TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

Hdcp +1.1

ping i210 8 iron 153

Raleigh, NC

performed middle of pack in last years best players iron category. DTC model. Jason Hiland is owner, company is reputed to have best in class customer service. Typically receive a hand written note with purchase. Company has full equipment line of irons, woods, wedges, putters. Known for affordability and high value, as you can get a full set of clubs with upgraded shafts, grips, ect for <$700 all in. I could go on.

Edited by Shale1979
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

1. 2 handicap; Albuquerque, NM

2. MP-20 HMB; 160 yards

3. I know they're a direct-to-consumer brand. The first I heard of them was in your most wanted player's distance iron. I ended up with the MP-20 HMB because it was what the clubfitting outfit could fit me to. But I'd love to give the Sub70 a run.

1 handicap San Francisco, Ca

8 iron Ping S55 with 120 x100 DG hit it 155

i have seen sub70 on social media and through forums.  Clubs look cool and it’s direct to customer.  I have had limited exposure to the products but they look sweet.  I love the look of the wedges and would love the opportunity to see what the company is about and try the irons.  Been waiting to game a true artisan blade for a while! Would grab the opportunity!

Hello everyone,

1.  I am a 15 handicap from Arizona.

2.  My current irons are Mizuno hot metal pro’s and I hit my 8  iron  150 yards. 

3. I am in the market for new irons and really want to get away from mainstream hype irons and try irons that are functional hand will improve my game and performance. I am really hoping to have an opportunity to test the sub70 irons. 

Love my sub70 699 irons and proud to be part of the sub70 family. Can’t wait to see how they perform for you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue

3 Wood: :adams-small: Insight BUL Stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

52 Deg:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

56 deg: :cleveland-small: Reg 588 tour action

60 Deg: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

Putter:bettinardi-small: Studio Stock #3 (Winn 1.32 Pro x grip)

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Handicap and Location

1.7 index. DFW, Texas

Current Irons and 8-iron distance

Callaway Apex / X-Forged combo set. 160 yard 8-iron. 

What do you know about Sub70?

Not much, to be honest. I've never seen a set in person, but they do look nice online. I believe they're trying to deliver quality gear for a reasonable cost. Consider me curios.

Edited by gnomesteel

Whittemore IA 12 handicap.

I am playing Calloway razor x forged irons and my 8 iron is 150-155. 160 is I really gun at it and this is carry distance. 

first time hearing about irons. Always looking to improve my game.

1) 22 handicap, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin

2) TaylorMade Burner Plus irons, 8-iron distance is 135 yards. I have played these irons for a long time, and am now realizing that golf technology is improving to the point that a new set might be in order.

3) I have read about Sub70 in a few online reviews, seen some YouTube videos, and definitely appreciate their business model and focus on customer service. As someone who looks for clubs and golf equipment at reasonable prices, this is a company that appeals to me. I also like that they are located fairly locally to me (in Illinois), and I am a proponent of seeing a smaller, Midwestern business succeed.

The fact that you receive a handwritten letter from the manufacturer in the box with your clubs says a lot about their commitment to quality and pride in their work.

Edited by sroel908

What's In My  :nike-small: Xtreme Sport IV Carry Stand Bag:

:nike-small: Vapor Fly (9.5*) Driver

:cobra-small: Baffler XL 3 Wood

:taylormade-small: Burner Rescue 3 Hybrid

:cobra-small: F8 5 Hybrid

:taylormade-small: Burner Plus Irons (5-SW)

:cobra-small: Trusty Rusty 51* Wedge

:wilson_staff_small: 8862 Putter

:srixon-small: Q Star Tour Ball

• Handicap and Location
    • 14 - Lester, IA
  • Current Irons and 8-iron distance
    • Mizuno JPX919 Tour - 165 yards
  • What do you know about Sub70?
    • I know they seem to score well enough to make the top of the page on your club reviews. I own a couple clubs from them and they seems to perform to my standards generally.

1. 17 handicap, located in Plano Tx

2. Cobra f8 one length, 8 iron distance is 165 yards 

3. I have never heard of sub70 before.

10, Irvine, CA

Titleist 718 AP2, 160 yards

I know they are a solid direct to consumer brand who is striving to deliver a premium product (but not make any groundbreaking promises) at a more approachable price. Their company seems to focus more on quality, precision, and customer service instead of flashy advertising and groundbreaking performance improvements. 

+2 San Antonio, TX

Ping G700 165 Yards

I became aware of Sub70 based on the Most Wanted testing.  After doing some further research and seeing the customer service stories, I decided to reach out.  Literally got a call the next day from Jason Hiland, the CEO.  I Being VERY particular about my clubs, I was instantly impressed.   Looking forward to learning more.  

Which bag are we talking about? 
Driver:  TS4 8.5 44.75 GD Tour AD BB 7s tipped 1.5”

3 wood:  PXG 0341x Gen 2 PX 42.75 Handcrafted 6.5 tipped .5”

Hybrid: TS2 19 PX 6.5 Tipped .5”

Irons:  Ping G700 4-9 PX 6.5

Wedges:  SM8 46/50/54/60 Jet black with finished removed for rust finish 

D4F873B8-111A-461A-943D-0810CE07B860.jpeg

1. 9.6- Newtown, PA

2. Current irons are Callaway Apex CF16.  8 iron 135 yards average according to Arccos stats 

3. I remember reading about their company in the past (probably on this site and noticed they made the most wanted list.  I've been playing more golf then ever since lockdown since it's the only thing we're really allowed to do.  Would love the opportunity to put these clubs through their paces

1. 7 Handicap from Dalton, Ohio 
  2. Miura TC-201 and 8-iron distance is 180-190
  3. I cannot say I know anything about these clubs or this company. I have never done any research on them nor heard anyone talk about them. So I do not know anything about them which is what interests me about them.

:918457628_PrecisionPro:-NX9 HD slope

:scotty-small:-Newport 2.5

:vokey-small:-Sm8 (50,56,60)

:Miura:=4-PW TC-201

:titelist-small:-3 Wood --TS3 15 degree 

:callaway-small:-Driver --Mavrik Sub Zero

Hcp: 10 - Columbus, Ohio 

Mizuno MP 62 irons - 8 iron 155

I don’t know much about the company but would love to learn more about a budding brand with an opportunity to objectively test first hand!

13 and trending downward as the short game comes along. Located in Thousand Oaks, CA.

My current irons are Taylormade P790s. 8 iron distance is about 170-175.

I know a little about the company, having read MGS articles on them and reading about them in the forums. I think the DTC model is fascinating, especially if it leads to competition with the major OEMs. I’m a high school coach, so any time I see someone trying to make golf more affordable I have to check it out!

Edited by jddaigneault
Forgot 8 iron distance.
  • Like 1

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

- 2 handicap - Washington State
- Mizuno MP 18 MB/SC - 8 iron 165 yards
- I know they are direct to consumers and always seem to perform well when tested by people.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic