TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

10/Edgewood, Ky

PXG 0211/8 iron 155

Have gone to their website and read about the company but have been scared to pull the trigger and the reviews have been great. Do they just do over the phone fittings?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

1. 0 and located in Weeki Wachee FL.
  2. TaylorMade MB's 8 iron distance 155yds
  3. I know nothing about Sub 70.....

I have been looking to replace my current irons but I've found nothing that is as good...

1. No Official handicap (I have shot between 80 and 95 the last 20 rounds in SW FL - mostly mid to high 80s).

2. Adams IDEA MB2 Raw Finish 3 - PW Standard Loft & Lie. Cleveland 54, 60 Wedges. 8 iron distance: 160 - 170

3. Not much. I know they are Direct to Consumer - read good things. They seem to be able to produce great irons for 1/2 the price.

Jeff Woody

Lubbock Texas

hdcp 5.97

currently play cobra forged tec.  

8 iron carry 160

I have heard about these irons on the podcast and I am intrigued. 

1. 4 HDCP New Bern, NC
  2. Ping i210 and 8-iron distance is 165 yds
  3. I know that they have created a huge buzz with DTC clubs and the reviews for them have been great.  I have visited their website many times and would love the opportunity to test these irons.  Sub 70 seems to be a company that cherishes the concept of customer service.  Any time you can call and talk to the CEO by chance shows that Sub 70 is about the consumer.

Hit'em straight and not too often!!!

Handicap = 15

Raleigh NC

8 iron = 165 yds with Callaway Steelhead XR

I have never heard of sub 70 until this thread

1. Handicap 12, Richmond VA

2. Ping S55 black dot irons, 8 iron 180yds

3. I’ve seen some Sub70 equipment through some Instagram outlets, but I don’t know anything about them. 

1. Handicap and Location - 2.9; Los Angeles, CA
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance - Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons (X-Stiff); stock 8-iron: 170 yds
  3. What do you know about Sub70?  I've watched DTC models for golf balls really blow up, and excited to see this business model translate to clubs!  I've almost always played Callaway or TaylorMade clubs but recognize that I'm paying a HUGE price tag for the brand (rather than the technology/quality).  I'm very curious to see how these hold up compared to the other irons and whether DTC can earn my trust to put them in the bag!

Note: I have a sim to provide (and compare) spin/carry numbers

16 Handicap 

Adams CB2 pro Black 8-iron 150

My dad has a set he just got and really enjoys them. I have never owned a brand new set of irons. I’ve always played hand-me-downs. All I know is the company is direct to consumer and did really well on the iron testing recently. 

Hdc: 10 Phoenix, AZ

8i: 155 Nike Vrii Pro

Sub70 is an upcoming direct to consumer golf club builder who does not have any prebuilt clubs. They build your spec and offer a 60 MBG as well as a demo program to try them out.

Phoenix, AZ

Driver:

Callaway Epic SZ 10 Degree w/ UST Proforce V2 Tipped 1/2" Stiff

Fairway

Nike Vapor Flex 3 Wood 15 w/Diamana Blue 70gram S

Irons:

TM UDI 2i, 4,5 Nike VP 6-PW Nike VRII Pro 

Wedges:

Kyoei Forged 52, 56, 60

Putter:  

Kana Studio Proto Blade

Dexterity:

Right-Handed

On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

Handicap 4, current irons Bridgestone forged jgr, 8 iron distance 142 to 153. I know almost nothing about sub70. I would require a lightweight steel shaft in stiff for proper testing. Have gamed Zelos8 stiff for 6 years.

65 years young and I play more than 100 rounds per year

Merritt Island Fl 32953

Current handicap +.7

Driver and 3 wood Tour Exotics EXS stiff shaft

Hybrid TaylorMade burner stiff shaft

Irons 4 through GW  Wilson C300 regular shaft

56 degree wedge TaylorMade  %8 degree wedge Vokey

Putter Rife 2 bar center shafted

Average 7 iron fly distance 160 yds.

On 7/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

1. 7.5 and Livonia, MI
  2. Taylormade rocketballz and 160.
  3. Not an a lot. I know they market themselves a bit more like Snell, no fancy advertising or marketing, just quality products sold at a solid price. I've told myself this coming off season is the time I finally upgrade my irons and I have been seeing the brand popup when looking around the internet. They've got my interest a bit since they are a bit more cost friendly and they look very nice.

Hi,

1.  2.1 Index; Charlotte, NC

2.  Ping G35, 1 degree upright, 1 1/4 long;  8 iron = 165-170

3.  No familiarity with Sub70

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic