TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

1. 20ish Handicap from Grand Rapids, MI

2. Callaway x-series irons, 8-iron distance 140-150

3. I honestly had never heard of Sub 70 until I saw this post. After looking at their website and reading some reviews of their clubs they seem like the type of company I would love to use a product from. To be honest, it's hard for me and just about any of the average golfer these days to afford any of the top name brand clubs, and it's kind of disappointing. Sub 70 seems like an honest company that is trying to give those average golfers the opportunity own a new set of clubs that doesn't involve backing up the Brinks truck. I only have the clubs I do because I bought them used for what seemed like a good price.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

Handicap 8.8 Portland, Oregon

Current Irons - Taylormade P770 with KBS tour Xstiff

8iron distance 158 yards

I know that Sub 70 is a direct to consumer brand. Other than that I haven’t looked much into it. 

1. Handicap 7.7 from Baltimore/DC area

2. I hit Taylormade R7 irons, 8 iron carry distance 160

3. I'm new to Sub70, just stumbled across an article but it has intrigued me enough to dig in (especially given I'm in the market for new irons).  Professionally I do data analytics and I love golf.  I figured that might be a combination you would like.

Edited by Agarber

Current Handicap  17, Springdale AR

Play Ben Hogan Apex Plus 2006

I have read their information on the website after seeing your most wanted.  I love the DTC model and see it being a much large segment going forward.  I love the look of their irons and would really consider them when in the market.

Hdcp 15, Oklahoma City, OK

Mizuno JPX 900 HM

8Iron 165 yds

This is the first I have seen or heard about these Irons. I am looking forward to testing them out.

HCP Index 12.6

TM SLDR 8i - 130yds

Never heard of Sub 70 till your email today. 

Club member, 5 rounds per week minimum, have a SkyTrak. Would be happy to write a 1-2k word review after testing. It's very hard to find this type of mid-handicap players iron with a thin top line. Been looking at TM 790's as the only non-game improvement irons out there for me. Seems to be an underserved industry demographic.

1. I’m a +2.6 index and I travel everywhere to play competitive golf. My two home bases are in FL and CT/NY

2.  Mizuno JPX 919 Tour, 8 Iron distance: 

stock: 175 : flighted 165 

3. I’ve seen a few pictures here and there of the golf clubs and the logo. Other than that I don’t know much about the brand or the product. 

TM Sim 10.5, Tensei CK Pro White TX

TM M5 3W 15, CK Pro White TX

Titleist U500(3),T100(4),CB(5-7), MB(8-pw)

SM8(50F, 54S, 58M)

SC Select Newport 2

9 - Scottsdale, AZ

Ping i20 - 160

Honestly I know very little about the company. Just starting researching new clubs. Currently rehabbing from shoulder surgery. Haven't been able to play in 3 years, and in 2 months I'm going to be making up for lost time! Just in time for AZ golf season! 

Handicap : 12 but trending downward

Current Irons : Callaway Apex '19

8 Iron carry 155 yds

I've heard a lot of great things about Sub70 , I'm a big believer in the DTC marketing concept - Have done business with Snell Golf since the very start ...

PICK ME, PICK ME!!!!!

1. Handicap and Location:  Hdcp = 4.4, Centreville VA
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance = Mizuno JPX-900 Forged (Proj X LZ 6.0), 154 yds
  3. What do you know about Sub70? = Not much; I've never tried their products but I like the different styles of irons they offer with the 639 line.

Driver:  :callaway-small: XR16 10.5* (set to 9.5*), MRC KuroKage TiNi Black, S-flex

3 wood:  :ping-small: G410, Alta 65 S-flex

Hybrids:  :ping-small: G400 19* & 22*, Alta CB 70 S-flex

Irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX-900, Proj X LZ 6.0

Wedges:  :titelist-small: SM7, 54*/S; :callaway-small: MD4, 58*/S

Putter:  :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Black 2.0 #1

7 handcap in Florida playing once a week. Currently hitting Pi 200 irons. My 8 iron is 155 yards. 56 years old could always use some extra yards.

1. 3.6 handicap in Pico Rivera, CA

2. Currently playing Wilson staff FG V4 tour irons P-3 w/ DG x100 , I’ve been playing them for almost 2 years now. 

8 iron distance 165-180

3. Don’t know a whole lot about Sub70 other than that they are DTC. I have a friend who just got a set of their game improvement irons and he loves them. They look realllyyyy nice too. 

Edited by Louie
Typo

1.  8.6 Palos Verdes California

2. Callaway Epic Pro with SteelFiber i110 cw Aerotech (S) shafts.  I can hit an 8 iron 175 yards but play it as a 150 club. These are very forgiving irons with a great sound.  Very happy with them, not looking for a replacement.  I carry a 3, 5,6,7,8,9,P.  all are +1" except the 3 which is +2... and goes a mile.

3. I don't know much about Sub 70, so haven't formed any opinions on them.  From what I see, they are following a similar model to what the current Hogan team is doing.  

EPIC Driver, EPIC 3 Wood, EPIC hybrid, Adams irons, Callaway wedges, Scotty putter and Titleist ball.

1. 9.6 Index. Hampshire, IL

2. Taylormade P790s. 5- Gap Wedge with KBS V Tour 110g shafts. 8 Iron 155-160yds.

3. I first heard of Sub70 almost 2 years ago. I know their customer service is top notch. I own Sub70 Wedges and have been very impressed. I have looked through their website multiple times and have considered their demo program for these irons. Would love to take them to the range and on the course up against my TMs!

1. 20 handicap currently, 16 at my best. Suquamish, Washington 

2.played taylormade for years, RAC then speedblade. 150-155 yd carry 8i. Just switched to sub70 699 160-165 carry 8i.

3. I saw sub70 on mygolfspy a couple of months ago, checked into it and loved what I saw and decided to make the switch. Immediately loved the 699 fitted to me and was easy to swing right out of the plastic. Next I ordered the 699U 19.5 and have been striping it off the tee. I'm using more off the tee than my taylormade M6. Just ordered the 52 wedge and am slowly converting my bag over to sub70. The products and service are second to none. I am now a sub70 lifer

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic