TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

1) 18 HC Chicago IL

2) Callaway XR irons; 8 iron distance is 166 yards In warm weather, 158 in cold.

3) I know about Sub 70 from mygolfspy.. Their raw wedge is my favorite club. I also have their pro 5 wood in my bag, usually. I’ve published a science fiction novel, so you’ll get a well written review! 

14.5 Handicap, Western Washington

Playing Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals (5 / GW), 8 iron distance 138 yard carry. 

All I know about Sub70s is what I read on MyGolfSpy

Playing 4 to 5 days a week on a variety of courses, mostly north of Seattle.

Have just put a Shot Scope V3 in play, and will acquire a second set of tags for the Sub70's so I can provide detailed data comparing them with the Mizunos.

Also have a set of Hogan Ft. Worth Blacks that I play January through March, 8 iron distance 144 yard carry. I would love to test the Sub70's against the Hogans as both are marketed through DTC consumer models. 

12 handicap and I’m in Memphis, Tn

I was fit into Taylormade Sim Max irons With Nippon 950gh stiff shafts about 3 months ago. 8 iron carries around 155.

I was very close to purchasing the Sub70 699s before I decided to go get fit. Their price point was very attractive and I have read nothing but good things about their customer service. I really wish I would have used their demo service before purchasing my irons. 

1. 6.7 index, Michigan.

2. 716 AP1, 8i 160 yds

3. I currently have one of their hybrids in my bag. Talked to Jason on the phone before ordering, very helpful and not pushy. Even gave me a call a short time after I'd been playing it to check-in... very classy.  They have an awesome gameplan going, especially allowing customers to return a club(s), but I'm assuming most people don't because the products are great!  All-around great experience purchasing from them and would hesitate to again!

11 Handicap in Southern Maryland.

Play Callaway X-20 with about 150 8i.

Just talked to Jason on the phone today about buying some new irons. First saw the reviews on this site a few months ago and have been reading reviews since.

1. 7.08 HC in Columbus, OH

2. Playing Taylormade p760–8 iron is 163

3. Haven’t heard of sub 70 before but am interested in good clubs at an economical price!

On 7/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

20 in Naperville, IL

Adams Blue, 165

Been following the company for awhile and my neighbor just purchased a set.  Raves about that and would love to see what they could do for my game.  

Handicap 6

Downers Grove il

Current irons are Mizuno mp25

Eight iron 148 yards

Bought two wedges (56/60)from sub 70 over a year ago and wonderful experience and customize. The personal phone call from Jason at that time was wonderful to bounce ideas off. What he is trying to create is great for golf!

1. New Jersey - 11.0
  2. Titleist 690•MB 8 iron about 160
  3. What do you know about Sub70?  Nothing but the clubs look beautiful and I‘ve been dying to try some new irons.  Have had the MBs for quite some time now!

1. 2.9 handicap in San Antonio, TX

2. Taylor Made 790 with KB tour C-taper 120g Stiff shafts, 8 iron is 165 yards on carry

3. I have limited knowledge on Sub70n golf other than reading about a few of their clubs through your reviews.  I have an unbiased view on trying new clubs and I am very particular with the clubs that go in my bag especially when it comes to feel, ball flight and how the ball reacts on the greens.  I play on a challenging 27 hole resort and its layout forces players to use nearly every club in the bag with a variety of shots.  

Nick C.

I'm a 9 handicap living in Austin Texas.

I currently play Titleist 716 AP2s and hit my 8 iron 143.

I first heard of sub70 through MGS and have always been interested in seeing what they're all about but I'm not one who can just buy equipment just to test it out. I have to be sure what I'm getting is going to stay in the bag for a while because of my budget. I think sub70 is intriguing because I use DTC companies for other products like Snell golf balls or DSC, etc.

Good luck everyone and thanks for the all the great stuff MGS!

1. My current handicap is 7 and I live in Kent, Ohio. My home course is portage country club in Akron Ohio. 
  2. My 8 iron distance varies between 140-145 yards. I play titleist AP2 718 irons. 
  3. I heard of sub70 golf about six months back from a person I was paired with on a golf trip. He was playing very well with the irons so I asked him about them. He told me the price and I was amazed. He told me he payed 500 for the whole set of irons which was more than half the price I paid for my AP2 irons! He also told me they were the most forgiving irons he had ever played. So I was very interested and contemplated buying a set but thought against it since I had just bought irons 6 months pryer to then. Since then I’ve been interested in sub70 and would love to give them a try. 

4. I also have an Instagram account that gets pretty solid engagement @fezgolf. I would love to document the testing experience and credit mygolfspy. EsG1sKe.png

On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location

1. Handicap - 9.  South Lyon MI

2. Mizuno mp58 Project X 6.0 shafts 8 iron 162.

3.  Only what I have read on social media over the past day or so.

Edited by Dan0421

You can shave more strokes by eliminating 3 putts than you can driving it 300 yards.

On 7/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

1. Handicap and Location

1.) +0.2 Milwaukee, WI

2.) Titleist 620 MB/CB combo (8i = 175)

3.) I have seen pictures of their products but never in person. Overall do not know much about them but would be excited to try them.

1. 18 - McKinney, TX

2. Callaway Mavrik Pro - 8i - 172 Carry

3. Not a Thing 

Ping G410 LST Atmos Tour Black

Tsi2 16.5 Degree HZRDOUS Smoke

Epic 21 Degree Graphite Design AD IZ

4-PW Maverik Pro

Jaws 5 52 and 56

Ping Sigma G Putter 

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic