TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

1. 7 handicap in Waukee, Iowa 50263
  2. Mizuno MP-18 Irons, 8 iron goes about 150 yards
  3. After reading about them earlier this year on your website I looked into them to potentially buy a hybrid, driving iron, or 5 wood. 
(Driver:  '17 Taylormade M1). ( 3 Wood: TourEdge Exotics E8). (3 Iron: Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi). (4-6 Irons: Mizuno MP18 SC MMC). (7-PW Irons: Mizuno MP18 SC). (Wedges 50*: Cleveland RTX 2.0, 54* 58*: Cleveland RTX 3.0). (Putter: Scotty Cameron GOLO 7)

1. Handicap of 13 living in Washington, DC.

2. Wilson C300 forged, with the 8i going about 135-145yds

3. I really like what Ben Hogan did to revamp such a heritage company, so I think Sub70 is onto something with the direct to consumer business model, but has some additional new kid on the block appeal to it (good talking point on the course). I’ve also heard great things about Jason and his assistance in making sure all his customers are fitted properly for the clubs (which is really impressive in the direct to consumer model). I’ve actually been weighing buying a new wood from Sub70, and testing the irons would probably ultimately make me pull the trigger.

Edited by Ryan G
  1. Handicap and Location - 5.3 handicap / Huntersville, NC
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance - Titleist 718 AP2/T-Mb combo set - 8 iron = 155
  3. What do you know about Sub70? - Was not very familiar with the company until recently.  I had read multiple articles online about their exceptional customer service, crazy low prices compared to the golf giants, and great looking iron profiles.
Edited by ds63789

1) 7.3, Cornelia, Georgia

2) Callaway Apex Pro Black Dot heads with TT X100 Tour shafts.  8 iron carry is 163.

3) I have read fairly extensively on the Sub 70 company through this forum, Sub 70 website and other websites trying to find out as much as possible regarding the company, owners and background.  I have looked into their manufacturing process and locations and have read reviews and listened to podcasts about their entire lineup of irons.  I am intrigued by the DTC aspect of the company as well as their ability to produce, by all accounts, such a high level product with such wonderful value.

1. 15 handicap from Seymour,  CT

2. Srixon z355 irons. 8 iron distance 148. 

3. I have seen some internet marketing on Instagram from sub70. I dig the black coated iron look. Other than that I haven’t actually ever seen a pair in person let alone hit them. 

1.  I am a 12.7 handicap

2.  I have PXG irons, I het an * iron 145 yards

3.  I read about Sub 70 on My Golf Spy and wanted to know more about the clubs

1. Suburbs of Chicago
  2. Dynacraft CB irons with KBS 90 tour shafts, -0.5 inch. 8 iron = 140 yards 
  3. I know they are outside of Chicago. I have looked into their hybrids and am hoping to get there to try them out in person. I am very open to irons that perform but are not a "big" name. (as evidenced by my current irons).

Handicap is about 14 and always looking to improve. My current irons are getting a bit old. I am a firm believer in understanding what works for you and what doesn't and the importance of each component of a club.

1. 4 handicap in Atlanta, GA

2. Ping i500, 8 iron 170

3. Been seeing the brand and clubs online for close to 2 years. I think it was pretty near inception. Love the business model and the reviews I've read on the equipment have been very intriguing. Sub 70 seems to be developing a line of equipment that is competitive in all aspects. 

On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

1. My handicap is 6.5 and I reside in South Glastonbury, CT

2. I currently play Titleist AP1 Irons and my 8-iron distance is 150

3. Sub70 is a factory director company that builds clubs to order for players. 

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback

3W: Cobra F9 Speedback

3H: Ping G30 19 

4H: Ping G30  22 

Irons: Titleist AP1 5-PW, GW

Wedges: Vokey 52 SM8  F-Grind and Vokey 56 SM6 F-Grind

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 8

Ball: Taylor Made TP5x

1. Handicap and Location - 12 - Columbus, OH
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance Srixon Z585 Irons - 155 yards
  3. What do you know about Sub70? - Was not aware of the company till I received this email.  Good looking heads however on the website I did not see topline of club head only sole.  Would love the opportunity to receive a set and provide honest detailed feedback. 

1.  Handicap 2  Lubbock TX

2.  Mizuno Forged Combo MP 4 in 8 Iron  155 Carry

3.  Dont know that much about them besides they are a fairly new company, but products look very good.

Thanks for the opportunity

1. 8 & Leesburg, VA
  2. Titleist T-200 & 145 yards 
  3. Absolutely nothing except what I've learned from MGS 

Thanks for the opportunity! 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:   :titelist-small:  TS2 9.5* UST ATTAS COOOL 

Fairways  :titelist-small: HZRDUS Smoke 13.5*

Driving Iron:  :titelist-small: U500 17* UST V2

Irons  :titelist-small: T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X Catalyst 100cw

Wedges  :vokey-small: SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter  :cameron-small:  Newport  

Ball  :titelist-small: 2020 AVX

+2 Handicap- Chicago, IL

Current Iron Setup: Bridgestone J40 Cavity Back, 8 iron 165.

History with Sub70: Chatted with them a few times about wanting to come check out their facilities and what they have to offer. Always thought their products looked great and wanted to try to game them for a while.

TM M4 8.5 deg 
Ping Anser 15 deg
TM M6 18 deg hybrid
Bridgestone J40 CB 4-PW
Bridgestone B XW-1: 50 deg, 55 deg, 60 deg
Nike Method Converge Mallet

14 Handicap 

Northeast (NH) USA

Hireko(Dynacraft) Acer XV 

8 Iron 130 yards

Driver: Tour Exotics EXS (thanks MGS!).

3 Wood: Hireko Caiman 

Hybrid: 4 5 irons Acer XV  Aldila graphite VL shafts

Irons: 6 - PW Acer XV HT Apollo Acculite 75 

Wedges: Dynacaft CNC milled Apollo Acculite 75

Putter: Tommy Armour Impact 3

1. Currently a 7 in Cincinnati

2. Current 8 iron is MP-18 and I carry it 150

3. I have only read about this on mygolfspy

Edited by TeamPowers
  1. 8hc in Kansas City MO
  2. Titleist 716 CB 155yard 8 iron
  3. Sub70 is a small niche boutique company trying to crack into the big boy department.  Would love to try out a set for sure!
  • GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic