TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

On 7/15/2020 at 2:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

3.5, northern california

pxg, 155

heard about them through golf spy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

information:

1. Handicap and Location. 10 and mountain top pa
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance. I500. 155
  3. What do you know about Sub70?  I know they make great stuff at valued prices. Learned a lot about them from the Golficity army. 

Very quality company and product 

4.8 handicap 

Ping Iblades

Ping Iblades

Ping 3H hybrid 

TaylorMade M6 Driver and 3 wood

Envroll Putter

1. 10 handicap/Salt Lake City, UT
  2. Callaway X-24 Hot and 8-iron distance 160 Yards
  3. Sub70 is a DTC golf company that produces high quality golf clubs. I have viewed many of their clubs previously before this opportunity. The only thing holding me back from trying them is just performance based worry. 

hcp- 8,  Texas

Current irons- Mizuno MP 20 mmc, w/ kbs 120 stiff, 8 iron- 155-160

I know what mygolfspy has informed me of, that sub 70 is a Direct to consumer company, I love the looks of the clubs and I am pumped to get to review them.

12 handicap, Mizuno MP18 MMC, 8 iron 145 yards.

Las Vegas, NV. 
I have followed their Instagram account for a little while and am impressed by the products. I am interested in supporting DTC brands because of the quality of craftsmanship and value.  

I’m an 8 handicap from Southern East Texas.  

I currently use Hogan PTX irons 4-PW. 8 iron carries 160

I heard of Sub70 and like their process. I’m a iron junky and am always looking to try a great product. It’s rediculous what the big companies are up charging these days. 

Taylormade M4 driver

Ping G400 3 wood

Hogan PTX 4-PW

Ping Glide 50, 54, 60, B60 putter

1. Handicap and Location:  23 Las Vegas
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance:  Wishon 969w /G-Tech shafts/Winn Midsize    120 yards
  3. What do you know about Sub70?:  Very small company that builds clubs that folks (like us retirees) can afford yet performs well compared to the industry giants.

Retired Engineer & Club Builder

8.7 Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Callaway Apex CF16  8i 150

See that Sub70 is a company making its mark as a DTC company.  Their customer service is said to a great asset.  When contacting them you go straight to the top of the management chain.  Continue to consider them for a test drive while I ponder updating my current irons.

1) Las Vegas, NV HCP = 20

2) Ping S57, 8i = 165yd

3) I only know what I've heard from the No Putts Given pod.

Handicap: 7 Location: Bentonville , AR

Current irons: Taylormade M6

8 iron distance: 145-155

I only know what I read in your article about Sub70.

Edited by Omar82888

1.  13 Handicap - Sioux Falls, South Dakota living the GreatLife 

2. iBlades with 162 carry with the 8 iron

3. Only that the guys on the GCT Discussion  Facebook group seem to really like them.  The wedges are popular there and look good in pictures  

Hello all and happy Friday!

1. Handicap and Location - 7.4 West Des Moines Iowa (a mere 293 miles from Sub 70 Global HQ)
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance - MacGregor VIP 1025CB Carry distance for 8-iron about 135. Need more yards but really want a players look. Seems like a fit
  3. What do you know about Sub70? - First learned of them thru MGS then started reading up.  Have exchanged several messages with them since learning they were based in my Dad's hometown of Sycamore.  Hoping to stop in for a tour on my next trip to Chicago. Nice variety of clubs across sill levels.   I also now know of their commitment to great customer service and great value for the golf community.  I've been frustrated by the big Mfr pricing on clubs that helps keeps golf out of reach for so many.  Would love to give them a try and report back to the community and also see my index drop as the yardage goes up!

Happy to make a quick run over for an in person fitting and or to watch the build. 

Cheers!  

:cobra-small: F9 9* Atmos Tour Spec Black 6s 45"

:nickent-small:  17* and 20* Hybrids Aldila NVS

:macgregor-small:  VIP V-foil 1025c 4-P True Temper 120g ProPel Lite 2* flat, 1* strong

:cleveland-small:  CG10 52* (bent 50*) and 56 (bent 55*)

:mizuno-small:   MpTseries 60* Raw Haze

:ping-small:   Faith Wack-E 32"

:taylormade-small:TP5 ball

:titelist-small: Stand bag

1.  Handicap is about 18 (never kept a true handicap) and Live in Boulder, CO with a lot of time spent in Chicago, IL

2.  I use Srixon Z785 with Recoil 780 Smacwrap F4 shafts.  Also, unique in that I require +1.25 in length and 2.5-degrees upright in lie.

3.  Just heard them mentioned the other day at TXG and looked into them that day.  Otherwise, I don't know much about them.

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic