Our Sponsors

1. Handicap and Location

handi: 13 location: San Diego, CA

1. Current Irons and 8-iron distance

curent irons: pxg 0311p  gen3

distance 8i: 155 yds

1. What do you know about Sub70?

One of very few Direct to consumer golf club company

PXG 0311P Gen3 125g Stiff NS Pro (4i - Gap)

PXG 0211X Gen2 Hzrdus Smoke Yellow Stiff 60g

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (2019) blade

Cleveland CBX2 wedges 54, 58

Ping G400 3 hybrid stiff

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

1. Currently a 4.3. Pittsburgh, PA
  2. Adams MB2- Stock 8 iron is around 145
  3. I have just started digging into them the last few months, because of more time. First thoughts is they are gorgeous. Especially the 699 Pro. 

Thanks for the opportunity. I will happily review these head to head with my irons. Might even give them a run in the World Am this year. 

Edited by xerpro

1. 7.5 St. Louis, MO

2. Apex Pro '19 - 162 yards

3. Not much.  

Epic Flash 10.5 w/ Hazrdus Yellow X 

Epic Flash 3W w/ Tensei Blue

Apex '19 3 Hybrid

Apex Pro irons w/ TT Tour Elevate Steel

Vokey 51, 55

PM Grind 60

On 7/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

1. Handicap...18

2. Calloway X 18. 8 iron goes 150

3. Never heard of until today. But they look fantastic

26 WA state

'09 TM Burner

8i 120 yds

I heard about sub 70 on a "no putts given" episode. I checked out mgs review and searched YouTube for other data and reviews. I have visited their website. 

Edited by Randy13
Additional data

Randy,

TM M1 driver, TM Burner 3w, 5w

TM ‘09 Burner irons (4-AW), Cleveland RTX SW,LW

1. Handicap and Location

handi: 13 location: San Diego, CA

1. Current Irons and 8-iron distance

curent irons: pxg 0311p  gen3

distance 8i: 155 yds

1. What do you know about Sub70?

One of very few Direct to consumer golf club company

PXG 0311P Gen3 125g Stiff NS Pro (4i - Gap)

PXG 0211X Gen2 Hzrdus Smoke Yellow Stiff 60g

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (2019) blade

Cleveland CBX2 wedges 54, 58

Ping G400 3 hybrid stiff

1. I’m a 2.3 handicap from Milwaukee, WI

2. I play my 8-iron 180 and have Taylormade P790’s. 

3. I have only seen a few things from Sub70. They seem like a great up and coming company. I prefer to play blades because of the workability of the irons. These irons seem like they’d be a great set to work on moving the ball left and right, as well as launch angle and spin control. 

1. Handicap 4. Austin Tx
  2. Current Irons at Titleist 718 AP2. 8 iron: 150 yards
  3. What do you know about Sub70? I follow them on twitter and subscribe to their podcast.  They’re a high quality, customer service friendly direct to customer small company.  

9.1 - Lemoore, CA

Mizuno MP-20 MMC  150 yards

i really haven’t heard much about these irons which would make this a great testing experience for me by having an uninformed opinion before hand. 

1. 6 handicap.  61 year old retiree in Nebraska

2.  Purchased ping i 500 irons in the last month after a thorough fitting and evaluation process with our local pro at Pete Dye home course.  Switched to these from six year old AP2 irons

3. Respectfully, I’ve never heard of these irons but would be willing to give them a complete test with frequent use on the course with detailed feedback.  I enjoy trying different things.

J295

Currently, I'm a 7.7 GHIS. I reside in Bloomfield Hills 1/2 mile from Oakland Hills!

My 8i distance 145-155

I didn't know anything about the Sub70 prior to reading this. I'm currently playing TM ME with a composite shaft. I struggled with Calloway Apex 16 forged irons for a while.. prior to that were Mizuno JPXs which I liked and still have.

8.6 Hdcp index

North Canton, OH

currently play Ping G irons, 8 iron distance: 170

All I know about Sub 70 is that they are DTC.

1.  Handicap 12.4

2.  Current irons Taylor made speed blades with xstiff Nippon modus shafts.  8 iron goes 155

3.   Buddy of mine got the 699 and loves them. He had a first class experience getting the clubs and loves them.  I'm looking for new irons and I play the Snell mtb balls, so I like the manufacturer to consumer model.  

1. 2.9 and Columbus Ohio
  2. Callaway X-Forged 2018 and 8-iron distance 181yds
  3. What do you know about Sub70? Lower cost, direct to consumer option that is competing with upper mid tier clubs.

1. I am a 8.3 handicap 

2. the irons I play are the Srixon 745 and my 8 iron goes about 160-165

3. I have seen a little more of them in the last few months, I dont know much about them other than what I have seen online from people. I know they offer a try it before you buy it program for like 20 bucks. I always love to support DTC companies.

1. 3.7 Index - Atlanta Athletic Club, Atlanta, GA
  2. Ping i210 4-U irons, Blue Dot, Standard loft/length, Glide 2.0 Stealth 56 and 60 degree wedges - 8i distance = 165 yards
  3. I know nothing about these irons and intrigued by your article and review of the clubs

I am a 3.7 Index playing out of the Atlanta Athletic club. I can utilize our Trackman systems and video recordings to compare practice results. I also have Arccos tabs on my irons and can add that to these clubs for comparative analysis. With Bryson's recurring success and research into Hogan and Jones, I want to investigate a single length club methodology. Sub70 may be a good consideration to test the single length model and compare with my current Ping irons.

Ping 410 Driver 9 degree
410 3-W, i500 2i, 3i, i2010 4-W,U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth, 52, 60
Ping Vault Dale 2.0 Stealth Putter

On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

1: 4.7 handicap. Tallahassee, Florida 

2: irons are ping i210 and 8i goes 165

3: I don’t know much. However, one of my friends did tell me to look at them, I just got fit by a ping guy. I’ve heard the quality of them is amazing especially for the price. 

M6 driver

M4 3wood

S36 3i

i210 4-pw

sm6 50°, 54°, 58°

Ping zing Redwood putter

Any ball (mostly pro V1)

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic