TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

16.5 HI; North Palm Beach, FL

8 iron = 140 yds.

Never heard of Sub70 but welcome opportunity to test and show everyone at club the clubs

Play 100+ rounds per year

Currently have Callaway X@ Hot 4-PW and Callaway Mac Dadd4 S Grind 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges

Member at NPBCC in beautiful Palm Beach County.  Play 100 rounds per year.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

1.6 Handicap living in Rock Hill, SC

Current set - Titleist T100.  8 Iron distance 153 yds

I have been listening to the Sub70 podcast which I find very entertaining and informative.  Interesting company and business model.  It appears they have quality products that look good and perform well according to reviews I have read.  I don't personally know anyone that has Sub70 products currently so I have not seen any of the products first hand.

1. 5 handicap. Allen Park, MI
  2. Callaway Razr X. 145 yards.
  3. I have read positive reviews here and elsewhere online. I have explored their website for specs and pricing. Very impressive.
  1. 4.7 - Saint Paul, MN
  2. Nike VR Pro Blade TW - 168 8 iron 
  3. Very little. I follow them on social media but other than that almost nothing, which would make me a great tester  (no bias)

1. plus 1 handicap in Omaha, NE

2. currently gaming callaway x forged irons, 8 iron distance 165-170. 

3. not a huge knowledge on the sub70 brand. Love looking into clubs of all sorts. 

Andrew Soper

Driver PING G410 9* LST 

3wood- Callaway Mavrik subzero 15*

Mizuno MP-18 Utility Iron 

Callaway Xforged irons 4-pw

MD5 Jaws wedges- 50-54-60

Evnroll Putter 1.2 

Pro V1x Ball

1. I’m a 6 handicap living In in the Washington DC area. 

2. Currently Playing Ben Hogan PTx Pro/ Icon combo set. Current 8 iron distance is about 145

3. I haven’t heard of the company until recently, although I’m still not that familiar with them, other than knowing they are a DTC company. 

1. Handicap is scratch and I’m located in Rochester, NY

2. I play Mizuno MP69 and my 38 degree 8 iron goes 167. 

3. I know nothing about the Sub70 clubs other than they look cool in the pictures. 

On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

1. 17, Baltimore, MD

2. Callaway x-14 irons, 8 iron distance, 155

3. I found them because of the reviews on MyGolfSpy and have also read a bunch of other reviews online. I also ordered demo clubs to test and see what they looked like. The demo clubs were the 639 MB... they were great looking and felt like high quality clubs... I just over estimated how good I was and a near blade club is not for me! I emailed regarding a return label with Jason and he was incredibly responsive. Offered his cell number to call with other questions. I’ve also started following them on Instagram and love their logo!

1: 6 handicap, Amarillo Texas

2: Adams Idea CMB 8iron stock swing 155

3: Never seen in person just on Instagram, did a quick search on google loved the look and customization but couldn’t pull the trigger with out personally hitting them  

1. 14 - West Michigan, MI

2. Mizuno - Hot Metal Pro / 8i = 155yds

3. Not more than I just read in this article.

Edited by Jsmith20

1- 11.3 springfield mo

2- titleist 718 ap1, 8i 145

3- only what I’ve read on MGS

Titleist 718 ap1

1) I'm a 16 handicap living in the Sacramento, Ca Area

2) Currently playing Taylormade M3 Irons with KBS c-Taper 120 stiff shafts and Golfpride Mcc Aline Grips

3) I have heard the name before and seen them on Instagram but otherwise know nothing about this brand except that they are a disrupter and using a different business model then the majors. Intrigued by the look and concept though

Driver: Taylormade M3 9 degree(turned down to 8.75) w/ Stiff Ventus White shaft 

3 Wood: Taylormade Superfast 2.0

3 Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Mid 18 degree KBS Hybrid shaft

Irons: 4-PW Taylormade M3 with KBS C-Taper 120 stiff shafts Std Length and Lie

Wedges: Titlist SM7 50F, 54F, and 58D

Putter: Evnroll ER2B 33.5" with Gravity grip

Right handed, Fair Oaks, Ca 

15 handicap

1. 13.0 living outside Willmar, MN
  2. currently play ping i210's and hit an 8i around 150
  3. My knowledge of sub 70 is that they are a DTC club brand that seem to offer more customization options (shafts) than other DTC's and according to various forums, their owner is very approachable.

Handicap: 18 location: Scottsdale AZ

PING i200 8i distance 170

Not familiar at all with Sub 70. But highly interested in expanding my knowledge and helping to break the stereotypes that big brands are necessary for success 

1. I am a 0 handicap currently living in CT and moving to GA end of August.

2. I currently have been playing the Callaway Apex CF16 and hit my 8 iron 172.

3. I learned about Sub 70 thru Facebook and Instagram. I love the story and love the customer service behind the product. Customer service is everything! I would love the opportunity to test out these irons and provide excellent feedback as I have been in the market to update my clubs!

Handicap - +0.3

Location - Wilton, NY

Current Irons - Mizuno Hot Metal Pro

8 Iron Distance 167

Everything I know about Sub70 I learned on MyGolfSpy

Edited by dkh750

1. Handicap and Location:  0.2 GHIN, Shawnee, KS
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance: Cleveland 588 combo set, 155yrds
  3. What do you know about Sub70? Headquartered in Sycamore, IL, Sub70 is a consumer direct golf manufacturer. Saw a junior golfer (15yrs old) using a set a tourney a couple of weeks ago. They are very sharp looking, high quality, and the kid loved them. I only know what I've read on-line, but I liked what I saw...and putters too!

TM SIM 9 degree

TM SIM Max 14 degree

Mizuno HMB 2i

TM P790 4i

Cleveland 588 combo set 5-PW

Vokey SM8 51, 55 degree

Wilson Staff Hi-Toe 60 degree

Bettinardi BB1 Armageddon putter

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic