TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

1. 25 handicap in St. Louis MO

2. Ping G20 with a 8 iron to 160

3. I haven’t heard too much about them, expect what has been on mygolfspy.com in the past. But being able to come in under the price point of “main stream” brands and still having the solid performance that you would expect from a more well known brand is what the industry needs. Flashier isn’t always better. Hopefully these clubs can get newer, younger players into the game without sacrificing distance and control for the price point. 

I don't currently have a handicap--just started playing again after @ 2 year layoff to coach rugby.  Which is currently not happening.  I live in Fairfax Virginia, my scores have been in the mid eighties at a local course which is reasonably easy to play.  I play Ping i500s, a well struck 8 iron carries @ 155.  I had not heard of sub zero before this--which makes me the ideal evaluator!  I am also not looking to change my irons...necessarily--which again makes me a good evaluator.  

Callaway x460 proforce purple and gold, stiff

Sub 70 3 wood, 5 wood, hybrid,

New level irons--623 mforged 5-g

elevate 95 r shaft

Mizuno SW

Seemore putter

My name is John Mansmann.  Go by Jack

My current GHIN Handicap is 5.4.

I mostly play in Clemson, SC at the Walker Course on the Clemson University campus.

My eight iron distance is right at 145 yds.

Have not heard of this brand of clubs.

When I lived in Boca Raton, FL I did many golf club and ball testing for companies.  

I provide on time feedback that is significant with insight for analysis.

1) +0.1 Lexington SC

2) Srixon z-forged 8-iron = 165 yds

3) I’ve seen a couple of wedges around and like the look but never had the chance to hit them or the irons. Here’s my chance!!

11.6  Delaware, OH

PXG 0211  165 Yards

i have heard about these irons on a few FaceBook groups. Everyone who has shared them has commented about how clean they look and how well they react off the face and fly. I know customer service is a must for sub 70 and that they want you satisfied as a consumer. Unlike most big companies who could careless and just want you to buy the product. 

1. 12.9 handicap Milwaukee, WI
  2. I currently play Mizuno MP-53s, and my full 8 iron distance is about 160 yards
  3. I know Sub70 sells direct to consumers at lower prices than other brands. I learned about them earlier this season through my golf spy and their testing, and they appear to hold up well against their competition. 

Driver: Taylormade R1

3W and 5W: Tour Edge Exotics CB4

4H: Adams Tight Lies 2

5i-PW: Mizuno MP-53

52, 56, 60: Mizuno MP-10

Putter: Ping Anser 5 Milled

19 handicap San Antonio Texas

Burner plus irons 8 iron 165

I have been looking at the sub 70 irons for about a month now was looking at getting some but have not pulled the trigger yet would love to test them 

Burner plus irons 4-pw, cbx wedges, Cleveland putter, Cobra f8 5wood, burner 3 wood and driver.

1) 9 handicap, Pittsburgh PA

2) Taylor Made R9s - 8 iron 160

3) I know Sub70 is a direct-to-consumer company challenging big-name brands. It is a compelling company for golfers seeking custom-made, tour-quality clubs, at an affordable price, with an emphasis on local craftsmanship, and the added bonus of forging a more personal connection with one's club-maker. The company carries a solid reputation and its business model is closely watched as a possible future for club manufacturing.

On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

Handicap 20

Marlboro, New Jersey

Titleist 712CB

8 iron - 135 yds

I have not heard about the company before but always looking and interested in to learning about new gold equipment and technology associated with new products.

• 2 hdcp Carmel, IN
  • Mizuno MP-18 MMC 8i 165yds
  • I know Sub 70 is owned by the guy who runs Hurricane Golf, which I buy from every now and then. I’ve heard they have fantastic customer service. 

1. 8.1 index 

2. Callaway x22 (have a 639 7 iron demo currently from sub70) 8 iron 165

3. I’ve read quite a bit about the company over the last few years. Recently made my first trip to the warehouse to be fitted for some clubs with Jason. Biggest and most important thing I know to this point is they are great to their customers/potential customers. Engaging, thoughtful and very personable. Would love to be able to help this company grow in any way I can 

WOW...and the hits keep coming!! Hats off to our MGS staff for coordinating all these testing opportunities.  👏

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

1) Mark, I’m a 9.6 index, Highland Park IL.

2) Cleveland tour TA7 (I know, don’t laugh). 8 iron 155-160.

3) I know Sub 70 are made here in IL and their customer service is top notch. Their products can match up with the best of the big names and a fraction of the cost. Great demo program too. 

I have a 15 handicap last time I check and I'm located in Bel Alton, Maryland.

Currently I play the Mizuno MP-54 and they feel like butter on a crisp shot.  My 8 iron will go 160 yards.

To be honest I have never heard of them, but the direct to the consumer is the way of the future.  The price and coming in front of big companies in last years players distance test category is a big thing especially with these big companies claiming every year to have a newer and better player distance iron.  From just look at video's and going over their website this it one small business that I will for a fact be supporting in the future.

1. 2 HDCP, Louisiana

2.  Srixon Z785, 8 iron- 150

3.  I first discovered Sub 70 irons at an independent fitting center.  I had never heard of them at the time, but the irons looked and felt amazing.  Performance was just as good if not better than what was in my bag.  The factory direct model leap frogs the middle man, and provides the opportunity to purchase superior quality products in which Jason Hiland meticulously designs and builds.  I would cherish the opportunity to test the 699 Pro.

Driver- Callaway Mavrik- Accra TZ6

3 Wood- Callaway Mavrik- Riptide

Hybrid- Ping G410

Irons- Srixon Z785

Wedges- Vokey SM8

Putter- Piretti Cottonwood

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic