GolfSpy STUDque

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

5.3 Index

Mizuno 919 forged

8 iron - 155 yards

recently heard of these...friend of mine has them and loves them. His are a little more offset and I prefer a thinner top and less offset. Have been looking to try as I tried another friends PXG's and they felt similar with similar results at fractions of the cost as we all know. I am a believer in DTC brands and that most club companies are just marketing machines. I have there boys all about brand names and would love to show them its quality clubs and hard work that make the player, not expensive hyped clubs.

1. Handicap 25.  Nashville, TN 
  2. Taylormade Aeroburner.  140 yard.
  3. As my golf skills get better 😅 I am looking for a new iron set.  I found Sub 70 and did some research.  Also saw Youtube videos (interview, factory tour, etc.).  What I saw was impressive.  They are emerging golf club company located in IL.  I am from Chicago!

Handicap 4. Lakewood CO

Callaway Apex 16. 8 iron 165 carry

I do not know much about sub70. The last couple of years I have been very set in my ways and my bag setup. As I have been exploring new irons this summer, I have become very interested in many of the more boutique/ direct to consumer brands. I would love the chance the test them against my tried and true irons to see how much of a difference there is in style, performance and, value. 

1. 8 and Madison, VA
  2. Mixing MP53 with Dynamic Golf X100 shafts and 160
  3. What do you know about Sub70? Nothing other than what I read in the email

Location is Louisville Ky.  Hndcp is 10.6

Current iron are Taylormade aeroburner irons.  8 iron distance 130 yards

Just heard of this company a couple of months back and checked out there stuff.  Looks really nice and at a good price.

1. 11 Handicap, Drums, Pa

2. Adams Golf Idea Black CB3 Forged irons, 155-160 yards.  
3. Not much, only through advertisements. 

4.3. HCP, Springfield, OR

8 iron goes 145

I know they exist, but that’s it.

Callaway Rogue 10.5*Exotics e8 Beta 15*Callaway Epic hybrid PING i20 4-PW PING Tour wedges 50,54,58* SeeMore MFGP SS Pro V1 or K sig ball

1. Handicap = 5.7 & Location = Chicago, IL

2. Titleist 714 AP2 (forged), Loft = Standard, Lie = 1 Degree Upward, Length = 1 Inch (I believe that is correct but may have just been 1/2 inch), Shaft = Dynamic Gold X100, Grips = Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Gray - Midsize ...155 to 160 yards

3. sub 70 = read about them on this blog and some others. Talked with John and actually in transition of switching to 699 pro irons. Hit them 160-170 from current test with the following loft lie and shaft. 

Grip Size

Midsize

Select Grip

GP MCC Plus 4 Midsize Gray

Select Flex

XStiff

Select Shaft

Nippon Modus Tour 120 Steel

Club Length

+ 1/4"

Lie Adjustment

+1 Degree

1.  My handicap is 14 and I reside in Germantown TN.

2. I currently play Ping irons. I hit an 8 iron about 125 to 130 yards.

3. I know nothing about Sub70.

Handicap 3-Charlotte, NC

Srixon Z785 4-PW, 8 iron 155yds

First heard of Sub 70 via this forum. Nice look and cool business model. Interested to try them for sure! 

+1, Worland, WY

Adams Idea Pro CMB 8 iron, 175

I actually have 3 Sub70 wedges, and love them. Paid about 1/2 of what I would have paid a big company for their wedges. I would really like to see if their irons match the quality of their wedges. Really cool to see a DTC getting some good publicity!

9 - riverside, california.

Taylormade m2, I think I am due for an upgrade.

8 iron 150-160

I honestly had not heard of the company until earlier this year, I ended up seeing them on an instagram post and later learned more through here and the forum. 

The fact that their customer service reviews are so high with outstanding praise is pretty telling of a company. Im excited for this testing. 

GOOD LUCK YLL

Rory A Gaddy

1. 20, Chicago, IL golfing minimum twice a week.

2. TaylorMade Burner 2.0, 8 Iron - 150 yard

3. I‘be checked them out and was considering buying when I refreshed my irons in a few years. I’m a product development engineer and would love to offer an unbiased, detailed, and technical review.

I am a 14 handicap from Grove City, Oh

Current 8 iron distance is about 155 to 160

I actually have not heard of this company.  I love finding out about new companies and what they have to offer.    I would be very excited to try these clubs out.   They have a classic look with an amazing black finish.  Pretty coold.

1) 3 Handicap -- Atlanta, Ga

2) Current Irons: Titleist 718 CB's -- 8 Iron Distance 177

3) As an avid golf product person, I have heard a good bit about the Sub 70's. I have enjoyed following the quick but exciting journey into the world of golf. I have not had the pleasure of hitting any Sub 70's yet. 

Driver: TS2 Aldila NV XS

Fairway: 915F 15 degree Tensei  Blue XS

Hybrid: 818 H2 19 degree Tensei White XS

Irons: 718 AP 4 Iron, 718 5-PW

Wedges: SM7 52 Degree 10 Bounce, SM7 56 Degree 12 Bounce, PM Grind 60 Degree 10 Bounce

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5

Rangefinder: NX9

Ball: Pro V1X

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location- 22 Handicap Springfield Illinois 
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance - Nike Slingshot 2010 - 140 to 150 
  3. What do you know about Sub70? - What I know about Sub 70 golf. I know that they are a company based out of Sycamore Illinois.  They create clubs that can compete on the highest level and they take care of their customers by providing a note from the owner thanking them for their purchase when they order clubs from them. They are very hands on with their customers and take pride in their work. 

The Villages Florida 9 handicap 13.1 index 

currently play Tour Edge HL2 kbs tour flight 90 gram shafts

i have reviewed Sub 70Products  from time to time And actually considering them for my next purchase. Fan of their business model and their customer service process 

my 8  iron Goes 130-140 Depending on conditions 

On 7/15/2020 at 2:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

Index 15.4  (highest its been in a while)  Tacoma WA

Mizuno MP-20 MMC  130yds

Heard of them.  Understand a couple golf guru's from some big companies decided to try it on their own.

1. 10.4 HDCP; Washington D.C

2. Taylormade P-790 (XS shaft); 8-iron: 175

3. I’ve only seen their name perusing articles and such. Not much knowledge of the company/brand.

1. 4.3 handicap      NY, NY

2. Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro; 8- iron distance 149 yards

3. Read about them on other forums as a boutique producer who makes quality irons at a reasonable price.