TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

4.2 index

Woodland Hills CC, Pinson TN 

Callaway apex cf19 8 iron distance stock swing is 162

I have only seen Sub 70 clubs on a few golf pages. They look great and would love to test and give detailed reviews and pros/cons of the clubs! 
thanks

Edited by Windowguy72
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

4.2 Handicap, Norwalk, IA

My current irons are PXG Gen1 Tours. My 8 iron distance is 180-195.

I know very little about sub 70. Except for the collaboration with my man over at Wedge FX. Been on the site a couple times and love the designs. Would love to test the product and see if it opens my eyes to new clubs. I have only ever played Titleist, Taylormade, and now PXG. 

Even if I don't get picked keep up the great work. 

Joel R Anderson

4.6 HC Buckeye, AZ

Play: 

Mizuno MP20 MB PW-7; MMC 6-4 Aerotech I95 stiff shafts

Also have a set I use when I am working through swing issues:

Mizuno JPX 919 HM pro PW-4 Modous 120 stiff shafts 

Sub 70bis an up and coming  Co making a dent.  Have watched reviews and even thought about trying them out

Handicap and Location

• 13/Indianapolis, IN

Current Irons and 8-iron distance

• Calloway X-Hot/150-155 yds 

What do you know about Sub70?

• Direct to consumer brand who prioritizes low price and high levels of customer service to compete with the larger equipment manufacturers. I became interested in the brand after seeing these irons place 6th in the players distance categories on my golf spy. 
  1. Handicap and Location - Grand Rapids, MI
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance - Callaway - 155 Yards
  3. What do you know about Sub70? - Honestly this is the first I am hearing of Sub70

14 handicap living in North Canton, Ohio 

2010 Titleist AP1

140 yard 8 iron 

This is the first time hearing of Sub 70. As a youthful customer, I appreciate DTC brands that are customer service focused. I’m looking into my upgrading my irons by the end of this season. 

8.6 handicap in Upstate, South Carolina

currently playing MiZUNO JPX 825 Pro; 8iron distance is 160. 

don’t know a lot about Sub70 except their twitter account is great and their prices are great!

Tucson AZ

i am already playing the 699 Pros

8 iron 160-165 yards

what do you want to know about them

Driver : PING G30

Irons: Sub70 699 Pro 4-AW

Wedges: Titleist SM7 54 degrees

Cleveland 60 CBX

Putter LAB Golf DF2.1

1. 7 Swansboro, NC

2. 165 yds

3. Sycamore, IL just outside of the Windy City. DTC company that from all I have read about them makes some awesome stuff at a great price. 

1. No official handicap but it would be a 6 or 7. Memphis, TN.

2. 718 AP2s (6-W), 718 T-MBs (4-5)

3. Not a darn thing. So I'm a blank slate and completely objective.

1. I am a 1 hdcp player in Houston,TX

2. My current irons have been in the bag 11 years as my college golf gamers, Ping S57 Green Dots, Project X 6.0 plus 1/2", Golf Pride MCC +4 midsize grips. 8 iron carries 160 for me these days.

3. I heard about Sub 70 at the end of last year/beginning of this year. They get lots of positive reviews from my YouTubers I follow, and I have heard their customer service is top-notch. I've visited their website on several occasions and love the looks and lines of the stuff they are putting out. The prices for the quality of their equipment looks like they're hard to beat as a direct to consumer company. I would love the opportunity to give these a go and help these guys be elite in the direct to consumer market.

Edited by rascott_09
On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

+0.5. Signal Mointain, Tn

Ben Hogan Ft. Worth.   8 iron distance is 172-175

Sub70 follows the same strategy as Hogan and as someone who has had great results from Direct to Consumer, i would love to try out the Sub70 irons.

Hello I live in the Portland, Oregon market. I am a 9 handicap,

I hit my 8 Iron 145 yards.

I have been following Sub 70 for a while now and have a 4 wood that I purchased from them 2 months ago. I love the club.

Gregory Schillinger

1. 7 handicap in Jackson NJ

2. Well I haven’t really found my perfect fit I’ve been through 5 different sets in the past year. 
- srixon z785; 155-160

- ping i500/; 170-175

- mizuno jpx919 tour; 160-165

- pxg Gen 2 0311T; 160-165

- mizuno mp20 HMB; 165-170

im a bit of a club junkie but also haven’t found The perfect fit

3. I know the company is direct to consumer so while it saves the consumer cost it doesn’t by any means take away from performance. I’ve seen sub70 do well on mygolfspy tests and it’s become more and more visible on the golf groups I’m in on FB

On 7/15/2020 at 3:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

1. +1 Tremonton, Utah

2. Titleist 620 MB. 8 iron- 190 yards 

3. I know nothing about the sub70. But I’ve been listening to your podcast and no putts given podcast to learn more. 

Triston Hartfiel

1. 11.4 HC located in Collinsville, Oklahoma. 
2. Mizuno Mp18 MMC, 8 iron plays 155. 
3. I have heard some buzz about there DTC platform and have heard some good things about their processes. 

Mizuno MP-18 +1/2" w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100 Shafts

Taylormade M1 9.5 Degree w/ Project X Hzrdus Yellow 

Right Handed

Oklahoma, USA 

Handicap: 10

Hello,

I am a 20 year old recreational golfer who has been playing golf since before I could walk! I have been playing 2-4 rounds of golf each week as of late and I would love to test these clubs! I do not have an official handicap, but a rough estimate puts me in the 20-25 stroke range as I consistently shoot between 95 and 105 through 18 holes. Please let me know if any additional information is needed! I look forward to hearing more about this opportunity!

At a 9 currently, playing in areas around NW Ohio and NE Indiana

Currently playing Sub70 699 irons (non pro), and LOVE them.   8i distance 155

Been following Sub70 for over a year, finally contacted Jason and the team in late 2019 and was fitted (online and via phone) for my current 699s.  Havent ventured into other clubs of theirs yet but hope to in the future.

Tour Edge EXS 220  driver, Sub70 699  irons, Titleist TS2 and Wilson Staff FG5 fairway, Wilson Staff FG5 hybrid,

Cleveland CBX2 wedges,  Tommy Armour Impact #3 putter

Psalm 73:26 🙏

handicap 5

state - WI

8 Iron - 165

Current irons 4-PW Titleist 714 AP2, 2 degrees up, +.5”, w/ KBS Tour c-taper 130 x 

I know nothing about the company other than they are direct to consumer. 

So awesome.... I just ordered mine last week, so I'll sit this out. Hopefully they arrive today. 

• Like 2

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

image.png

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic