TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

11 hcp; Quartz Hill, CA

Mizuno MP32 8i avg 163-5

1st heard of Sub 7O via the May MGS review back in May, and more recently by doing my own online research. These are especially interesting to me as I have been wanting to replace my tired old MP32’s for a few years now, but frankly cost is the major factor. I’m specifically looking for a players Iron, that’s workable, forgiving, and more technologically advanced like the Sub 7O 699 PRO’s 5-PW to bag.

Current Bag....

Titleist 913 D3 8.5* Stiff

Mizuno F60 4FW

Titleist 818 3Hyb XS

Honma TW747 4Hyb XS

Mizuno MP32s, 5-PW, TTDGS100

Titleist SM6 50, 54, 60 Wedges

TA Impact #2 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

1) Handicap .5, Phoenix, AZ

2) Titliest AP2, 8 iron distance 165-170

3) I’ve seen Sub70 products before despite them being a newer, smaller company. Since this forum started I’ve done a little research on their website. Their products seem to be very clean looking and look like they can be a competitor in the golf market. 
Their clubs seem to be priced on the lower end which is an interesting factor. I’d love to see a company be able to put out quality material at HALF the average cost of most iron sets today. 
Coming from someone that plays irons from one of the most popular club manufacturers in the world I am never opposed to trying new company’s and the technology and products they have to offer. 

1. I am a 6 handicap who lives in San Clemente, California 

2. I play Callaway Apex forged 4-GW. I hit my 8 iron 145.

3. Frankly, I know very little about sub 70 but what I do know about the company is from this site. I am impressed with their desire to create quality products at a affordable price. Golf clubs have gotten way to expensive and it would be nice to start buying clubs from a company dedicated to making new clubs more affordable 

On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

1. Handicap is 4.2. Pawleys Island, SC and St. Louis, MO.

2. TaylorMade SLDR / 8 iron 138 yards

3. Newer direct to consumer company. Their goal is top-quality equipment at a very competitive price.

1. I am an 12 handicap based out of Phoenix, AZ, but play all over the west coast. 

2. Currently playing TaylorMade 2011 CB Tour Preferred. 8 iron is the 165 yard club. 

3. I have been playing Sub70 Raw wedges for a few months now and have enjoyed every round with them. I also LOVE the look of the raw steel when the surface corrosion starts. The customer service has been out of this world. Had my 50* club head fly off mid round due to a bad batch of epoxy. Called them and they immediately sent a new one to replace it, no questions asked. Would love to play more of their clubs! 

Handicap:17

Currently playing:. Ping ISI and Armour 845

8 iron distance: 140-145

I honestly don't know too much, except that they draw phenomenal reviews. And perhaps more importantly, they have an incredibly strong reputation for customer service.  (That's very important to me. I am a quality and reliability engineer)

Skip

1) 8 hcp in Keller, TX

2) Scratch Golf EZ-1 / 8i 165yds

3) don’t know a lot, but last few sets of clubs have been start-ups (Scratch and Tour Edge Exotics)...I have a set of Maxfli Australian Blades that I play with quite a bit too. Love the brands that don’t have to pay players to get them to carry in the bag Thursday-Sunday. 

1. 5, Chicago IL
  2. Nike VR Pro combo(blade 8 iron) 155-160 yards
  3. I follow them on twitter and have loved their club designs over the years and have wanted to try them out, but never had a chance. 

thanks for the opportunity

🧐

2 handicap , Warrensville Hts., Oh

Titleist TMB 8i - (168 - 175)

Sub 70 - never heard of them previously. They look amazing and I would love to give them a solid play.

Edited by Mr L
Needed to add location & current irons
  1. Handicap and Location: +0.6
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance: Taylormade P750's with C-Taper Lite, 155-160 yards
  3. What do you know about Sub70? I know a lot about them. I am actually visiting their headquarters next week to get the pro I caddie for hit for some and demoing some of their equipment. I have been in contact with the CEO and he is an awesome guy with a sweet direct-to-consumer model. 

M5 Taylormade w/Hazrds Yellow (small batch)

Ping G410 Hybrid w/Evenflow protoype

Taylormade 4-PW P-750 w/C-Taper Lite 

Taylormade HiToe 50, 54, 60 w/project-x 

Scotty Squareback or Spyder X 

1. Handicap and Location -   18 Warren, Michigan
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance  165 Cobra SSI - in process of getting Fit for new Irons likely ping g710 or Cobra Tech Forged 
  3. What do you know about Sub70? What I know is they are trying to break into the market and don't care to make left handed clubs,  too bad they look like attractive offerings at bargin prices , guess ill have to spend my money elsewhere 
Edited by ToDblD
forgot 8 iron distance
  • GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic