TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

0.1 handicap in Warsaw, IN

Currently play Titleist 718 AP2’s with Project X 6.5 LZ shafts. Stock 8 iron distance is 155. 

I know Sub 70 is a direct to consumer looking to provide quality clubs at a lower price point. I have never played the clubs, but have a friend who just purchased Sub 70 wedges. He loves them and raves about the customer service he has received from the company. 

1. Handicap 7, Pinehurst, NC
  2. Mizuno Mx900, 8 iron 155yds in the North Carolina Heat, 150 yds on avg day, 145 yds in the winter. 
  3. What i know about sub 70 is they are a direct to costumer site, making clubs and having great customer service.

10 handicap in Chicago suburbs

Currently, Ping i20 and 140 distance

I know sub70 is made in Sycamore, IL and would like to try them out.  Since they are local, why not support a local business?

Bill T

From just outside NYC
Handicap is 11

8 iron carry 162-170. Currently playing taylormade p790s (2019)

Ive heard about sub 70 from adds and facebook groups as well as Mygolfspy. Also looked into buying them but havent pulled the trigger based on the fact that i cant hit them anywhere.

2.4, Boston MA

Titlest 718 CB / Cleveland CG1 Black Pearls when feeling confident. 160

Never heard of the company, noticed the partnership with Snell and Im a big Snell fan.  

Hi my name is Jackson Koster.  

1. I live in Redwood Falls MN my current handicap is 8 

2.  Current irons Srixon z785. 8 iron carries 160

3.  I first learned of Jason and Sub 70 a little over a year ago when i was looking at new irons.  I was intruged by the price and quality of sub 70 and love the idea of playing a brand that not as many people know about.  I ultimately decided not go with sub 70 as i have never hit their clubs so it was tough to pull the trigger without actually ever hitting or even seeing a sub 70 club.  Absolutely love the black finish and the look of the 699 pro!  Great work Jason!

Would love the opportunity to review these clubs!  Thanks

1. 13 handicap, Midland, Mi.,  Mark R. Lewis
  2.  Warrior, 150 yards with 8 iron
  3. Only what I have read here. I am an older golfer that needs some help with distance. Would really love a good set of irons to see what I/they can do. 
  1. Handicap and Location -  0.6 handicap / Orlando, FL 
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance  -  Current Irons: Titleist AP2 - 714 Model with 6.0 Project X Shaft / 8 iron distance = 148yds 
  3. What do you know about Sub70? - Not very much known. Have seen previous posts here at MyGolfSpy and checked out your website.  

Thank you! 

Titleist AP2 714 - Std Length 4, 6-PW - 6.0 Rifle Shaft - 1 degree upright

Callaway EPIC 9.0 Subzero - set at 10.0 Draw bias - 6.0 Stiff Flex

Fairway Woods:  Callaway 3W & 5W RazrX Black - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Bobby Jones 21 degree - stiff flex

Wedges: Titleist SM5 - 54 bent to 51 wedge flex; SM5 54 KBS Shaft HiRev2.0 125; SM5 60 wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron - Select Newport 2

Ball: Titleist AVX

Handicap 0.6

1 10 Handicap, Los Angeles CA

2 Mizuno JPX-900 Forged. 8 Iron distance 150Yards

3 I've only seen these irons on mygolfspy, in a couple articles

Thanks!

GP

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback 10.5 ATMOS Blue Stiff

Fairway:Cobra F9 Speedback 3W, 5W ATMOS Blue Stiff

Hybrid: Cobra F9 Speedback 4H ATMOS Black Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 5-GW Project X LZ 5.5   Bent 2* Flat

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 56* - 60* XX Grind Bent 2* Flat

Putter: EVNROLL ER5 35" Gravity Grip

Balls: Taylormade TP5X

1) I'm a +13 golfer, play at royal ashburn in ontario,Canada 

2) my current irons are Adams idea cb3's. My 8 irons is about 150ish

3) sub70 is a  product with solid value never goes out of style.

Edited by BForr
Missed info

I’m a 4 cap in Chapel Hill,NC, recently switched to Cobra Forged TEC irons from Bridgestone J15DF ‘s so the ‘player’s distance’ is exactly where I find myself these days. Just turned 50 and find my swing speed has slowly (pun intended) started to slip and am only getting about 145 out of my 8 iron these days. As far as sub70 goes , I recall looking into them a few months ago but wasn’t shopping at the time and that was about the end of it. I do all my own club work and my specs are far from stock so any set that I’d be given the opportunity to review would be seen from the inside out , reshafted, extended, and most likely the  lies flattened a couple degrees . It would be fun to be given the chance and I definitely enjoy writing as well so I hope to be considered. Thanks again. 

Hey

1. Handicap and Location : current index is 9.6 and I am in the Ann Arbor, MI area
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance : I am playing TaylorMade P790 and hit my 8-iron between 155-165 
  3. What do you know about Sub70? : Not to much other that then the recent articles, i do like the look of the equipment based on your photos.

It would be great to provide you with my opinion on the Sub 70 product. Thanks for continuing to put out a great product  

Rob

TaylorMade P790 BLACK (Dynamic Gold 105 S300)

TaylorMade HiToe wedges (52,56,60)

Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (Paderson Driver KGTP75-D30)

Callaway Rogue Hybrid (ALDILA SYNERGY 60)

TaylorMade M6 3 wood

Scotty Select Fastback

1. 10 handicap, philadelphia

2. Srixon z765 8 iron 180

3. have not heard much about these irons, coming in with a blank slate and no preconceived notions about club performance 

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic