleased with? I was pleased that it does what that Tour Edge Says it can do. Anti-left hybrid. It does what it’s supposed to do.
  • What factors did you find lacking? Again workability was the only thing I felt this club was lacking.

1564644124_2shots.jpg.40f34103456ff6b6e8559d3abbc3f544.jpg

ON-COURSE PERFORMANCE 25 OUT OF 30

fairways.png.399548e337363c4b2c2a6364cddd99eb.png1324028717_fairways2.png.cdce219c4f81cdd745c4bf5325fa1517.png

So since I just got my @Arccos system this test worked perfect. No data on the 4-iron other than knowing what it could do. With that said, I know my 4-iron cannot stand up to these stats. Don’t let these shots that are long, short, left or right cause those shots were usually on the fringe or just shy of the fringe, which is normal for how I play: the chip and 1 putt game. 

greens.png.2e993c3ef634dd8db1bf8ac541892139.png282017673_greens2.png.56d50a1707798ec1eac146e467ff2894.png

Now for off the tee. This thing was a BEAST and the stats say it all here. It did everything I wanted it to do: hit the fairways on short par 4’s with a distance in the range of 225 off the tee. I even used it on holes were I tee’d off with it and then used it in the approach as well.

In my final comments in regards to the performance of the club is this: it’s just a fun club that instilled a lot of confidence when it came out the bag. It did about 90% of what I wanted it to do and did everything the guys at Tour Edge said it would. Would I change anything about this club? No! It’s a performer hands down and that’s a good thing from a product standpoint. Playing with the EXS Pro has opened my mind to the possibilities of other clubs from this company. I will be looking into other options from Tour Edge.

MISCELLANEOUS 9 OUT OF 10

The head cover was the only thing here I didn’t feel I covered in the rest of the review. This thing is like the interior of a Ferrari, sleek and sexy. Great material used and well put together, the trimming and stitching is top quality. The only reason it gets a 9 out of 10 is that fact there is nothing to protect the shaft. Even though this is the current style of head covers, I think they lack in that department (shaft protection) You would think more thought would be put into this by manufacturers with the use of higher quality shafts.

890822824_headcover1_00.jpg.9e8af08d815430c59f7d4c987416a9ef.jpg371615513_headcover2_00.jpg.d6192e0b6ebf88d3e571d653e5c01566.jpg813611877_headcover3_00.jpg.e180ef98fe45d97eb88bc02197917629.jpg

PLAY IT OR TRADE IT????? 18 OUT OF 20

I won’t trade it, but I will pay this club forward to another @MGS member…. This just doesn’t fit the gapping I was hoping that it would. With that being said I have already placed an order for another Tour Edge EXS Pro Hybrid in 19* to replace my current hybrid.

IN CONCLUSION, I would recommend this club to anyone and everyone. This club does everything that the guys at Tour Edge said it would. Looks, feel and performance all rolled into one. I really didn’t find much to rag on. I play a simple style of golf and really don’t try to work my longer clubs L/R that often. If you’re looking to hit fairways and greens in regulation utilizing just a straight shot than this is the club for you.

FINAL SCORE 86.75 OUT OF 100

headcover 2.jpg

Great review @Zen Snake! And boy, that's one heck of a pull! Is that your 1 rep max?

Right Handed

WITB thread here

1 minute ago, ncwoz said:

Great review @Zen Snake! And boy, that's one heck of a pull! Is that your 1 rep max?

For that day it was. That was a deadlift party to raise money for Disabled VETS. Good times with my brothers in arms for good cause.

On 8/3/2020 at 2:10 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Off topic, but one of my favorite brown ales ever is from Blacktooth Brewing in Sheridan, WY.

Only spent 18 months in Wyoming though, but did get to Billings once.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Off topic, but one of my favorite brown ales ever is from Blacktooth Brewing in Sheridan, WY.

Only spent 18 months in Wyoming though, but did get to Billings once.

How can talking about beer be "off topic"... ever? 🤣

On 7/13/2020 at 9:15 AM, Zen Snake said:

header.png.ecfa02ae182a446c935b25637a2fbb8d.png

INTRO

Before we get started I’d like to take a second to thank the teams @TourEdge & @MyGolfSpy Mods for giving me the opportunity to test the EXS Pro Hybrid. I have been on a journey this last year to get back into golf and the community here @MGS has helped me along the way. I hope you all enjoy this latest trek of the journey and enjoy the review.

I am 40 years young and just recently picked the game back up after a 5 year hiatus. Started golfing at 14 as a way to spend more time with my dad. From that time we spent together it turned into a passion that stuck with me through high school and into my time in the Marines. After my father passed away I quit, I didn’t touch a stick until I ran across a MGS video on YouTube. Then BAM out of nowhere I got the bug again, and here we are starting a new one together. Oh, and I’m a certified MEATHEAD!!!!

me.jpg.1dc0b47dea96d967d6bc43212d8f3987.jpg316202451_me2.png.da46ba74c020c27607980ed5b6efc36e.png

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Let’s start with what Tour Edge says about this club. Designed for players with fast swings, it will produce low spin. The club has tour-inspired compact shape, a Beta Titanium/360* cup face combo and a slip stream sole with speed channels. All this with the claim to be an anti-left hybrid. https://shop.touredge.com/collections/exotics-exs-pro/products/exotics-exs-pro-hybrid

My Impressions of this club straight out the box were simple. This thing is sexy, sleek, and simple. From top to bottom it screams Classic Ferrari. It has great lines with a simple crown, with no markings to throw you off or distract you from the top view of the club. They rotated the shaft so the logos are not a distraction to the eye. It has a nice clean solid black shaft that rolls into a sleek club head. Simplicity. I feel that allot of thought went into this and it shows.

So with all that being said why did I want to put this club in my bag? The goal here is to replace the 4 iron. I got the EXS Pro in 22* W/HZRDUS 6.0 shaft and the standard Golf Pride grip and standard size. This shaft meets my current needs and the loft should do well and replace the 4 iron. As they say, if this is to earn a spot in my bag it’s gotta do all that my 4 iron can do and then some:  Steady safe shots off the tee on short tight par 4’s and solid 200 yard approach shots from the fairway or rough. Simple, I’m not asking for the world, just a little more perfection than what I have now.

LOOKS 10 out of 10

Like I said in my comments about first impressions, I was highly impressed with the looks of this club. The small and sleek head design caught my eye, all in a good way. Not too small that you feel that you can’t hit it and not too large that it looks like some big odd spoon. The lack of graphics on the crown are well appreciated. No weird fins or logos or arrows or dots. Again simple, sleek and practical. Keeping in tune with the theme, the shaft is turned so logos are not seen. A simple grip tops it off, bringing the overall look of this club together. It’s a simple and classic design and it stands head and shoulders above the rest of the hybrids on the market in this.

1.jpg.3f6eec9f5fcacfdf537923f1d54ed140.jpg2.jpg.5cb7a81fe5427475dc60fe9f87b1bff9.jpg3.jpg.4e177da064ab8b7fdd4109c7c8cb612c.jpg4.jpg.89d944d8f00530d4742dc95e7838d34a.jpg5.jpg.8bb3206f03a5618cce6ba46de4896433.jpggrip.jpg.304372903d90a65b40ae272722cd224a.jpg2124955809_20.0shaft.jpg.44f24e8a8dda4ea92fa5f224759226cc.jpg

SOUND & FEEL 8 out of 10

First off, the feel is consistent across the face. I tend to hit most of my shots closer to the toe. That being said the club feels heavy at impact, or maybe a better way to describe it is solid. Like hitting a baseball with a wooden bat. It doesn’t bother me, but some of the other testers noted this and is only right that I bring it up. It may not bother me but it might bother others and it should be noted here in my review. Even if I feel it should have little higher score, I can’t ignore what others have said. Side note: sound and feel do not affect my mental game: bad shots do. https://youtu.be/CO-hnw-t59o

BASIC CHARACTERISTICS 16.75 OUT OF 20

So I wanna keep the following simple and touch on all the requirements for judging these characteristics. So all the bullets will be in reference of the hybrid vs my 4 iron.

• Trajectory – Is slightly higher than my 4 iron and lands softly on the green, basically does exactly what a hybrid should do. 18 out of 20
  • Workability – I was not able to work the ball that much if any at all. The times I did try the ball had little travel left or right. I wasn’t able to hit stingers or low punch shots. 12 out of 20
  • Accuracy – When it comes to accuracy this thing is top notch, it wanted to go straight each and every single time. 20 out of 20
  • Distance – Distance was right where it should be195-205 and if I needed too I could jump all over it and get it out to 225. It was much easier to get on compared to the 4 iron. So that was a big plus when I needed it. 20 out of 20
  • Forgiveness – The hard part of it I only hit maybe 2 bad shots on the course with this thing, both times the ball was well below my feet. These shots did go straight but they lost distance, about 20-30 yards from a high on the club face shots. Straight but short. 18 out of 20
  • Adjustability – No adjustability on this club, a re-shaft or grip change is the only option here.
  • 10 out of 20
  • Pressure – Pressure isn’t the issue, confidence is, lol. I knew that on every tee shot or approach shot, I knew it was either in the middle of the fairway or on the green. I felt no pressure playing with this club. I do not have this type of confidence with my 4 iron. 20-20
  • When you step up to a difficult tee box with something on the line (money, best score, danger on all sides) can you execute the shot you need to put yourself in position? YES, YES, YES this thing is money 195-205 PERIOD…
  • What factors were you pleased with? I was pleased that it does what that Tour Edge Says it can do. Anti-left hybrid. It does what it’s supposed to do.
  • What factors did you find lacking? Again workability was the only thing I felt this club was lacking.

1564644124_2shots.jpg.40f34103456ff6b6e8559d3abbc3f544.jpg

ON-COURSE PERFORMANCE 25 OUT OF 30

fairways.png.399548e337363c4b2c2a6364cddd99eb.png1324028717_fairways2.png.cdce219c4f81cdd745c4bf5325fa1517.png

So since I just got my @Arccos system this test worked perfect. No data on the 4-iron other than knowing what it could do. With that said, I know my 4-iron cannot stand up to these stats. Don’t let these shots that are long, short, left or right cause those shots were usually on the fringe or just shy of the fringe, which is normal for how I play: the chip and 1 putt game. 

greens.png.2e993c3ef634dd8db1bf8ac541892139.png282017673_greens2.png.56d50a1707798ec1eac146e467ff2894.png

Now for off the tee. This thing was a BEAST and the stats say it all here. It did everything I wanted it to do: hit the fairways on short par 4’s with a distance in the range of 225 off the tee. I even used it on holes were I tee’d off with it and then used it in the approach as well.

In my final comments in regards to the performance of the club is this: it’s just a fun club that instilled a lot of confidence when it came out the bag. It did about 90% of what I wanted it to do and did everything the guys at Tour Edge said it would. Would I change anything about this club? No! It’s a performer hands down and that’s a good thing from a product standpoint. Playing with the EXS Pro has opened my mind to the possibilities of other clubs from this company. I will be looking into other options from Tour Edge.

MISCELLANEOUS 9 OUT OF 10

The head cover was the only thing here I didn’t feel I covered in the rest of the review. This thing is like the interior of a Ferrari, sleek and sexy. Great material used and well put together, the trimming and stitching is top quality. The only reason it gets a 9 out of 10 is that fact there is nothing to protect the shaft. Even though this is the current style of head covers, I think they lack in that department (shaft protection) You would think more thought would be put into this by manufacturers with the use of higher quality shafts.

890822824_headcover1_00.jpg.9e8af08d815430c59f7d4c987416a9ef.jpg371615513_headcover2_00.jpg.d6192e0b6ebf88d3e571d653e5c01566.jpg813611877_headcover3_00.jpg.e180ef98fe45d97eb88bc02197917629.jpg

PLAY IT OR TRADE IT????? 18 OUT OF 20

I won’t trade it, but I will pay this club forward to another @MGS member…. This just doesn’t fit the gapping I was hoping that it would. With that being said I have already placed an order for another Tour Edge EXS Pro Hybrid in 19* to replace my current hybrid.

IN CONCLUSION, I would recommend this club to anyone and everyone. This club does everything that the guys at Tour Edge said it would. Looks, feel and performance all rolled into one. I really didn’t find much to rag on. I play a simple style of golf and really don’t try to work my longer clubs L/R that often. If you’re looking to hit fairways and greens in regulation utilizing just a straight shot than this is the club for you.

FINAL SCORE 86.75 OUT OF 100

headcover 2.jpg

Nice review. Over 70% fairways and the only  misses are right? Can’t beat that!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Finished my "official" testing yesterday, full review coming tonight!

Right Handed

WITB thread here

I have not hi5 5he EXS Pro Hybrid, But do have the CBX119 4 Hybrid in my bag.........love it!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder