TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

I’m a +2.6 in Clarksville, TN. I will play in about 12 Stroke play tournaments a year. I need to know exactly how far my irons are gonna go, but I also need the forgiveness of perimeter  waiting.

im currently play Ping G400 irons 5 through pw. My 8iron distance is between 155 to 170.

i only know about Sub 70 through mygolfspy.. I’m always open to a product that will help me play with more confidence!!

Regards

Michael Knight 

Edited by KnightRider1971
I forgot to put in my 8 iron distance.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

14.5, Tallmadge OH
Bridgestone Tour B JGR 8 iron, according to SS is 157 yards.
I've been intrigued with Sub70 since they started out, so much so , that I took a punt and bought their 939X fairway and I've been quite happy with it. I do know that their customer service is amongst the best in the business and the interactions I've had with them have been top notch.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

handicap 11.0  Mt. Sterling, KY

Mizuno JPX 825 pro  4-gap

8 iron...140-145

I'm not familiar with Sub 70...I haven't done any business with them or researched their company...All i've read about Sub 70 is what has been written in these posts...It would be fun to evaluate some new equipment

driver-sim 2

3wood-ping 425

3 hybrid-ping 425

irons- mizuno 825 4-pw

gap- Titleist 50'

sand- ping glide 54'

putter- ping anser 2 

Hello

I am a 2 Handicap and Live in Minnesota

I have the 2019 P790 and Hit my 8 iron 16

I know that sub70 is a direct to consumer golf brand that make very nice looking clubs at Fair Prices  I am always a fan on the little guy  

I play golf and i walk

handicap 8

Location Sheboygan, Wisconsin 

Irons Wishon forges blade 5 - LW

8 iron distance 150

I've seen sub 70 name around but haven't looked into them, but that killed back is sexy

Adams BTY driver 8.5, x flex graffaloy elite

TaylorMade R7 3 wood, x flex UST

Cobra baffler hybrid x flex UST

irons Wishon blades 5 -9.  Wishon forged blade wedges pw, aw, sw, lw

Putter Wilson blade

Ball Titleist Prov 1 X

Handicap 8

1. Handicap is 9 and West Chester PA

2. Mizuno JPX900 Forged and 162 yds

3. Not much but see their products on this site and instagram often. Like the combo set of irons and the look of these ones being offered. 

TM 2017 M2 9.5 | Fuji Atmos Black TS 6S
TM 2016 M1 19* Diamana S+ 70S
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-Gw PX LZ 5.5 2 Flat
Cleveland RTX3 52, 56, 60 TT S400 2 Flat
Evnroll ER2 34"

1. I am a 16 year old with a 6 handicap 

2. currently playing the titleist ap3 and my 8 iron distance is 165 

3. I known that this company is very in tune with custom clubs which I believe improve your golf game tremendously. And I like how it’s a startup because young startups always care for there customers and employees and I have a tremendous amount of respect for that. Also great customer service when I have called and it reached out.

1. 9.6 handicap from Towson, MD

2. I currently play Titleist 716 T-MB irons. 8 iron carries 155.

3. I do not know much about the company but a playing parter of mine plays the black forged wedges and he loves them. He always brags about how much spin he gets off of short chips and the value of the clubs. I would love to compare the 699s to my T-MBs.

Driver: Cobra F9 9* - Tensei CK White S

3 Wood: Cobra F9* - Atmos TS Black S

3&4 Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies - Kuro Kage Hyb S

Irons 5-PW: Titleist 716 T-MB - Nippon N.S.PRO 950GH S

Wedges: Vokey SM-5 Tour Chrome- N.S.PRO 950GH S

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Black 7s 33.5"

10.5, Tampa, FL

Rogue by Callaway, 135 yards

Sorry, not a thing, but I like trying new stuff and I play 130 rounds a year.  I also think Black is the way to go, no glare.

Dave :rolleyes:

1. Olive Branch, MS

7 HCP
2. My Current Irons are Titalist AP2 716 project X Stiff Flex.. I hit an 8 iron 165

3. I heard of sub 70 from IG and have followed their page for quite some time. I would love the opportunity to be a tester. I am 21 Y/O and am a VERY avid golfer!

1. I am a 7 handicap living in silver lakes CA

2. currently use callaway x-20 tour irons with project x 6.0 shafts.  My 8 iron is 165 yards carry  

3.  I had not heard anything about the company until I saw it on my golf spy.  I look forward to learning more about the company and there irons.

thanks for the time and good luck to all 

1. 12 handicap, Atlanta, GA
  2. taylormade RBZ max irons, 8i 145 yards
  3. very little, I have been looking at replacing my irons (they are 7+ years old) and google popped up an add for sub 70. I had been looking at the 2017 p790s and ping i500s. Curious about these. 

Handicap 14; Lafayette, LA

Adams Tight Lie; 8 iron distance 135 - 140 yards

I know very little about the company. I have been to the website and I am impressed with the 60 day return policy and the club trade in program. My current irons are pretty old and I would love to test this iron as I am definitely in the market for a newer set. I am a senior golfer (74 years old) and I play 2 to 3 times a week and would be able to really test them thoroughly and provide appropriate feedback from the standpoint of the older golfer.

On 7/15/2020 at 3:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

1. +0.1/ Fort Bliss, TX

2. Taylormade p790 (2, 4-7) Taylormade p770 (8-P)/ 8iron distance= 180yds

3. Have never heard of Sub70. Just read up on the company. Sounds great!

TaylorMade SIM Driver (9.0, Stiff, Ventus Blue) SIM 3/5 wood 

p770 irons (3-PW)

MG2 wedges (52/56/60)

del monte putter 34”

18.2, took some lessons from a well known national company that sounds like rolf rec.  Handicap went up 4 strokes since February, I'm trying get back to where I was. 

Sherwood, Oregon

Callaway X HOT   155-165. If I get after it 180

I know a little bit. I heard them mentioned on XM radio show "Inside the Ropes". I have looked up the website and trying to not pull the trigger on some demo's knowing I would most likely end up with a set. 

Epic GBB driver 10.5 turned down to 9.5 Hzruds 6.5 smoke shaft. 

Titleist U15 1 iron 

Callaway X Hot irons stiff shafts 4-AW, Lost the 3 iron.

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

Odyssey White Ice 355G putter

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic