TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

My current Handicap is 7.1

I hit my 8 iron 170 yards

I currently know nothing about sub70 clubs.

Turning 47 in a few weeks been playing golf for 32 years. Would love the opportunity to test these irons and provide detailed unbiased feedback to the My Golf Spy followers. 

Sim Max 9 deg Ventus Black Velocore 7s

Sim 15 Evenflow T1100 75 S

BB 815 Alpha 22deg Fujikura 865 x

GAPR Lo 22 SteelFiber Stiff

CF16 combo CTAPER 120. 1deg weak, 1 flat

Vokey SM7 52,56,60 

Odyssey stroke lab putter (this week)

1. Handicap and Location.          17.4.          The Jersey Shore.      Manasquan, NJ
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance.             Ping g700.                  130
  3. What do you know about Sub70?              Bespoke golf equip company...direct to consumer approach

thanks...love to be a tester!

Mike Zapicchi

HDCP index 10.7  Georgetown, TX 78633

PXG 0311 SGI 138 yds w/8 iron

I know little about the Sub 70 irons.  It would be interesting to compare PXG to Sub 70's..

1. I am a 9 handicap from Tallahassee fl and have been looking to upgrade my 15 year Callaway irons.

2. I have become very intrigued by sub 70 clubs and would love to test them for you.

My handicap index is currently 2.9 and I live in Ocala, Florida. I generally play 2-3 times per week! 12 months a year.

My current irons are Callaway Steelhead XR-Pro, 4-PW, TT XP 105 stiff. I hit my 8 iron 150 yards.

I know a little about Sub 70 because I have been to their website several times to look at their clubs. I have thought about using their demo program, but not pulled the trigger. I know that they are a direct to consumer company, started by a guy that started playing golf as a young boy, and they are in Illinois. I know they have a nice demo program and have a 60 day 100% satisfaction guarantee, which is unheard of in the golf business. 

Handicap 9.7 in Denver CO

Distance with 8 iron 150+.  I currently play Callaway Rogue irons.

I know Sub 70 is DTC. They have a great reputation for outstanding customer service. I am intrigued by their products and was considering one of their hybrids. 

1. Handicap and Location                      3 Handicap Sacramento CA
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance    Taylormade M2 Irons 8 iron  160 -165 Yards
  3. What do you know about Sub70?       I have seen pictures on Reddit Golf about these clubs.

1: 2.8 in Atlanta, GA

2. Titleist 714 CB - 8 iron distance 175

3. I don’t know much about them but I do know they are direct to consumer with a whopping difference in price comparison to the big name brands you typically see in a golfers bag. I am kinda surprised that there has not yet been a big burst in the DTC club space as we have also seen in the DTC for balls such as Snell, Vice, ETC. I am also into mountain biking where the DTC model has been very successful with the option to offer people such a lower price point, which is part of the reason I’m surprised a golf company has not yet perfected this model. With Sub 70 offering these much lower prices it is great for the game as it prevents as high of a barrier to entry to people who may not have the money to afford a $1200 set of titleist or $2000 set of PXG. I would love to get my hands on these Irons and focus on how they look, feel, and also what the workability and forgiveness of the irons is like in comparison to my titleist which cost Nearly $1000 more. 

12 Handicap from Chicago, IL

I play Titleist 712 AP1's, my 8-iron goes 145-155 typically. 

I know next to nothing about Sub70 other than its local to the Chicago area, love supporting the local small businesses. Even if I don't get selected let's play Ruffled Feathers together

9 handicap Walnut Creek ca 

TaylorMade p790’s. 8=165

I know they make custom clubs and really care about there costumer. My buddy got some and the ceo called them about his specs. Really cool up and coming brand that I would love to give a thorough review of. 

1. 9.1 in Alexandria, KY just outside of Cincinnati, OH
  2. Mizuno MP-59. 165 yds.
  3. I know they are a relatively new manufacturer that, from the reviews I've read, are very competitive to the bigger competitors. Their clubs look amazing and I'd love to actually try them out and see how they compare to the Mizuno, Taylormade, Titleist offerings I've played in the past.
  1. 12 Hadicap Saugus, California 
  2. Cobra Amp, 140 yards
  3. What do you know about Sub70? I know they are a direct to customer brand that has the best customer service. They take pride in their work. They want to make golf more accessible to everybody. They make great golf equipment that will allow you to play more golf. They also have a great social media presence. I have never read a bad review or heard one bad thing about them.  When the time comes to get new irons I am giving Sub70 my business. I would love to test the 699 pro irons. 
On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

1. 18.3 Handicap. Nassau County, New York. 

2. Titleist Ap1 714-- 162yds carry

3. Hand assembled/built and factory-direct to consumer model. Clubs are milled and hand-ground to spec. Loyal community of followers with a demo program! An appearance in 2019 MGS Most wanted. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons : Wilson D7 Forged 4-P

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line

AKA the #FourPuttPrince. 👑

1. I am a 9.5 handicap currently residing in Minneapolis, MN. 

2. My current irons are Callaway Apex CF19’s. I hit my 8 iron 160 yards. 

3. I have heard of Sub70 after hearing about them on Reddit where it seems they have developed a bit of a cult following. I am interested to see how they play. 

Edited by Hobhit
  1. Handicap and Location - GHIN 4.6; Los Angeles CA
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance - Srixon Z785 Forged, New Level 623 M forged and PXG 0311T Gen 3.  Keep a bag at each club.  160 yards on full tilt.
  3. What do you know about Sub70? - Know quite a bit and actually almost ordered their blades but ended up getting the New Level irons because of a connection with Eric Burch.  I actually even emailed the owner of sub 70 Jason Hilard.

Would love to test them and have both a flight track setup at home and at my course to get real data and full access to both Matt and grass ranges!

1. Handicap and Location?  +2, Fort Huachuca, AZ
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance?  Titleist 716 AP2 with Project X 6.5.  8 iron is my 170y club
  3. What do you know about Sub70?  I know that it is a direct to consumer club manufacturer.

Handicap 10

Located in Anamosa, Iowa.  

Currently playing Cleveland TA6's and looking for an upgrade/update soon.

8 iron distance 140. 

Have not ever heard of Sub70 but they look fantastic. 

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic