TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

14 handicap in Colorado Springs, Colorado 

I play taylor made LCG  irons.  I hit my 8iron 165 at sea level, about 175-180 here in the high elevations.  

I no nothing of sub70.  But always looking at anything to improve my game.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

3 handicap, Kaysville, UT

8i, 160yds

Direct to consumer company, innovative designs, black irons!! 😍

Ping Driver & 3 wood, Adams Hybrid, Srixon irons, Mizuno/Callaway/Tmade wedges, Scotty Cam putter

Fluent In Tagalog (Filipino)

On 7/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

1. 5 and Irving, Tx

2. Callaway apex and 155-160

3. Nothing, but I am intrigued by what I just read about them in your post. They look very clean sitting behind the ball

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

1. 5 and Irving, Tx

2. Callaway apex and 155-160

3. Nothing, but I am intrigued by what I just read about them in your post. 

1 - 2 handicap, Springville, Utah

2 - Taylormade P760, 8i - 160 yds

3 - Heard about Sub 70 irons through this forum, love the DTC concept. These are also the best looking irons I've seen in years. Less offset, thinner topline and black PVD finish sounds perfect. Would love to put these in the bag and take them on a test drive.

1. I am an 18 handicap and from Santa Ana, California

2. My current irons are Titleist 718 AP1’s. 8 iron distance is 175. 

3. I have not heard of Sub 70 prior to following mygolfspy on instagram. However, I am a big promoter of supporting new, up and coming golf equipment manufacturing brands. 

1) 3.4, Santa Barbara, Ca 

2) Taylormade Burner 2.0s, Hit my 8 iron 165ds at sea level 😂 

3) I have absolutely zero knowledge or any information on Sub 70. I’m in the market to buying new irons and saw something on Instagram that took me to this thread. 

1.5.2 CA

2.Callaway x forged, 8iron 155yards stock

3. I found about sub 70 via a nice pair of pants found by accident.  The pants were super comfortable and lasted me for a long time

1. Handicap 7.8 from Chicagoland area

2. Mizuno MP15, 8 iron 157yds

3. Made to order company from Sycamore, IL. Owner Jason has been in industry for 20+ years. I have their 3 wood and an interest to see how their irons stack up against Mizuno. 

2.4 Lutz Florida 

8 iron- 165 

i play mizuno mp-15 irons

I haven’t heard of this company personally but my buddies tell me they are quality clubs and i’d love to try them, they look super clean 

Edited by Braden Cecil

1) Handicap - 14.4, live in Orange County, CA

2) Rogue Pro irons; 8 iron = 155-160

3) I currently own a Sub 70 3 wood. After being introduced to them from content creators, I saw more and more customers raving about their products and customer service. Upon reaching out for a demo 3w, I was blown away by the personal touch and effort they put forth. By the time the sound hit my ears from 1st contact at the range, I was sold. ...I ended up buying the demo. I have been looking for reasons to test and put their clubs into other spots in my bag. 

12.1 index in Atlanta

I currently play Mizuno JPX 900 forged with KBS C taper lite shafts. My 8 iron is 140 yard carry

Direct to consumer club that has a cool fitting system online. I am a fan of DTC brands like Snell and am in treated to see how Sub70 play

1. Handicap and Location:  Handicap 5.3 and live in St Louis, MO
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance:  Cobra Forged Black Tec single length irons.  8 Iron distance is 150 yards carry.
  3. What do you know about Sub70?  I know it is a DTC and it gets high marks on MyGolfSpy  🙂

14 handicap, play 2-3 times weekly and practice 3-4 times a week

68 years old. Play Ping Eye 2 + BeCu with Microtaper Stiff shafts.  8 iron 135-140yds.

Also play Calloway Steelhead X-14 with graphite shafts in stiff flex  8 iron, 145-150 yds

I am just learning about the Sub 70 699 pro irons, and would be an unbiased detail oriented tester.  My background is instrumentation technology.   My observations about the performance of these irons would provide specifically detailed data, not vague responses like "they look good and they feel good, I like them a lot. "  What you will get from me would be based on workability, results from off center hits, hits on the toe, hits on the heel, results of thin or fat shots. Backspin from direct center impact shots, and sidespin from off center hits. Loss of distance (or lack thereof) from off-center hits. Feedback from the shaft through the grip and into the hands from off center hits, as well as feedback from direct center impact shots.  Additional observations based on looks, and visual feedback along with confidence created by design elements, weight, balance, color and durability.  I have fitted and assembled irons from components for dozens of golfers  including senior flex, regular and stiff flex dynamic gold shafts.  

On 7/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location- 7.2 index and DFW metroplex Texas
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance- a Taylormade 770 and 155-160
  3. What do you know about Sub70?- not a lot but interested in finding more out

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic