TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

5 handicap from Houston, Texas 

Currently playing a set of Titleist 718 AP2 with C-Taper 130 X shafts.  Hit my 8-iron 170 yards. 

Don’t know much of anything about Sub70, other than what was posted at the beginning of this thread.  Would love to perform a very unbiased test of these irons.   

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

Hey,

So I'm a 7.2 muni golfer out of Los Angeles, CA.

I hit my 8 iron 155yds.

I was first attracted to Sub 70 because they look so good. SO then I started dreading about them and the whole Direct to Consumer philosophy to keep pricing down. Actually tried to use their demo program but they were out of demo product at the time. This would be another chance to try them out. I've been dying to upgrade my Callaway Apex Pro irons and these look fantastic.

H.C.-9.4 location: Colton, NY

Currently playing TaylorMade Burner 2.0 irons.     8i-165 yards

I know a little about Sub 70 but have been learning more as of late since I’ve been more active on Instagram. Haven’t heard anything negative about their equipment and would love to see how these clubs feel. I’m actually going to be in the market for new irons soon 

Ranny Reynolds

Handicap 25 from White Tees

Play mostly at Heritage Hunt, Gainesville, VA

8 iron 120 yards

Play XXIO Prime Senior Flex

This looks like an interesting company that does factory direct.  I currently use that method for balls, gloves, bag, cart and electronics.

Ranny

Handicap 0.6

currently playing titleist 716 MB’s, 8 iron stock is 170

heard about sub 70 through this page and did further digging and it looks like you guys make a badass iron for a reasonable price point. Would love to get the actual feel of them and see where it goes 

1. Hdcp - 10; Temecula, CA

2. Current irons are Wilson Staff FG Tour V4; 8-iron distance is currently 155-160.

3. I've had my eye on Sub70 for the last year or so in regards to new irons.  I actually will be demoing the 639 CB irons as a potential replacement for my current set.  I've also been impressed by the 699s and would love to give them a try.  Thanks for the opportunity!

1. 10.5 handicap in Colorado
  2. Srixon Z785, 165 8i carry
  3. I'm a current customer of Sub 70, owning a set of fairway woods, and a hybrid. Very pleased with their product quality, and customer service is second to none.

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 8.5* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 65 (6.5)

Woods: Turner H-2 3W, 5W, 7W Aldila NV 65 Stiff 

Irons: :cobra-small: King F8 6i - PW Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 3 50*, 54*, 60* Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :scotty-small: Futura 5W

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 Cart bag

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

Rangefinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Tracker: :ShotScope: ShotScope V2 

1. Handicap and Location

4.4 and Stamford, CT

2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance

Current irons are mizuno jpx919 with dg 120x 5-P. 8 iron distance is 165.

What do you know about Sub70?

similar to what Snell has done with direct to consumer production. Other than that not much. 

Edited by Connor Donnelly
  1. 15 Handicap from West Nebraska
  2. Currently play p790s 4-A. Hit 8 iron about 160
  3. Not a lot really. Been showing up on my radar a lot of people seem to be talking about sub 70 golf and am getting interested in give it then a go. 
On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

1. 9, Flint Michigan 

2. Callaway Apex Forged, 175

3. I know absolutely nothing. 

1. 5- Morgantown WV

2.  jpx 800 pro, lofts are 2 degrees weak from stock.  Carry 8i 165

3.  I heard about Sub 70 on ITR.  Looked them up as an option for a friend due to the increased cost of equipment.  Good looking clubs.  

Taylormade M1 9.5 black tie 70x

3w Cobra fly z speeder 661 stiff 

4-P Mizuno jpx 800 pro project X 6.5

Vokey spin mill 52, 56, 60 project X 6.0

Cameron studio stainless NP 2 

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic