TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

1. 7, Hendersonville, TN
  2. TaylorMade P790, 155 yds
  3. Direct to Consumer, Purchased 939X based on MyGolfSpy Most Wanted List - hybrid feel and playability is fantastic...very curious as to how their irons stack up.

Flashes of brilliance constantly disrupted by reality

Driver = Taylormade M5

3 Wood = Titleist 915F

Hybrid = Sub Zero 939X

Irons = TaylorMade P790

Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

1. 9 hcdp Bristol Tn.

2. Mizuno 919 hot metal pro tour

I hit the 8 iron 135 yds shafts are fibresteel i80 reg

3. Nothing but love small companies entering into the Golf arena. The picture of the sub 70 is beautiful.

I would appreciate the opportunity to test these irons

All the best

epic flash 10.5 reg shaft green diamana

3 wood xr best club

1. I am an 11 HC residing in Searcy, Arkansas.

2. I currently play Giga golfs Pursuit C510's and M510's. 8 iron flies 160.

3. I paid particularly close attention to Sub 70 as paying for name brand clubs is just not an option. I currently play Pursuit irons as mentioned prior which I'm sure not many have heard of and the quality of a no name brand such as Giga had opened my eyes to smaller manufacturers out there that understand the value of quality and price. 

13 hdcp

Ap2 8 iron 165

Been looking to upgrade don't know alot about your company. Played the Mizuno JPEZ a few rounds but didn't get the distance I was looking for and flight was a bit to high. If your looking for a real unbiased opinion I'm your guy. I'm 6'6" and would play an 1 1/2 over standard with a slight adjustment to the toe. Thanks for the consideration and good luck with you company!!!

1. 11ish and Bentonville, Ar
  2. Taylormade P790's - 160-170
  3. Not a whole lot, I've seen them on IG.

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

I'm a 10 /11 Hdcp and have been for over 20 yrs. I just replaced my 1994 Hogan Apex Channel Back iron's with the Mizuno JPX 919 Forged. I play 3-SW my Hogan's were 1-SW.

I would love the opportunity to try this set of iron's. I'm retired and play Golf 2 to 3 time's a week 10 months a year.

Handicap:7.5.  I currently play Titleist AP2 irons, 3-LW.  My 8 iron travels 145 yards.   I've never heard of your company but I test all major manufacturers yearly at demo days.  You piqued my interest.  If I did the same, let's tee it up!  

1. 14 handicap and I live in Lancaster County, PA

2. Wilson C300 forged, I use my 8 iron on distances of 155-165

3. With regards to Sub 70, I know that they are based in Sycamore, IL and are an up and coming direct to consumer band who is getting very good reviews all over the internet. People have raved about their attention to detail, customer service and of course value. They won best value on MGS in multiple categories (fairway wood and hybrid) and we're among the top half of performers in the players distance iron and mallet putter testing (data just released). When looking for new clubs last fall I was considering the 699 irons but was afraid they might be a bit to similar to the TM P790 which I did not seem to hit well. I am hoping with the more compact design I might hit this style/design of club better.

I would love the opportunity to compare the 2019 #4 players distance iron head to head against the #6 players distance iron in order to give readers a fair comparison/review of these two irons in this category!

Josh

On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

10 handicap, Ann Arbor MI

Current irons are wilson staff V4. Stock 8 iron distance of 150 usd

I have heard of Sub 70, really like the look of all of the irons. Especially the cavity backs. If these pro 699s look and feel good would be a great new set of irons to put in the bag

1. My handicap is 12. I reside in Spring Hill Florida. 

2. I currently use Cobra F Maxx Irons. I hit my 8 iron about 145ish. 

3. Honestly, I don't know anything, but if the clubs and value are good, then I would definitely like to!

1. Handicap is 14.7, Modesto CA

2. Callaway X-20 irons, 155 yard 8 iron

3. I had not heard about Sub 70 until I was forwarded an email to apply to be a tester.  I have a couple clubs from a DTC company and have enjoyed them and the customer service that comes with a DTC compaby.

1. Handicap 12. Philadelphia, PA.

2. Titleist T300. 8 iron distance 150 yds.

3. Have only heard about Sub70 through this forum, but just checked out their website. Very intrigued.

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5° Mitsubishi Tensei AV Series Blue 55 SFW R

:titelist-small: TS2 15° Mitsubishi Tensei AV Series Blue 65 R

:titelist-small: TS2 19° Mitsubishi Tensei AV Series Blue 70HY R

:titelist-small: T300 4-PW, W48 True Temper Steel AMT Red R

:taylormade-small: Tour Preferred 52.09 KBS Tour-V

:taylormade-small: Tour Preferred 56° ATV Grind KBS Tour-V

:odyssey-small: O-Works Black #1 33"

:titelist-small: Pro V1 Yellow

1) 6 out of Rochester, NY

2) currently play KZG Forged Evolution 3 with KBS Tour Stiff shafts. 8 iron flies 155

3) not a whole lot, I know they are direct to consumer but that's about it

Edited by mwthomas10

1. 5 handicap. Burlingame CA

2. 165 8 iron. Taylormade RAC TP combo 

3 know a little about the Company but would love to learn more. I know it’s a direct to customer club golf club company. Looking for a new set of MB irons too. Totally open to non name brand names if the look and feel is right 

1.  9 handicap in Utah

2.  Adams MB2 blades 8 iron 175

3. That company is new to me, but I'm interested in a new set of irons

I'm always looking for the "not like all the rest" golf equipment. Not many play Adams blades with C130 x shafts, and still have a Cleveland 2 iron in the bag

13 hdcp in Bluffton SC. Love the game & constantly searching for the ideal irons. They look great, terrific name. Would love to try them-could be gamers!

C58D611A-648C-474D-A371-78A7BEE62B2F.jpeg

SIM 10.5 driver/ Callaway Ric flash 3W/ Ping G700 irons/ Vokey50/54/58

1.) 1.8 handicap in Niota,TN

2.) Titleist 670 blades. Lofts and lies set to standard from 2003 every Spring. 160 yard carry distance.

3.) I’ve been learning more about Sub 70 and have thought about giving them a spin many times. Fact is, I’m a former competitive player and now only play around 40-50 rounds a year. I’m a fair weather player, mainly. I continue trying to justify buying new irons and Sub 70 gives you a GREAT looking product at a WAY better price point than the competitors. I’d love to be selected to give me the excuse to just BUY THEM!!!

1. +3.5 live in Alpha,NJ

2. Stock 8 iron is 175

3. I do not know much about their company. I have played muscle backs throughout my whole career mainly classic looking blades vr pros, titleist 680 mbs, taylormade mb tp, and currently playing a set of Vega's. Which will let me provide some much needed comparison and provide some solid feedback on these clubs. They do look sweet in pictures though and I would really enjoy the chance to try them out.

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic