TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

1. 12 handicap. Austin, Texas.
  2. Titleist API 712 irons. 8-Iron distance is 160. 
  3. I recently clicked on an ad or promo from them, didn’t know about them prior to the ad. 

1. Handicap and Location

15, Honolulu HI

2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance

Nike Vapor Pro Combos AW-4. Cleveland CBX2 Wedges

8iron distance: 137-150 yards

3. What do you know about Sub70?

Nothing, meaning no preconceived opinions, or thoughts, complete clean slate for a fair and unbiased review.

1- 5 handicap

2- current irons mizuno mp-64 And my 8 iron is my 160 club  I hit it generally 160ish with just a stock swing
3- I was turned onto sub 70 a while back by a guy I got paired with at sweetens cove. I started following what they’re doing closely and love what they’re doing with direct pricing and making a quality product for golfers  I am actually in the market for some new irons  I was going to start looking after this season  sub 70 and the new Hogan’s had my eye, but the Hogan’s lost out when I found out they don’t have a 3 iron  I’m an iron guy and wish I could have a 1&2 iron. 

On 7/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

I am a 12 handicap

Jackson, ms Patrick Farms

PXG 2nd gen

8 ioron 165

I know nothing about sub70

I am a 10 handicap. Playing out of Magnolia Green near Richmond Virginia. 

I play Callaway Apex Pros and hit my 8 iron 145 yards. I was recently fitted for a set of Srixon Z585’s, but they have not been delivered yet. 

I have not heard of Sub 70 irons, but am very interested in learning more. I am a tinkerer when it comes to my golf game, so I think this would be a lot of fun. 

1. Hdcp 2.9 St. Paul, MN

2. Mike Vapor Fly Pro, 8i 165

3. A direct to consumer company. I have spent time researching their offerings after learning a out them from this website. 

1) course handicap is 8 at Highland Oaks (RTJ Golf Trail) in Dothan, Alabama.  USGA handicap index is 11.9

2) current irons Mizuno JPX919 Forged (recently switched from TM P790).  8 iron distance ~135 yards.   

3) learned about Sub 70 from Mygolfspy most wanted clubs article.  Watched a few reviews on YouTube.  

Still looking for first hole in one

Brad Gollhardt, 5.3 Index, Middletown, DE

Callaway Apex ‘19, 145 yds

this is the first I have heard of Sub70, but after reading some more I am quite interested    Always looking for the next hot the next hot thing. 

Some days I still have it . . .

7.9 and live in Whitehall,  Mich

My current irons are Taylormade M6's 2 degrees upright.  My 8 iron is my 150 club. I am a fan of Sub 70 and other companies with a similar business model selling directly to the consumer having owned several Tour Edge drivers and fairway woods and a set of irons from them. 

1. Handicap 18 from Wellesley, MA

2. Tourstage irons, 135 carry distance with my 8-iron

3. I was interested in hearing the good performance of the Sub 70 iron from a Korean friend. I want to feel good performance myself.

17.5 handicap in Rohnert Park Ca

PXG Gen 1 with nippon modus125 tours

8 iron is about 165 yards.

They are a DTC brand that I hear good things about.  I am curious about how they feel compared to my PXGs?

:cobra-small: Radspeed 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Black 6x

:cobra-small:Radpeed 3W  

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0317X Gen 2 Hybrid 3 19° Fujikura Pro 2.0 7x

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311X Gen 1  4-GW -Nippon Modus 125x Tour

:titelist-small: Vokey SM8 56°, 60°

:titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Concept CX-02

1. 7.7hcp Lefty; Augusta, GA.

2. Ping i3 Blades - 8 iron 155

3. Followed them and other small brands for several years. Have watched them grow and have wanted Lefty clubs for years from them! Can’t wait to try the 699 Pro! 

Par is better than most!

6 Handicap- Okc, Oklahoma/ Been playing since 1989

8 iron 173ish yards- Titleist 735cm forged w project x 6.5 shafts

I've heard nothing previously of this company. This article is the first I'm learning about it. Sounds great!

Handicap 7.9 living in Houston Texas. 

I hit my current 8 iron 155 stock. It is a callaway x forged 2007 with project x 6.5 shafts. 

I knew almost nothing about their brand until earlier this year but have seen their presence on social media a ton. Especially on r/golf on reddit. I really like the look of the clubs and would enjoy testing them for mygolfspy 

This would be an amazing giveaway. I have buoyed your podcasts and testing info over the past six months when I joined my golf spy. 

1. I am a 6.4 and live in Green Bay, Wisconsin

2. I hit my 8 iron 165 yds and was fit for Ping i500’s last fall and wish I had heard of this company prior to my fitting. 

3. I know quite a bit about them and purchased their pro 3 wood and sycamore putter from them last month. Clubs seem to have very good quality and their customer service is second to none. 

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic