TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

Handicap and Location -- USGA Handicap = 15.1*;  Pennsylvania

Current Irons and 8-iron distance -- Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220; 8-iron = 137 yards carry

What do you know about Sub70? -- I know that the company is a DTC manufacturer, and that they make some excellent golf clubs.  They also have gotten rave reviews for their responsiveness and customer service.

* As you can see, my handicap has gone up since I filled-out my profile; time for an update to the profile!

Edited by funkyjudge
added PS

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS220, PX HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.0

4-Wood: Exotics EXS220, Ventus 6S

7-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash, Accra Tour-Z HL 85-S

Hybrids: Exotics EXS220 (19*) and Cobra F8 (22*), stiff Accra Tour-Z hybrid shafts

Irons: Exotics EXS220 (6-iron through PW), KBS TGI Tour 80 (stiff) shafts

Wedges: Vokey SM7 (50-54-58) or Scratch custom wedges (49-54-60)

Putter: Evnroll ER2

Ball: Snell MTBx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

I would be interested  in being a tester. I am a club champion level player with 30+ years of golf repair experience. I currently play Mizuno irons with Nippon 105S shafts. My driver and 3wood are ping G410 LST, Callaway fairway woods and Titleist hybrids. I play what performs.

1. I own a 8 handicap here in Dallas/Ft Worth area, Grand Prairie Texas.

2. I play Mizuno 850 Stiff shafts. My 8 iron target distance is 160.

3. I have reviewed the Sub 70 website and player commentary here on MyGolfSpy, which has started my quest to hit some demo clubs. I have seen the offer for demo clubs but due to circumstances i am unable to take advantage at this time. I have my eye out for anyone that has a set so i can get a firsthand look.

Mizuno 850 Irons

Callaway RZAR 9 degree

Slider 3W,3HI

Scotty Cameron Newport

1. 9 Handicap living in Vinita, Oklahoma.

2. My current irons are Mizuno JPX EZ 4-PW and my 8 carry distance is 145 yards.

3. I heard about sub 70 through My Golf Spys most wanted list. Haven't ever played anything sub 70 but would love to have the opportunity to see how they perform.

I am a 10 handicap living in Philadelphia Pa. 

My current titleist 714’s have carry distance of 165. 

I am a huge fan of the concept of the DTC model, Sub70 has seemed to emerged themselves as a leader in this space not only in pricing and performance but also with high quality unique customer service. I have been interested in updating my irons and a recent club fitting has provided me with an aerotech shaft option that is listed on the Sub70 site. 

1) 5.6 index, Asheville, NC

2) Maltby TS-1 forged irons, Wishon stepless shafts, S flex, soft-stepped, 8i = 145-150 yds

3) I have tested and made my own clubs for decades but with fewer good component companies around and the rise in customizable DTC brands like Sub70 and Hogan, I am very interested to see how these clubs perform.   

1. 2 handicap in Brooksville, FL

2. Ping Anser 8-iron distance 145

3. Admire the company and products

Driver - Titleis 910 D3 8.5*

3Metal - Ping G30 15*

3Hy - Ping G30

4-PW - Ping Anser

Wedgies - Ping Gorge 50* 54* 58*

Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura X5

www.sohilly.com/golf.cfm

1. 0.0 - Monroe, WA
  2. Wilson Staff Model Blades with KBS C-Taper X130s - 154-162 (fade to draw)
  3. I tested their 639MB before they hit the market. Jason and Jay are amazing! Jason already has my specs on file so this would be a beautiful setup to test out and get them more feedback. I will also say that they have one of the best demo programs on the planet as well as (at the time I spoke with them last year) one of the top clubmakers in the world as well. These guys are legit and I would LOVE to test out the 699 Pros as they are on the short list with a few others (Srixon 785, Mizuno JPX 920 Tour,, etc...) to find a home in my bag for 2021.

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot #3 (2002) Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 Grip

:titelist-small: AVX Balls  +  :wilson-small: Exo Bag  +  :footjoy-small: shoes

1. +0.6 and Blaine WA
  2. Cobra King MB/CB, 8 Iron - 165
  3. DTC model company. From the reviews I have seen in numerous forums extremely helpful in their customer service. Products have tested well in MGS Most Wanted.

In my bag:

Driver: :honma: TR20 460 9.5* Vizard TR20 60X

Wood: :mizuno-small: ST200 TS Dimana D+PLUS Limited Edition 70X

Hybrids: :mizuno-small: CLK 19* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX

Irons: :honma: TW 747 Rose Proto 4-PW Modus Tour 120X

Wedges: :honma: TW-W4 52*, 56*, and 60*Modus Tour 125 Wedge 

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

5 Handicap located in San Diego

Apex Pros. 8-iron = 170 yds

I first heard of this brand, like many others, through MyGolfSpy. I know that they, and other like Ben Hogan, are trying to grab market share by keeping prices low via their direct-to-consumer model. Sub70 makes all types of clubs (i.e. woods, irons, wedges, and putters) and has a lineup of models geared towards different ability levels. Through the reviews I've read online, they produce quality clubs that can easily compete with OEMs and should be considered by golfers in the market for new clubs, especially those looking to save a few hundred bucks!

Rocky Hall

1. 11.6, Easley SC
  2. Original TM P790, 1 up, between 145-150
  3. I know they are a Direct order company that offers an economical solution for their clubs with limited marketing. I know they use a static fitting for their irons, and they offer a variety of clubs that are tailored to the players skill set.

C863FD6F-A6FF-4575-AE0B-D47F55C55EE2.jpeg

14 Handicap from St Augustine, FL

Current irons Callaway Rogue hit 8 iron 125

Your review of their product.

Driver Callaway Epic Flash

3 Wood Callaway XR16

5 Wood Callaway XR16

Callaway Epic GGB Heaven wood

4 Hybid Callaway XR16

Callaway Rogue 5 – PW irons

Cleveland Soft

1. Milwaukee, WI area, 8 HCP

2. currently PXG 0311 Gen2 irons
8 iron 162

3. Never heard of them, but always look to support local or the new up and coming company when possible. First and only heard of them from MGS.

1. 8 GHIN living in Mesa,AZ

2. TaylorMade M3 8 iron distance carries 155

3. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Sub70. Been researching their product for about a month and thinking of buying a single iron to try it out since I’m going to move up in clubs. Solid design and good tech. 

TaylorMade M3 irons and mix match everything else. 

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic