TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

1. 10.4 Handicap, Troy MI
  2. Adams CMB, 175 yards
  3. I know they are direct to consumer with a reputation of exceptional customer service. I know they are based out of Chicago, but yet still humble. Finally, I know the clubs they build look good and have a strong following among the blogging community.

It would be a pleasure to sample their offering. Thank you for the opportunity.

Best,

WR

WITB 2019

Driver - [NEW] Mizuno ST190, Atmos Black 6x, adjusted to 8.5 degrees

3 Wood - Callaway Alpha 816, Graphite Design AD-DI 7x - 15 degrees

Hybrid - Callaway XR OS, Graphite Design AD-DI 7x - 18 degrees

Irons - Adams CMB, KBS C-Taper - 4 iron - GW

Wedges - Scratch, KBS C-Taper - 53, 58

Putter - Taylormade TP Ardmore Red Limited Edition - 34 inches 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

On 7/15/2020 at 2:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

5.3 Tulsa, OK.

Callaway Apex irons

8 iron carry 135-140

I have seen articles in Golf Digest and on line in the last 12 mths. DTC club maker. I love the thinner top line look but outside of blades, I have not found a very forgiving club that has that combination. The Hogan Icons look promising and maybe these also are the ticket? I like black clubs. 

Cart :Clicgear: model 8 with Alphard E Wheels

All clubs standard length/lie

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST  8.5 Alta 55 stiff

3 wood: :ping-small: G400 13.5 Alta 65 stiff

3 hybrid: :ping-small: G400 19 Alta 70 stiff

Irons 4-GW: :callaway-small: Apex UST Recoil 65 stiff 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Apex pw 45.7, gw 50.11  :titelist-small: Vokey SM 6’s sw 56.8, lob 62.8)

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works Red Versa #7S slant neck

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS and E12 Speed

20.1 - Sioux Falls, SD 

PING G410 Irons - 165 yd 8 Iron 

I honestly know very little about Sub70.  Looks like they make a nice looking club though.

Taylormade Aeroburners - Regular Flex Taylormade M2 - 9.5 - Regular Flex Right Handed Sioux Falls, SD 16 Handicap

1.  While I have not tracked an "official" handicap this year - I am currently trending fairly low (a total of 3 shots over par in my last 6 rounds) which is only .5 over par per round here in South Bend, Indiana.

2.  My Current irons are Callaway Apex (2016) and I hit an 8-iron 150-165 depending on what is needed.

3.  Until 5 minutes ago I had not heard of Sub 70... but find it intriguing now that I have!

1. 4.8 Index, Ave Maria FL
  2. Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal - 8i Distance 140yrds
  3. Didn't know much about SUB-70 until your club tests. Like the DTC model and 60 day playing gaurantee. Clubhead shape is very appealing. I'm ready to take on some players irons. Would welcome the opportunity to put these to the test.

In my bag:

Driver:     Cobra - F7 S

Fairway:  Callaway XHot 3W Speeder 565 White R

Hybrids:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 & 4  Speeder 565 White R

Irons:       Mizuno  JPX900 Hot Metal  4-AW 

Putter:     Odyssey O‘Works Red 2 Ball

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX-3 56 & 60  +1

Grips:      Golf Pride Midsize

1. 13 - Santa Barbara, CA
  2. Wilson FG tour v4 8-iron (152)
  3. I don't know s*** about Sub 70 but I'm googling them now. 

Titleist 917 8.5* Aldila Rogue
Callaway X2 Hot 3W Aldila Tour Green-S 75g
Callaway XR 3H 19* Project X-S
Wilson V4 FG Tour Forged KBS Tour Stiff
Callaway MD3 52-10 True Temper Dynamic Gold Steel S Grind

Callaway MD3 56-10 True Temper Dynamic Gold Steel S Grind
Callaway MD3 60-09 True Temper Dynamic Gold Steel S Grind

Odyssey O-Works Red 7S 35"

1. 10 HC London, KY

2. Srixon z785

8 iron 145

3. I have the driving iron and it is a beast. I have followed the companies story on social media and bought the club after the CEO posted on Twitter that he had it pre owned. Great service and club.

18 handicap near Chicago, Illinois

Mizuno MP 54 161 carry

I have heard of the name and that they have some major contention with the bigger OEMs. Would love to put them in play.

4.5 handicap Bossier City, LA

Srixon 565 irons (8 iron 155-160)

What I know about Sub 70 is mostly what I have heard from you guys at MyGolfSpy. They are a DTC company that makes a well proven product but is still trying to break through the name game of popular brands and big store competition. I would love to learn more about their product and have the chance to try their equipment out. 

1.  I am a 7 handicap playing and living in Wisconsin

2.  Currently I play Mizuno MP-18 mmc and my 8 iron goes about 155 yards.  i prefer clubs with a smaller top-line with little offset but i could use some forgiveness so these sub 70 clubs really interest me.

3.  I have heard a lot of buzz about them on instagram and on MYGOLF SPY.  I see great reviews and that they sell clubs at an affrodable price.  The black finish is awesome and i would love to try them.  Great to see an affordable club compete with the big dogs.

Sacramento, CA - 8 handicap 

current gamers - Titleiat 714mb. 8 iron to 155

I’ve been on Sub70’s site quite a bit and have even reached out regarding some of their build options. The DTC market is making inroads and I think the options provided by Sub70 lens it some staying power. Would love an opportunity to give these a test and review 

4 hc, Charleston, SC

Currently playing TM RSi1’s (since release 🙂 ), 8 iron 170 yd carry/175 max

I’ve clicked around on the Sub70 website a few times just to check out what their clubs looked like, but never really entertained the idea of purchasing anything. 

8.5, Frederick MD
Mizuno MP20 HMB. 8 iron=160
Most things I have learned via MyGolfSpy but they're DTC and they make very solid products. I wanted to try them out during my fitting but they are a midwest company so kinda hard to get access being an East coast guy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1. Handicap 9.9, Des Moines, IA

2. Callaway Apex Pro 2019

3. Do not know anything about the company but will provide a very unbiased opinion!

1. 1.5 index Roswell Ga 
  2. Srixon z785, 155 yds.
  3. I know a bit after following them in social media. I appreciate their customer service focus and direct to consumer model. I love the idea of making great equipment more accessible to the general golfing population. Would love to be a tester of the irons and a proponent of the sub 70 model 
  • GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic