TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

1. 2.7 and Elmcrest Country Club Cedar Rapids Iowa
  2. Srixon Z765 irons - 170 Yards
  3. I know the Sub70 brand is out of Chicago and offers the direct to consumer model which helps keep costs to the buyer low. They don't have a major presence but every review I have read are they are the real deal.

Driver - PXG 0811X gen 2 10.5 Raijin 64 X shaft

3W - Titeleist 917 Adilla Rogue silver

Driving Iron - Srixon ZU85 3 iron KBS hybrid prototype 95X shaft

Hybrid - Titeleist 915 Hd Adilla Rogue black

Irons - 4-PW Srixon Z765 KBS $taper

Wedges - SM7 58-54-50 black KBS $taper

Putter - PXG Minigunboat Gen 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

Ooo sub70 iron this will be great to read. I did a 14 day trial the 639 CBs last year and did really enjoy them.
Good luck testers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
3W:  Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead 2
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50º: Maltby TSW

56º:  Cleveland RTX-2 
60º: Maltby Tour Grind MG
Putter:  Odyssey White Hot RX 2-ball

Ball: Snell MTB X
Other: Game Golf Live
Handicap: 5.9  -  Best Score: 73 (1 over) Bryan Park - Players Course, Greensboro NC -2020

2020 MGS Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

14 handicap located in Millbury, Ohio

Wilson Tour Pro Select with Boccieri secret grips, 8 iron 135 yards

All I know about Sub70 is what I just read on your site.

1. 7.5 - Nashville, TN

2. Titleist CB 712, 8i - 155-165yds

3. I have heard of Sub70 before from other articles. I haven't seen any clubs in person because they don't sell in any store near by. I like the look of the clubs and hope that they live up to the reputation they have made already. Would love to get an up close look at the 699's and give a detailed review of them.

It it Straight, 

Zach Smith

1. Handicap and Location - 13 - Chicago, IL
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance - Mizuno MP-18 MMC/8 iron Distance 158
  3. What do you know about Sub70? . Only what I have learned through MyGolf Spy testing and articles focused on direct to consumer golf products. I did enjoy the story of Sub 70 and it hit home even more learning they were only 1 hour west of my home. As soon as I can I’ll pay then a visit. Who doesn’t love a story that takes you back in history to when things were a bit more simple. Especially the romantic history of this great game. 

Eddie

WITB

1. Mizuno MP-18 MMC 4i - PW
  2. Mizuno ST190 9.5
  3. Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood
  4. Titelist 818 H1 4 hybrid - Golf Spy Choice
  5. Mizuno GW s-18 50
  6. Callaway MD 4 - 54 - 58
  7. Ping Karsten TR Putter 5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

GPS SwingU App

Laser RF - Precision NX7 Pro Slope - Golf Spy Choice

1. HANDICAP +2.1 Los Angeles, CA

2. NIKE VR 2 BLADES 8IRON- 175 YARDS

3. Not much just recently had a friend mention the brand to me.  Company looks like a solid cool trendy company looking to make a difference.

Look forward to having the opportunity to test your product.

-Ty

Handicap 11.1 Index from Magnolia, Texas

My current Irons are Mizuno Hot Metal Pros .+.75" 2 degrees up Dynamic Gold 105's 4-GW

I heard about Sub 70 from MGS. I have surfed their website and have been doing a lot of research on them. I like the fact they have demo clubs but did not see a 699 pro demo that fit me. So I was thinking but have not got around to it of having them build me a 6 and 9 iron to try and buy the remaining clubs if I like, but this would be a better deal if could demo the whole set. Thanks to sub seventy and to MGS. 

:callaway-small: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 9 deg driver with Tensei Blue shaft 

:755178188_TourEdge: Exotics EX 10 beta  3 wood & 5 wood  W/ Graphite Design shafts

:755178188_TourEdge: Exotics EX 10 Hybrid with Graphite Design shaft

default_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg Mizuno Hot metal pro irons with Dynamic gold shafts

default_taylormade-small.jpgTaylor Made Milled Grind 2 raw finish wedges 54 & 58

Evnroll ER2 putter

1.) 18 handicap in Pittsburgh, PA

2.) Nike Vapor Speed Irons - 8i 160-165yds

3.) haven’t heard anything outside this thread but could give an unbiased review and not knowing what to expect/having any expectations 

1) 13 handicap. Miami,Fl

2) sub 70 699s. Thinking the pros would be better for my skill level.  150

3) love 699s I currently play, and sub70 wedges. However feel the 699 pros with reduce offset might be better and compare more to ping and taylormade player distanceirons. 

1. 1 handicap living in Marion Illinois 

2. I currently play Srixon z forged irons. 8i distance of 167yds

3. I’ve actually been following sub 70 golf since they first began.  I’ve just never pulled the trigger on picking up a set. 

1. 4.4 Index in Dallas Texas Area
  2. Cobra King Forged TEC Irons: 8 iron goes 150 yards
  3. Sub70 is a DTC club company with an awesome logo.  All reviews seem to indicate they have wonderful customer service and based on their interactions on Twitter, they seem to really enjoy what they do.

1. Index at 14 with serious peaks and valleys, in Austin, TX. 

2. Currently playing Adams xtd forged, though only in the last month made switch from Taylormade rsi-2, looking for more control. Stuck in between players and distance irons, basically. 8 iron goes 165 with rsi, 160 with xtd. 

3. Was introduced to sub70 via this website and forums. Visit the website frequently and felt the 699 pro was a good fit. Have a Background in golf retail and reviews having run content marketing for Golfsmith up until It closed, so love to keep my ear to the ground for new approaches to the industry, as well as being a tinkerer. Was very intrigued by these and they felt like a perfect in between. Then when Ohio shut down and sub70 had to temporarily close the opportunity to test them out Disappeared. My big concern is the pvd finish, as there was some talk early about a different, longer lasting finish being used for production. Very curious about putting these in my bag. 

1. Handicap 16.5 from Naperville, IL

2. Cobra AMP 8i - 145 - 155

3. I don't know much about the company. I've seen some references on some sites. 

DZ

On 7/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

I was named to Iowa Basketball Hall of Fame in 2009.

1) 18-20 handicap

2) Callaway XR irons

3) I’m an illinois native and first learned about Sub 70 from you guys. I game their forged raw wedge (favorite club in my bag) and rotate their Pro Fairway 5 wood in and out depending on the course/conditions. I’ve also published a science fiction book, so I have experience writing, if that factors into your consideration.

Hcp 15

current irons Mizuno JPX 919- 8 iron 165

never heard of the company before, but willing to learn more. I’ve always kept an open mind to trying new irons out. 

14 handicap from Westland Michigan 

Calloway XR irons and 8 iron is about 150 yards

I follow them on Instagram and all I know is what they post. Would love to give them a swing

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic