TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

I am a 16 handicap and i live in NE Ct in a town called KillinglyI play Miura CB 501 irons, 4 thru SW and my 8 iron distance is 100 yards. I know absolutely nothing about Sub 70 clubs, in fact i did not even google them before submitting this post

1. I’m a 5.5 hcp based in Stockholm, Sweden. 

2. I play with a set of Srixon Z765 and hit my 8 iron about 155 yards. 

3. Not much until this post but always super excited to find new brands that challenge the status quo in the golf industry. 

3.6 hdcp in Abingdon, VA

I hit my 8-iron 165 yards carry. I currently use Mizuno MP-57. 

I know nothing about this company other than what I read in the email and on this post. 

I am an 8 handicap index and live in Puyallup, WA.

I currently play the Ping I200's and hit my 8 iron around 135 yards

I have never heard of Sub 70 before but based on the picture would love to give the clubs a try.

1. Handicap - 14, Saint Louis, Missouri 

2. Ping Eye 2 Black Dot, 8 iron carry 135/140 yards
3. Found a Reddit thread about ‘lesser known’ golf companies. Looked at all of the sights listed regarding club manufacturers. I’m intrigued by their business model and what seems to be a very quality product at a fair price (by the numerous reviews I’ve read). Also, it is very evident that the team at Sub 70 loves what they do and and is very customer oriented.

On 7/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

2.7, Naperville IL

Mizuno MP5s, 8 iron 167yrds full

Sub 70 is about ball strikers and gamers (players). 

Live in Raleigh, NC

Handicap 16

8 iron 150 Power Play Caiman X2 MB

I have been looking at buying the 699 pro's for about a month now. Would love the opportunity!

Handicap 11

Location Southern California 

Current irons:  Wilson LaunchPad 

8 iron distance:  140

I love trying new golf equipment as much as trying a new course! I am continually reading and trying new things, not so much to get better or beat partners, but just to satisfy my curiosity.  I also have a large family of golfers who continually ask my advice so I like to keep up with the latest.  I ESPECIALLY love it when the best clubs are inexpensive, work for a majority of swing types and have a simple, timeless in design. I do not know a lot about Sub70 and have not yet played any of their clubs. I love the Midwest roots (I am from Indiana and spent a chunk of my life on Indiana/Michigan courses).  I love underdog companies that focus on quality and design and the pricing scenario is a plus to everyone's bottom line. 

San Diego CA Handicap is 10.2

Playing Ping i500’s Standard loft 

8 iron flies 155-165

I know very little in them. Other they are a direct to consumer brand. Would love to see what that market has to offer and give my opinion on how they play. 

1. 1.2 handicap former club pro many moons ago. Denver CO

2. Current irons Hogan Ft. Worth irons. 8-iron distance 180 at 5280, 165 at sea-level. 

3. They are DTC company. Found them after I ordered my Hogan’s. They stuff looks great. Just convinced a buddy to order a set last week, his clubs arrive today and he couldn’t be more excited. 

Thanks,

Ryan 

Former club pro. Weekday range rat and weekend warrior when my wife lets me

1. 5 handicap from Lindenhurst, Illinois

2. Current irons are Srixon 545’s, 8 iron distance is 160-170

3. Heard of Sub70 while attending school nearby at Northern Illinois University, and have learned more about them in the past year as they’ve gained incredible traction and grown. Spending significant time in the area Sub70 was founded its been awesome to see the growth of the company, and I’ve been interested in trying and potentially gaming these irons because I’ve heard they are impressive, especially for a young up and coming company. 

Hdcp 11

San Diego CA 

Ping g410 irons

8 iron 150 yards

Never heard of the irons until I saw this

Edited by Dweb117

10.5 Handicap living in Columbus, Ohio

Currently gaming Mizuno MP-25, 8 iron carry is 155 yards.

DTC iron (which I’d be interested to try), stylish/pro style design geared towards a variety of handicaps.

1. Handicap: 15 from Loomis, CA

2. Currently use PXG Gen 3; hit my 8i: 160-170

3. What I know about Sub 70: I've heard most my information from forums and am always intrigued by companies that can offer advanced equipment at reasonable costs. I have researched some and really can appreciate the business model that has been set up. I would be honored to be a part of your testing. 

1. 17 handicap and improving with analytics of my swing. Ponte vedra/st Augustine Florida area
  2. Current irons are ping s56 and are hand me downs. Current 8-iron distance is 135 yards.
  3. I just now am getting familiar with Sub70 now and want to learn more.

I am blessed with a work role leading a major US healthcare company’s data and analytics function. Attention to detail is a deepen d requirement for my role and use many analytics devices including Arccos and Swing.AI to analyze my game.

Handicap 13

8-Iron:  150

Currently play TaylorMade P-790, Oban shafts

Handicap 12

Driver:  TaylorMade M3 Fuji Speed Shaft R Flex

3-Wood: TaylorMade M3 Fuji Speed Shaft R Flex

Hybrids:  TaylorMade GAPR Mid, GAPR Hi

Irons:    TaylorMade P-790 5-PW, Oban Shafts, R+ Flex

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 56 Full Grind, Oban shafts, Cleveland RTX 60, Mid Grind, Oban Shaft

Putter:  Odyssey DF-550

1. 12 handicap out of San Antonio/Austin area

2. current irons are the Taylormade P790 and my avg 8 iron is 165

3. Player irons with great look. TPE injected with a modern head shape.

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic