Krank Formula 11... Too Hot for the USGA

Our Sponsors

Let's be real here, the news is Krank is going to be producing two types heads that exceed COR for USGA and R&A purposes. I'll be intrigued to see how it works, but interesting that they're just coming out and saying it.

There are going to be three heads. Formula 11 Pro, which will be confirming, Formula 11 X and XX which won't be. The difference between X and XX is swing speed, X for guys between 80-105, XX for guys below.

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

Interesting, I guess if you don't play in any tournaments and only play with your buddies on the weekend what does it matter if they meet USGA rules. I know guys who use weird clubs and weird balls to just have a good time because golf is friggin hard. If your not taking it seriously I say have fun with it.

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

I did a Krank golf marketing survey where they were asking specifically about how golfers felt about nonconforming equipment. I guess enough people must have said they would play it outside of tournament conditions (let’s be honest, most golfers never play in a tournament), that they went ahead and made it.

I’m in the camp of whatever makes the game fun is good for the game. With my best drives rolling out to 250 total, id be interested in trying a Krank X. I would have to remove those rounds from my arccos stats to not feel like a fraud, but if it was worth 10 yards or more it could be fun to mess around with.

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

I took the bait and was so intrigued by what they are claiming that I ordered the Krank 11X non conforming driver, it should be on my step waiting for me when I get home today. I don't play tournament golf and honestly unless this thing actually gets me the 20-30 more yards it claims , it will either go back or just get piled on the clubs my sons use. 

I will post some video and clips of the driving range and on course testing I do if anyone is interested.  

• Like 5

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

28 minutes ago, Jbmullin said:

I took the bait and was so intrigued by what they are claiming that I ordered the Krank 11X non conforming driver, it should be on my step waiting for me when I get home today. I don't play tournament golf and honestly unless this thing actually gets me the 20-30 more yards it claims , it will either go back or just get piled on the clubs my sons use. 

I will post some video and clips of the driving range and on course testing I do if anyone is interested.  

JB you are truly a jam up guy. Can't wait to see what it does or doesn't do for you.

• Like 1

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

1 hour ago, Jbmullin said:

Thanks for taking the chance to give it a go.  Looking forward in seeing your results!

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

interesting .. I would use it 

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:cobra-small: F8 Single Length Irons 5-GW OBAN CT-100 shafts 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

Krank driver unboxing

It’s a 9 degree head with Fujikura light tour shaft. Love the head cover. The loft sleeve is a bit different. Had to watch a video to know how to set it up.
IMG_3111.JPGIMG_3110.JPGIMG_3112.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Rescue/Hybrid -  

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Well ... as might have been expected.. it feels more like snake oil than anything. I did not gain 20-30 yards with the illegal driver.. I lost yards from what I have been getting with my sim driver. My best two I think we’re the back to back 237 yards and they came after I adjusted the loft up to 11 degrees and adjusted more draw bias.

. IMG_3122.thumb.JPG.994df3837d5aafda9e1e46f7e72cde24.JPG IMG_3123.thumb.JPG.d9e438a8921c69bb803e7a8828ea2d16.JPG

• Like 2

Rescue/Hybrid -  

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

damn I had some hope 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

It felt awful and sounded worse. I was concerned when I was fit over the phone about the lite shaft, they offered to send me a stiffer shaft if needed so I’m reaching out asking them to swap it out.

• Like 2

Rescue/Hybrid -  

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

26 minutes ago, Jbmullin said:

It felt awful and sounded worse. I was concerned when I was fit over the phone about the lite shaft, they offered to send me a stiffer shaft if needed so I’m reaching out asking them to swap it out.

yeah thats good but I mean if it doesn't sound good nothing you can really do about that 

Perhaps if you paired the illegal ...ehem - non-conforming driver with an illegal .. nonconforming ball like a Condor, Bandit, Polara you'd get those extra yards. Maybe more!! If that doesn't work send it in and have the face shaved and put some vaseline on it. Finally... if after all that and you're still not driving greens; just move up a tee or three. 🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

After feeling ignored for the last few days by Krank customer service I finally got a reply and they are sending me a stiff shaft to replace the wet noodle senior flex they sent me.

• Like 2

Rescue/Hybrid -  

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

• 2 months later...
On 7/22/2020 at 12:04 AM, Jbmullin said:

After feeling ignored for the last few days by Krank customer service I finally got a reply and they are sending me a stiff shaft to replace the wet noodle senior flex they sent me.

Any news with or since the new shaft?

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 11:53 AM, Jbmullin said:

Well ... as might have been expected.. it feels more like snake oil than anything. I did not gain 20-30 yards with the illegal driver.. I lost yards from what I have been getting with my sim driver. My best two I think we’re the back to back 237 yards and they came after I adjusted the loft up to 11 degrees and adjusted more draw bias.

. IMG_3122.thumb.JPG.994df3837d5aafda9e1e46f7e72cde24.JPG IMG_3123.thumb.JPG.d9e438a8921c69bb803e7a8828ea2d16.JPG

Hope you tried again on another launch monitor because there is no way you got exact 1.4 smash for all of those swing and with a non conforming driver the smash should be above 1.5.

3 minutes ago, Jczero said:

Hope you tried again on another launch monitor because there is no way you got exact 1.4 smash for all of those swing and with a non conforming driver the smash should be above 1.5.

GC2 only records ball speed and calculates swing speed based off of that and sets all shots hit as the same smash.

My bag is a revolving door!