TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

Handicap is 7; New Jersey; 8 iron distance 155 ; read about Sub70 on MyGolfSpy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

23 hdcp / New Bern, NC 

Titleist 692, 8i - 120yd

Have heard much about them on MGS, but that’s about all.  

WITB? :taylormade-small:10.5deg SLDR (R flex),  :taylormade-small:3HL/17 SLDR Series (R flex),:taylormade-small: 5/19 SLDR Series (R flex), :taylormade-small: 4h/22 SLDR Series (R flex), :callaway-small: DIablo graphite shaft irons (5 (R flex), 6-PW (A flex)), :cleveland-small: CBX 50, 54,& 58 wedges - graphite, :odyssey-small: White Iron 5 putter.   

15 - Richmond VA

Lynx Black Cat irons -  155

I have a Sub 70 hybrid, it's a great club, and the customer service is top-notch - I have talked to Sub70 about these very irons, and would love to test them!

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

1. 8 handicap in Meridian, ID

2. Currently playing Callaway X22 irons with Project X Flighted 6.5 shafts. My 8 iron goes about 160 yards

3. I haven't heard a whole lot about the company except for previous posts and I have browsed their website. I absolutely love the minimalistic look of their irons and am extremely interested to find out if they play as well as they look!

My handicap index is 7.8. I'm 71 and play out of Aiken SC

I'm playing Gen 2 0311 irons. 4,5,6 0311xf and 7 thru Gap W 0311 p. I hit my 8 iron 145 yards.

I know Sub 70 is a DTC golf club Manufacturer.  The 699 and 699 pro are hollow body irons with a plastic fill inside.  The clubs look terrific and I would love to give them a thorough test and review

1. 13 handicap - Pueblo, Colorado 

2. Currently play Callaway X2HotPro irons. Hit my 8 iron 165

3. I've been following Sub70 on Instagram the past year and am very interested in their irons. Before covid (and a pregnant wife) happened,  I was looking at getting new irons and Sub70 was one of my top 3 choices.

1.) 9 handicap from Maine.

2.) Nike vapor pro combos. 8 iron 150 carry

3. Sub 70 is a newer golf club company that is looking to the the niche of affordable quality clubs and all ready have multiple lines of different clubs to fit almost any golfer.

North Port FL Hcap +1 

Taylormade MB 8 iron 160 

I've heard nothing but great reviews from very satisfied customers and I would love to try them out and see how they compare to my current irons I have. Always liked black irons as well. 

Shaun King 

I used the Cleveland TA5 Gunmetal irons since they were released until I was given the TaylorMade CGB Max I’m currently playing but living in NW Florida I really miss the dark finish. The contrast the dark finish in the bright sun always helped me ensure I had the club face square to my target line. I would relish the opportunity to try some new irons in the finish I prefer! I currently have a 9.2 handicap and think these will help me get back to a 6, maybe even better!!

8 handicap from Greenville, SC

Mizuno MP 54s (3-PW) with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts and Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Grips.   

8 iron carry distance of 142.

I first learned about Sub 70 from watching episode 32 of "No Putts Given."  From that time, i have looked at their website numerous times and  have watched and read any review about them that I could find online.  They are DTC company that focuses on quality and customer service at a much lower  price point then other equipment brands sold in major retail locations.  I have always been a fairly consistent iron player with the majority of lost strokes resulting from a weaker short game.   In recent years, I have not been able to play or practice as much as i would like, so I am looking for a set of irons that is slightly more forgiving on off center hits.   I would call myself meticulous and detailed oriented and would love the opportunity to try these irons out and provide some feedback.

9 hcp 

Titleist 716 cb 

Fitted standard length standard lie 

8iron 163yds at 800ft elevation

SS w/driver 114

I'm from Oklahoma and play twice a week currently. I would like to test some irons as I am thinking a new set is coming since I do not like the CB Titleist irons. I am a big fan of Mizuno and Muira irons. 

1. 10 handicap, Waco, Texas
  2. Titleist AP1 irons, 155 with 8 iron
  3. It’s not a well known company to many golfers. The local golf shop guys didn’t even hear about them. I’ve never hit any of their clubs, but they have good reviews online and the performance of these clubs seems to exceed their price (from what I have read online).

Driver: Taylormade 2019 M2

3 W: HL M4 16.5 deg

4 Hybrid: 21 deg loft

Titleist AP 1 714 4-P

Vokey SM 8 Wedges: 52 F grind, 56 S grind, 60 M grind

Putter: Tommy Armor Impact 3

I am a father of 7. I am a 10 handicap. I golf cobra amp cell silver irons. Would l9ve to have the opportunity to test and thoroughly review your clubs. I found out about sub 70 on twitter. Your customer satisfaction is what i like most about your company. I have been saving up to purchase some of your irons. This would be an awesome experience for me! Thank you! 

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic