TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location - 11.3 and Rockwood, TN
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance - Callaway Apex and 160
  3. What do you know about Sub70? - Not a lot but have seen a bunch of rave on the internet and they are some great looking clubs

#Mr.SoS

1. 6 handicap and live in Holton, Kansas 

2. Current Irons are Titleist 716 AP2’s. 8 iron is my 150 club. 

3. I randomly came across Sub 70 golf about 2 years ago on Twitter. I know they’re a start up golf club producer from Sycamore, Illinois. After looking to buy a new 3 wood I decided to give the Sub 70 pro fairway wood a try because of its price as well as reviews. As soon as I started hitting it I loved it.  Beginning of this year I decided to buy the 5 wood to go with it. I love Sub 70’s customer service as well as the personal touch they put on every product they deliver. The hat, tees, and hand written note I received was something you don’t get from big brand golf equipment producers. 

Dan Dumfries Va

4.1 handicap

KZG Forged III irons  8 irons 145

I read the review on your sight and two other reviews.  They are direct sales style company.  The people that play them seem to be passionate about them.  The 699 pro seems to have a lot of promise.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 * Accra Tour Z TZ6 55 M3 pure 

Fairways: Callaway Mavrick 15*  19*  Accra FX 2.0-100F M3 pure  

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrick 4 Hybrid Accra FX 2.0-100H60 M3 pure  

PXG Gen 3 0311 P 5-Gap  Fujikura Pro 75 REG pure

Cleveland CG 12 RTG DSG  54/10 & 58/10  Refurbished with raw faces and legal grooves

utter: Scotty Camron Special Select Fastback 1.5  Stock pistol grip 34" w/Stablity shaft

Ball: Pro V1x 

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

1. Handicap-11.6 in Las Vegas NV

2.I game GigaGolf M510 and C510 irons. My 8 iron distance is 145-152 yards

3. I know that sub 70 is a direct to consumer online club manufacturer that has been getting a lot of attention from all the club makers and consumers alike due to the fantastic price point and quality of product.

I feel I would be a good club tester because I have done YouTube club reviews  in the past for my current irons. My videos on the giga golf blades is the highest viewed and most informative video on those specific clubs. I did an unboxing, 6 month, and 1 year review. My channel is Youtube.com/Pacforetravel 

I also do golf club customizations and these clubs would be perfect for that as well! If you would like to see some of my work check me out on Instagram @Proamcustoms. 
If I was in the market for new irons, Sub 70 would be on the top of my list for new irons, not only is the price point perfect but the quality is just as good if not better than the big manufacturers! If chosen I would love to do a YouTube video on the unboxing and full review as well as possibly customizing them if allowed!

1. 8 hdcp in Springville Utah

2. Current irons: Mizuno MP 20, 8 iron: 175 yards

3. I've been getting into club building, and was referred to sub 70 website by a friend. I haven't yet had a chance to try any of the irons, but would relish the opportunity to put them to the test.

1. +3.3 in Portland, Oregon
  2. I currently play the Taylormade P770.  My 8 iron carries about 155-160 yards.
  3. I do not know a whole lot to be honest, see some club reviews on the site about them.  Saw the black finished irons and starting to look for a new set so I was intrigued.

James Lin Jr 

Pasadena, CA

1.  Handicap 8.9

2.  8 iron distance is 150.  Current irons are Taylor Made RBZ Tour.  Prior to that I played the Callaway Apex Forged.

3.  I don't know anything about sub 70. I have heard they are nice irons but that's about it.  This makes me the ideal unbiased tester.

1. 8 Handicap Chicago, IL

2. Gaming Mizuno MP18 MMC Modus 105X; 8 iron-- 162

3. I know they are a Chicagoland company. I saw them at the Chicago Golf Show but was unable to hit them at that time. Great looking sticks and would love to try them out!

HDCP 5 Minnetonka, MN

Current set: Callaway Rogue, 8i distance 190

I’ve been following Sub70 since I saw the 699 irons do so well in the player’s distance testing. I’ve been attempting to save money to buy a new set but Covid got my wife laid off and my future (as an airline pilot) in question. Guess I’ll wait until the Covid is done then buy a set

1. 18 handicap.  I live in Elgin, IL

2. Currently playing Wilson FG-Tour V2 irons. 160 yd  8-iron.

3. I know they're a locally owned company. (Sycamore, IL...I could come pick them up 😉. ) 

Edited by NEXShotGolf
  1. 3 and Orlando FL 
  2. Tour EdgeCBX Blades 3-PW(the Thinner the better for me) and 158 yards carry for the 8 iron if its a TM then its 170 lol. I've tried cbs and player cavities and did not get along with them.
  3. All I know is that they have been reviewed very well and have been making noise in the DTC model. 
  • WITB: 15 Clubs
  • :taylormade-small:SIM MAX 9.5*
  • :taylormade-small:SIM MAX 3W 13*
  • :taylormade-small:SIM MAX 3hy 18*(alt. 3 iron)
  • :taylormade-small: 4-PW RBladez Tour 
  • :taylormade-small:GW: HiToe 50* 
  • :taylormade-small:SW: HiToe 56*
  • :taylormade-small:LW: HiToe-BigFoot 60*
  • :taylormade-small:Putter: TM Patina Juno 

1. 6 handicap living in Honolulu, HI

2. I'm currently gaming the Taylormade P730 in a PW-5 iron and a P770 4 iron. My 8 iron is currently my 145 yard club and can be used between 135 and 150 depending on the shot. 

3. I've heard of Sub 70 but honestly would love to try their product while doing some research into their company. I know they are a direct to consumer brand that works to provide decent quality fitting and quality products at fractions of the cost of the big OEM brands. 

From what I have seen they do make gorgeous looking clubs and I do feel that these irons would be right up my alley. 

1.  I am a 12 handicap from Wilmington, DE 

2.  Currently gaming Mavrik 4-A on Attas graphite.  These are new to me after several years on Steelhead XR's.  8 iron is 155 on the Mavs

3.  I am not familiar with Sub 70, but it sounds like they have a lot to offer.

Thanks

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic