TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

18/Manteca, CA

Wilson Optimax, ~160 yards 

I’ve been following them on Twitter for a while now. Direct-to-consumer with a great product and great customer service it’s all I’ve ever seen. I’ve been wanting to buy some for over a year now but anything more expensive than a dozen golf balls is too much for me right now.

1. Handicap and Location: 11.9 and Atlanta, GA 
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance: Mizuno JPX 919 Forged and 165 YDS.
  3. What do you know about Sub70? Sub70 is a Direct to Consumer company that makes Irons, Hybrids, Woods (Driver), Wedges and Putters. Sub70 is a Midwestern Golf company that specializes in creating 100% Custom Golf Clubs for the Consumers. Sub70 stands behind each product they produce and offer a 100% Money back Guarantee that you will be satisfied and happy with your purchase. Another aspect is that you'll be helping an American Made and Owned company here in the United States. Although there is nothing wrong with some of the larger Golf OEM's, but taking your time to adequately test and capture meticulous details on their clubs will continue to support Small to Medium sized businesses like Sub70.  This is an excellent way to provide constructive feedback and learn more by working directly with Sub70. After all, this is what the Golfing community is all about. 

1. 10 Hdcp - Hershey PA

2. Taylormade Psi - 8i 160-165 yards

3. A lot of satisfied customers on Twitter with the clubs. Excellent customer service and relationships with their customers with notes written in each purchase of clubs. Great way to keep golfers coming back. I’ve wanted to try these clubs out, so this would be a wonderful opportunity!

1. Handicap 20. Simpsonville, sc
  2. Mizuno jpx ez forged 2015 version. 8iron is around 150yds
  3. Honestly don't know a ton. Have seen some of their stuff around the golficity fb group. Looks nice

1. +3 HDCP in Madison, MS

2. Mizuno JPX 900 Tour w/ DG Tour Issue X 120g

3. I honestly had not heard of them until I saw the email looking for testers 

1. Handicap and Location        12 - Portland Oregon
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance      Ping G410 - 8 Iron 165YDS
  3. What do you know about Sub70?     Not Much

KP—

I am a 6 handicap.  San Francisco, CA.

Currently hit my Hogan Apex FTX 8 iron 135.  

I'm familiar with Sub70 and have been looking at their products/website for quite some time.  Intrigued by their pricing and customization selections!

16 Handicap in Kansas.

Currently using Nike VRS irons, seriously due for an upgrade.  Been considering getting fit for irons for some time.  8 iron is 150-155

Honestly I have not heard of Sub 70 before reading some things on Mygolfspy.  I am open to new and different and always kind of liked pushing against the grain a bit in terms of brand or what's popular.  

Edited by jaywelby34

Hdcp: 15.7  Location:  Olympia, WA

current irons:  PXG 0311P GEN2    8 iron distance is about 149 yards

I heard about the Sub70 irons from Golf WRX in a spotlight they did.

Handicap 4.8          Phoenix, Arizona

I currently play JPX 919 Mizuno Hot Metal irons. 

my stock 8 iron is 168 yards. 

I know very little about the company Sub 70 but I do know a lot about is the game of golf and the equipment that goes along side it. I would be happy to have a mutually beneficial engagement and offer a thorough yet succinct review of the Sub 70 irons. 

1. Woodside, CA. Handicap 26

2. Taylor made RAC OS. 8 iron distance 130 yards 

3. I just learnt about them from this website. 

Edited by Dude6156

Indianapolis - High 70s, low 80s without a handicap 

Srixon cavity back forged with Project X Rifle - Carry distance 155

I've been following Sub70 on Twitter for months. Told my brother about them and got to got the Pro 3 wood he just bought from you. It's really good and clean looking

HDCP 16 halifax N.S. Canada.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Current Irons SIM Max OS 8 iron distance 165yds                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          do not know anything about Sub 70. 

1. 3.8 handicap from Pittsburgh Pa

2. Currently play Titleist 718 ap2, carry of 8 iron is 158. 
3. Heard of Sub70 through browsing online. Similar direct to consumer model as Ben Hogan Golf which I also purchased a set from after testing. 

1) handicap 18

2) Irons Callaway XR. 8 iron goes 166 in warm weather and 159 in cold.

3) I live in Illinois and learned about sub 70 through mygolfspy’s review of their raw wedge, which I game. I also purchased their pro fairway 5 wood. 

Edited by RDG

7-Davenport, IA

Mizuno MP-59. 155

I’be been following Jason and Sub 70 journey for a while.  Direct to customer without the middle man, with a quality product.  Beginning to see touring pros on different tour’s requesting clubs.  The customer service is hands down the best, where Jason will even call to go over specs before ordering.  Would be honored to test out a club manufacturer not far from home.

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic