TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

Syracuse, NY

Mizuno 900tour

Only heard the name a few times from forums and reviews so i dont know too much about the company but wouod like to find out more and test some products.

3 hc 8 iron 155. Currently playing the mizuno jpx 900 tour irons. Would love to give these clubs a try. I love my irons but I would like to try this brand, they look great and a players iron would be perfect to try.

1) 19 Handicap. Fresno, CA

2) Callaway X-18, 8 iron 145-160

3) I don't know much just started doing some research after reading this post. Sounds like great customer service and all the reviews have been excellent. 

1.  16,  New Jersey USA

2.  Mizuno JPX 825 Pro forged, and/or Lynx Black Cat,  145 carry 8i for both sets.  

3.  Not much, but from the web site they appear to have a good business model.  The online fitting went as expected.  The demo program looks neat.   Once I picked good shafts and grips, the prices jumped considerably, but that's to be expected with customizable ordering.  The 699 pros are a type of club I'd love to try more of. I do love the feel of the poly filled hollow heads on my Black Cats and would love to compare the two. 

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😢

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s

:cobra-small:  AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R

:cobra-small:  King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 5-PW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:            Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:  Caddie for tracking.     

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-X / RX balls

2019: Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Tested Lynx Black Cat 5-PW  

2020: Testing SkyCaddie LX5 Watch 🙂

1. Handicap index is 2.6. Location is Philadelphia, PA. NOTE I AM A LEFTY.
  2. Current Irons
    • 3 iron: Titleist T-MB
    • 4 - 6 iron: Titleist CB 712
    • 7 iron - PW: Titleist MB 712
  3. What do you know about Sub70?
    • Sub70 is a new direct to consumer brand, offering premium quality clubs for lower prices than the big guys. I see them all over social media, delivering handwritten letters with each club order. They were listed on the latest Golf Digest Hot List, rated pretty well, which is great for their new brand. I would be very excited to try out their stuff.

1) 13 handicap in San francisco

2) callaway rogue pro cf19

8-iron 155 yards

3) I’m familiar with sub 70 as a company that is selling forged irons at an extremely competitive price. I work at a 9 hole par 3 course 100-200 yds, most of the holes are between 145-185. We do 45,000 per year, with the pga championship this year we’ll probably do closer to 70k. Would love to get these in other peoples hands to show they don’t need to shell out their life savings for a nice set of forged irons

10 hcp   Cave Creek, AZ

Currently playing Callaway XR Pro irons

8 iron around 150

I don’t know much about the company. Other than reading your reviews and some of the testing data. I am in the market for a new set of clubs, so I will be researching Sub 70. 

Rock

1. Im a 12 handicap living in Charleston, SC

2.  I currently game 2013 Adams XTD forged and my stock 8 iron goes 155 yards in good conditions. 

3. Ive been told by plenty of people that sub 70 makes wedges whose performance is comparable to the MG wedges and vokeys. 

1. Handicap and Location

13, Visalia Country Club

1. Current Irons and 8-iron distance

Taylor made max os, 145 yards

1. What do you know about Sub70?

Nada, nothing, zip

CRIDD

Hdcp ~5 - Southern California
Titleist 716 AP1 8i: 160
Heard nothing but good things. Direct to consumer clubs with some customization available. What's not to like?

Taylormade SIM Driver

Titleist 915 3 wood

Taylormade M1 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW

Mizuno T20 50/55/60

Toulon Las Vegas

Taylormade TP5x

📸https://www.instagram.com/samej_g/

1. 6.3 handicap located in Austin, Texas
  2. Ping i210 irons with KBS  - 168 yard 8 iron average
  3. Started following Sub70 when introduced by MGS.  Have great interest in boutique entrepreneurs that create great equipment of which Sub70 appears at the top of the list.  I appreciate not paying for endorsements and extreme advertising when I buy equipment.  Sub70 appears focused on equipment performance and aligns with how I buy and promote golf equipment.  Finish on Sub70 is preferred color.

WITB: Ping i210 KBS Graphite100

Ping Glide 3.0 54-56-60 KBS Tour Stiff

Driver Ping 400 MAX Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

3-Wood Tour Edge EXS Pro 15-degree Tensi Orange S flex

Hybrid Tour Edge EXS Pro 19-degree Tensi Silver S flex

Hybrid Tour Edge EXS 22-degree Tensi Blue S flex

Putter - Evnroll ER5B

1. 1 handicap in Medford Lakes, NJ

2. Titleist 718 AP2 - 165 yards carry with 8 iron.

3. I don’t know anything about Sub 70. Love the finish and interested in some additional distance.

1. handi: 13 location: San Diego, CA

2. curent irons: pxg 0311p  gen3

distance 8i: 155 yds

3. One of very few Direct to consumer golf club company

Edited by Jkay

PXG 0311P Gen3 125g Stiff NS Pro (4i - Gap)

PXG 0211X Gen2 Hzrdus Smoke Yellow Stiff 60g

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (2019) blade

Cleveland CBX2 wedges 54, 58

Ping G400 3 hybrid stiff

Tom Hind

1.  6.1 Hcap, Long Island, NY - 5 minutes from Bethpage Black

2.  P790 irons, 8 iron - 159

3.  small, passionate golf company founded by golf junkies.  looking to provide quality products that aren't "mass produced"  more of a bespoke quality to them and that's nice!

Hdcp: 7.4 . Vancouver, WA

Titleist T100s, 8i = 153

I've been reading a lot of buzz about the Sub70 irons. Performance is paramount but many manufactures just adjust lofts, I know my  current 8i is really my old MP-32 7i loft but others just think they are hitting the new clubs farther because of technology. I Just wish I could get my hands on their irons to test out and see what head and shaft work for my swing. 

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic