Driver-Callaway Mavrik

3 Wood- Titliest  

Hybrid- Titliest

irons- mizuno hot metal pro 4-GW

Vokey wedges -50, 54, 58

odyssey triple track or Taylor made spider depending on the day 🤷🏼‍♂️

1. 9.1 and Philadelphia, PA
  2. Bridgestone J15 DPF irons - 8 iron goes about 155 yards
  3. I did a bit of research and almost bought one of their hybrids (still may). I recently did a full bag fitting at Club Champion and I stupidly didn't ask to try out the Sub70. They did fit me into the Callaway Mavrik Pro. I know the 699 irons are a little weaker than the Mavrik Pro (which is a plus for me - that's something that turned me off to the Mavrik). I know they are D2C, that they are high quality (from what I've read) and that those that play them generally like them. 

GL everyone!

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Driver with KBS TD Shaft

:srixon-small: ZF85 3 wood with Raijin Shaft and :benhogan-small: Baffy 5w with Harrison Rifle (old school!) Shaft

Hybrid: searching

:callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 4-PW Irons with TrueTemper DG S300 Shafts with :Arccos: 

:edel-golf-1: Custom Wedges - 48*, 53*, 58* with KBS V Shafts

:seemore-small: Platinum mTRI-Mallet

:bridgestone-small: 2020 Tour BX or B Ball

:cobra-small: Golf Ultralight Bag

1. 13 handicap west palm beach, FL

2. Mizuno MX300 stiff shafts 4-GW - 8 iron 165

3. I know they are a DTC company. I utilize DTC with a few companies now - Vice Gloves and Snell MTB-X ball that I’ve been playing for awhile now. Sub70 is a great company and cares about their customers. I see the owner constantly commenting on posts answering questions which is awesome. Their clubs are made to order with shaft fittings and they offer a variety of club heads for different skill levels. Some of their clubs have made it on the MGS most wanted lists which is intriguing. Would be awesome giving them a whack as I’m in the market for a new set now!

5 hncp Cincinnati, ohio

718 ap1- 8 iron 155 yards

i know sub 70 are a well reviewed dtc company. I was very close to purchasing these irons right before the lockdown happened but they were out of stock. Would look very forward to testing and reviewing them. If I don’t win I will most likely buy them when the wife gives me the okay again to purchase them! 

Posted (edited)

I would love to be a tester for the 

I am currently a 6.1 handicap playing year round in Scottsdale, AZ.  My carry distance with an 8 iron is 150 yards according to my Arccos tracking system. My current clubs (PW-4i) are Ping i500's which I love!  Driver Ping G410 LST Tensi Orange stiff.  3 Wood is Ping G410 with orange tensi stiff and Titleist h2 3Hybrid, Ping 50, 54 and 58 wedges. I don't know a lot about Sub70 as I first heard about them on this forum.  I am a tinker-er and love trying new clubs and products.  I'd love to try these out as you now have my curiosity peaked.

thanks,

David Nunn

Edited by djn0ne
forgot Club desc.

Dave Nunn

Ping i500, 410LST, Glide 2.0 50ss, 54ss, 58ss

6.8 Index/California

155-160 with 8 irons

I don't know anything about Sub 70

3.8 upstate NY

Currently playing TM p790- 8 iron -170

I used to be a club pro and have been taylormade or titleist forever. I’m looking for find irons that are more consistent with yardages. Right now the 790s feel a bit explosive and not as accurate as I’d like distance wise. 

15 Handicap. I live in Scottsville, KY.

Current irons, Callaway Apex Pro Forged. Distance of 8 iron, 140-150 yds. 

I've on heard of Sub70 wedges, did not know Sub70 made irons too.

1. Handicap (15) and Location (Michigan)
  2. Current Irons (Callaway -Apex, cavity backed, Forged) and 8-iron distance (145 yds)
  3. What do you know about Sub70? (Company offering custom fit clubs and started from the love of golf targeting one loyal customer at a time. Making an impact with their great products.) I would love to have the previlidge to be a tester and try these clubs. BTW they look fantastic.

1- 16.3

2 - Ping i500, 8iron 160

3 - I know very little about the company, other than what they have on their website.

1. I am a 13 living in Northeast New Jersey

2. Currently playing Cleveland launchers, probably from around 2009 - definitely due for an upgrade. 8 iron plays approximately 150-160

3. Hadn’t heard of Sub 70 until seeing on your page. Sharp looking clubs with good quality and value is very appealing. 

Handicap and Location:  10.8, Tucson, Arizona

Current Irons and 8-iron distance: Taylormade Rocketbladez, 8i goes 145

What do you know about Sub70?  I know nothing (yet) Sub70. I'm looking at getting new irons and would love to know more about them. 

Chris P.

Tucson

8 handicap honolulu, hawaii

8 iron yardage is 145 taylormade p790

i know sub 70 is a direct to consumer online retailer with a business model of factory direct to consumer model which can lower prices and provide quality products at a lesser price. they also offer a 60 day return policy. the company was also founded by jason hiland and located in Illinois.

i would love to become a tester to compare it to my tm p790,  play a couple of times a week so i have lots of time for a evaluation.

1. Handicap: 2.3, Fort Collins, CO

2. Currently playing PXG 0211, 8 Iron Distance 170

3. From what I know Sub 70 is a US, midwest (Illinois) factory direct, high quality "old school" handcrafted  club maker who stands behind their product and service.  The ability to do factory direct allows them to provide the latest technology, high quality clubs without the high price.  We used to have a club maker here in CO, Dimension Z, who I got to know the owner Don and his son Brad very well.  Don worked for Hogan for a number of years, prior to starting Dimension Z and wanted to bring quality pro like precision club making that his tour pros at Hogan got, to the average Joe.  Sub 70 reminds me a lot of that type of company and that type of detail to giving the customer a high quality, high standard product.  I was lucky enough to try and give feedback to a number of their prototype products as they went from a cavity back to more of a players club and would be honored to do so again to help Sub 70.

Hdcp 5.6 Murfreesboro, TN

Ping I210 8 iron - 145yrds

First heard of Sub 70 through this forum. Know very little other than they are linked with Hurricane golf in some way.

:tour-edge: EXS 9.5 Tensei CK Blue (R)

:mizuno-small:ST180 3W Tensei CK Blue (R)

:srixon-small:H65 19* Miyazaki Kaula (S)

:ping-small: I210 4-PW Project X LZ 5.5

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 58* SS grind

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy Forged 54* & 58* both R grind

:odyssey-small: Protype Tour Series 3 

:ShotScope: V3 watch

:bridgestone-small:B XS or :taylormade-small: TP5

Can't wait to follow this review!! Been eyeing these for a while now... Best of luck to everyone applying!

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-3) :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour