TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

On 7/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location- 7.2 index and DFW metroplex Texas
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance- a Taylormade 770 and 155-160
  3. What do you know about Sub70?- not a lot but interested in finding more out

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

1. 9.8, Moraga, CA
  2. Callaway XR Pro, 150 yds
  3. I read the review on MGS a few months ago and then looked at the website. But no real knowledge of the clubs or company.

Callaway Rogue, 10.5; Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6

Taylor Made R580 3W

Callaway XR 22 degree hybrid

Callaway XR Pro, 5-AW

Taylor Made ATV 54, 58

Taylor Made Tour 61

Odyssey Toulon Design Las Vegas 33.5

Pro V1

On 7/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

4 handicap Schaumburg, Il

srixon Z forged, 8 iron 175

The Company is about providing the best possible equipment to golfers without sacrifices. 

4.3 handicap. Omaha, NE

Current irons: Mizuno MP-20 - 8 iron distance: 155

The only time I’ve heard of Sub70 was from MyGolfSpy. I’d love to try out this company and see how it stacks up against the big boys! 

Ping G410 LST

Mizuno MP-20

Vokey SM8

Evnroll ER2B

1. I am a 11 handicap who lives i Chicago IL

2.My current irons are Mizuno MP Irons my 8 iron goes about 170 yrds

3.I have never heard of Sub 70 before  but I would love to try them out.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap 5 Turlock, CA
  2. Current Irons Wilson Staff of your 62/ Mizuno MP-25 and 8-iron distance 160-170 carry 
  3. What do you know about Sub70? I have read articles and ALMOST pulled the trigger on purchases with the 60 day money back guarantee and I understand the owner Jason is hands on and I think that is a great idea being a DTC, also seen them do fittings on YouTube and other outlets. Very much looking into new tech and giving a local company biz vs. The " big guy" Thank you for the opportunity. Still have my indoor range set up in the garage ready to rock!

Probably around a 20-25 handicap, just outside Sacramento CA

Playing Nike slingshot 4d's 😬, 8 iron ~145-150.  Been playing them well over a decade now & am strongly considering a change, have been watching sets from more traditional brands on ebay & not liking the prices of even used ones.

Just hearing about sub70 but am intrigued by them now as i have seen other newer to market entities attempting to be more financially friendly & approachable for consumers that have piqued my interest.  The clubs look great in the photos.

KMac the duffer, the chronicles of a hacker trying to break 90.

1. 5 - Detroit
  2. 699's - 8 iron - 155
  3. Their products are great and Jason is great to work with. They are putting out quality clubs at a fraction of the cost and their stuff flat out performs.

Mike here, being a tub spy myself, except my ice cream melted here in California.  

Down to a 15 handicap looking to break into the 70’s on Sunday. Playing 3 days a week has done wonders for my game. 

I am currently gaming the Cobra Fly Z Pro Blades from Fowler, and hit my 8 iron 143 and would like to try a larger sweet spot. I have never played a game improvement club and probably should try some  

Sub 70 from what I know is a direct to consumer brand that takes out the compromises in its business model. They want to bring please on the course and your wallet without sacrificing technology. Bring it on, I was looking to buy or test the Cobra Forge Tec, but I like this idea even better. 

I would love to share my experiences along with some beautiful photos and some Arccos stats. It’s could be the Tub Spy Sub 80/70 Connect Challenge. I mean I’m breaking 80, but my goal is to break 70!

🍻it’s emoji day! 😂

WITB Cobra F9 Speed Back w/Fujikura Atmos x70 black, Cobra 🐍 Fly Z Pro Irons 4-PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60.04L(thanks MGS for the lesson), Ping Ketsch Putter, Ping Pioneer Bag, Tri Swivel II Cart. 

1. Handicap- 15 | Lawrenceville, GA

2. Cobra Forged Tour, 155 yd 8 Iron

3. I know they are a DTC company and that you can call the owner directly. 

Handicap is 0.7.

im currently using cobra king pro combo set and hit my 8 iron 160 yards.

i know they are a boutique company with a great product and direct to consumer marketing. Very high quality clubs from my minimal testing and can’t wait to see this company grow.

9.8 Kansas City, MO

MP20 mmc 8 iron-165

I know virtually nothing about sub70 outside of the MGS article from a few months ago.

MP20 MMC

5.2 handicap LeMars IA

2017 P790 stock 8 iron is 155

I know they make quality stuff and when i posted my #beyourownbrand set up they tweeted and said they could fill my gaps

I’m a 1 handicap from Rockford Illinois 

current irons the 716 ap2’s 8 iron distance is 145 

Sub 70 is local not far from me me down in sycamore Illinois love the look of their stuff they have a great mid mallet out I am looking at buying if they can make it 2 degrees flat for me. Love the model of offering a great product at a fraction of the price from the big name as a high school golf coach I’ve been recommending them to players and families looking to upgrade their equipment and not break the bank their stuff is great and would love to test these irons and compare them to my trusty ap2’s the sub 70’s look great and would love to test them and give my feedback! 

1. 7 and located in San Francisco, CA

2. 8 iron = 165 yards, playing Mizuno JPX 919 tour

3. I know very little about them. I play with a couple club pros and they mentioned I should look at Sub70 and said the service is unbelievable. I play about 3 times per week and go to the driving range another two days. I would like to test them out and see how they feel, sound, and ball flight. Also test sign and shot shaping. 

joe

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic