TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

Handicap 3

Live in Switzerland

Former scratch golfer playing Apex 19 Pro. Have tested many clubs and am familiar with evaluations. I've also built clubs for 25 plus years. I'd be happy to test. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

1. 20 HDCP in Los Angeles, CA
  2. Currently gaming Callaway Mavrik Irons / 8 iron distance is 150 Yards
  3. Based on what I have read online and heard from podcasts, they are a DTC company looking to disrupt the market with top quality clubs at less than major name brand prices. I was looking into a 3W from Sub70 so testing an iron set from them would be a good segway to getting other clubs from sub70 into the bag!

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Woods : TESTING :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Kanibi CBD Products Tester

Handicap 18, PB Dye, Maryland

Callaway Razr X Black, 8 iron 145

I first heard of Sub 70 through this forum.  I was more intrigued by the constant praise of their customer service and the extra mile they seem to go with their customers. I've been shopping for my next set of irons and taking copious notes on my current setup for comparison.

I am a 13 handicap out of Southern California. More specifically, Whittier, CA

I game Mizuno MP-4’s and I carry my 8i 160-165 yds. 

I know very little about SUB 70 but I am interested in learning more. 

1. Handicap and Location: 20; Virginia
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance: PXG; 156
  3. What do you know about Sub70? Totally transparent, I know nothing about Sub70

Handicap=13 in Bentonville,Ar

irons are Adams A7--- 8 iron is 145

yes to following Sub70 golf.  Always reading reviews and wanting to try them. Are they better than Hogans?  Would like to find out for me and my son who hits Mizuno 919 forged

M1, #nolimiTS

1. Handicap: 22. Location: Cincinnati, OH

2. Clubs: Taylormade RAC, 8i distance 160 yards

3. I had not heard about them before reading about them in mygolfspy. However, I will be looking more into them as I search for some new irons. 

1. Handicap 20, Indianapolis, IN
  2. Top Flight Aero, 8 iron, 120-130 total yards
  3. Never heard of them. 

Just tested the Callaway Mavrik and the TaylorMade Sim Max (7 irons). So I would be interested in seeing how they match up. 

1. handicap 4.1 index and live in Richmond, Virginia

2.currently play Srixon Z 765's with Vokey wedges....... 150 yrds carry with my 8 iron

3. Don't know anything about Sub 70.  Always interested in new companies and technology in the golf world.  Recently retired, so I have been able to focus more on my game.  i would love to give these a try.

On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

Dreux Daumer:

Current Handicap: 20

Current irons: Callaway RazrHawk; eight iron distance- 130-140 yards  (Definitely due for an update)

i honestly do not know anything about Sub70; I had seen a mention of the company in MyGolfSpy, but no additional knowledge. 

18 and Skokie IL
Callaway Apex 19 and 140 carry.
I know that Sub 70 is in Sycamore IL and it's about halfway to my brothers house in Amboy. If selected I'd be happy to stop by for a fitting. 🙂

-ckeller52

What's in the bag? This is....
IRONS         default_callaway-small.jpg.8d98a06e9125f12a694e88ffcbab3e58.jpg  Apex 19 5-AW NIPPON NS950 S
3 & 4 Irons   Maltby TS-1 Forged NIPPON NS950 S 
WEDGES      PING   Glide 2.0 Stealth 54° & 58° SS
DRIVER       default_taylormade-small.jpg.8a4a9b2a2fac6fe087f1c8c5cb704dbe.jpg  M6 FUJIKURA TSG PRO XLR8 61 S
3 WOOD      default_taylormade-small.jpg.8a4a9b2a2fac6fe087f1c8c5cb704dbe.jpg  M6 OBAN ISAWA RED 75 04
HYBRIDS     cobra King F9 Speedback 3&4  KBS TOUR HB GRAPHITE 75 R
PUTTER      Evnroll-01_1.jpg.c44279091062836814d5f5119fc252ea.jpg ER2cs 370gr The Stability Shaft
Lamkin       Sonar+ Tour Calibrate Standard Golf Grips
I also use Garmin Approach S62 and TecTecTec Range Finder.
And a SkyTrak launch monitor for the three times a week or so I hit the mat. 

Baytown Texas, 10 handicap

srixon z565 - 8iron - 175

i have seen a few ads from them, but honestly don’t know anything about them 

Swing hard in case you hit it!

1. 0.7 Rockville, MD
  2. MP-18 MCC, 8i (36*)= 170 yds
  3. Not much.  Small DTC company that manufactures golf products that have performed well in MGS testing at generally a lower price point.

Driver: TM SIM 8* HZDRUS (Smoke Green 60 6.5 45.75")

3w: TM M5 Rocket 14* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Flex 43.25")

3i: Callaway Epic Pro (DG X100 AMT 39.0") or 3Hyb: X2 hot Pro (Diamana white board 80 X-Flex)

4-PW: Mizuno MP-18 MMC (DG X100 AMT +0.5" 2* upright)

50*/55*/61*: Cleveland RTX-3 Raw (DG X100 AMT +0.5" 2* upright)

Putter: EVNROLL ER2 Midblade Black (33.5"  Pingman grip)

Right-Handed

Rockville, MD

HCP: 0.7

I m a 21 handicap living in selbyville De. 

Currently play Callaway XR Steelheads and hit my 8 iron 125 yards

I dont know very much about Sub 70 other then they are a direct to consumer company trying to keep golf a bit more affordable for the average player

1. I'm a +8 handicap in Rolla, Missouri.

2. I play amp cell pros, and I hit my eight iron 170 yards. 

3. Sub 70 provides quality golf clubs, at affordable prices, direct to the consumer, that consistently perform well in most wanted testing.

2017 m1 440---43"

Mizuno jpx 5 wood-- 2" short

Srixon zu45 2 iron--2"short

Amp cell pro 4-P-- 1.5" short

Cleveland rtx3 wedges

Evenroll Er2 putter

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic