TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

+15 handicap and im located in Henderson, KY

I currently play speedblade irons. My 8i distance is between 165 and 170 yards.

I do know somebody who has a few of their clubs. They enjoy them and indicated they had top notch customer service and great attention to detail.

Thank you for this opportunity. If picked I look forward to giving back to our golf community the same way they've given to me, with "real" reviews!

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Mavrik Max 9 degree loft w/ROUGE white X-Stiff 70g

Maverick Max 3W, 5W w/ROUGE white X-Stiff 70g

Mavrik Max 3H, KBS tour prototype 70/80 X-Stiff 80g

Speedblade 4-PW, AW, SW KBS Siff 85g

Ghost Sypder putter

bourbon to be drank neat

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

5 handicap, Tucson, AZ

175 8 iron

i know that sub 70 is new to the club game but Jason seems passionate about club making and very curious to try out there products and see the quality and craftsmanship that they claim. 

On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

12 Atlanta, Georgia

Taylormade M1 165

Well made high quality golf clubs. Up and coming brand and would love to try out some irons.

1. 7.4 out of Woodbury, MN

2. Gen 1 - PXG 0311 with Rifle 6.5 - carry 8 iron 172-175

3. Have seen on here, GolfWRX, Golfers Journal, Twitter and Instagram- though not yet in the wild. Love the look of the product and the vibe of the company and it’s approach. Been dying to try them in comparison to the PXGs, particularly in the black (and at a fraction of price). Absolutely a gear junkie. Regardless of being selected - wish the winners well and same to Jason and company. They look great and anxious to hear results! 

Desperately trying to find fairways with rare success!

1. Handicap and Location - 10.4 and Atlanta GA
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance - currently using ping i200 iron and hit my 8 iron 160 yards. 
  3. What do you know about Sub70? - honestly hadn’t heard much about them, but they look really nice. Love the idea of having some irons that I feel confident with over the ball and these look like they would do it. Think the irons are the most important clubs in the bag to post low scores so any chance to improve that part of my game makes me excited. 

:ping-small: G400, 9.0 deg, Tour 75g stiff

:ping-small: G400 3W, 14.5 deg

:ping-small: G 3 hybrid

:ping-small: G700 4 iron

:ping-small: i200 5-AW irons

:callaway-small: MD4 56 and 60 deg

:odyssey-small: O Works #1

:bridgestone-small: E6 2015 Yellow

:Arccos: Smart Sensors 

1. Handicap and Location
    1. 8 handicap from Austin, Texas
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
    1. Ping S59 or i3... whichever I feel that day.  150 yards with high ball flight.
  3. What do you know about Sub70?
    1. That mygolfspy is looking for someone to test their clubs!  I play three times a week and am comfortable playing different types of irons, MB or CB.

11 hdcp ,from Quebec ,Canada

I am currently playing the Adams Super S Left Hand irons with KbS tour 90 shafts.

My 8 irons does Carry  115 to 120 yards

.I could eventually suggest more than 100 golfers every summer at the range , and at my hometown clubs to get them in their shop...because Sub 70 are serious contender to any high hand brand names no doubt..

Edited by M.Duchesne

+1 in Fort Wayne, IN

Titleist 712 CB/MB’s. 8 iron - 160 yards 

Very intrigued by the Sub70 irons after following them on social media. Want to see if the affordable price tag will meet the performance needs of a lower handicapped player. Their customer service is tremendous, with the known performance it would be easier to pull the trigger and put them in the bag. 

1.  10.1 , Aurora CO

2.  Mizuno Jpx919 forged, 147 carry

3. Not a whole lot other than they are Direcr-to-Consumer. Really don't know much about many golf companies but I know what feels right and what doesn't.

ivan

Keric S - Greenville, SC

6 handicap -

Callaway XR Steelhead (black finish) 

8 iron distance 140-145

Not at all familiar with Sub 70, but excited to compare against my Callaways that are now 3 years old. Can I really find something better?

1.  12 handicap in Urbana, Oh

2.  Taylormade MC Tour Preferred. 8 iron goes 170-175

3.  Not much. Just that They are direct to consumer, and I have had good luck playing Snell balls. I can only assume someone else can do as well in the direct to consumer equipment space. 

1. 2 handicap in Lexington Kentucky 

2. Jpx 919 tour 165-70

3. Same business model as like hogan so a direct to consumer. It’s always intrigued me whether the quality would be up to par but I always thought they looked very nice!

1. Handicap: 19 in Baltimore Maryland

2. Mizuno MP-20 MMC, 8-iron carries 150-155

3. I have come across Sub70 online and on some forums, and have been intrigued by some of the positive feedback. Outside of the direct to consumer model, I don't know much about their products.

Driver:  FT Optiforce 440, MCA Tesei AV Blue 65S

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 15deg, Accra TZ5 75 M4

Irons: Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-PW), KBS $--Taper Lite 100

Wedges: Cleveland RTX2 52, 56, and 60deg, KBS 610 Wedge 115

1) 0.9 Index, living in Spartanburg, SC playing out of The Country Club of Spartanburg. I play on average about 5 times per month  

2) Mizuno 850 Forged with Project X 5.5, 8 iron distance 155 - 160

3) I know very little about the brand as I have been extremely happy with my current set up over the past 4-5 years. I am just beginning to look at what’s on the market for my next purchase. Although I haven’t made any golf purchases from a dtc company, I have in various other retail products. I love the strategy of Sub70 to separate themselves in a very crowded marketplace. 

1. I am a 15 handicap living in Long Island, NY

2. My current irons are Taylormade Burner 09's.  Currently looking into new irons. 175 carry on 8I.

3.  I have already been in contact with Sub 70 about possibly getting a new set of irons.  I have spoken to Dan and Cody from Sub 70 and have been really impressed with the level of customer service they have been able to provide.  I have also used their demo program and hit a 6 and 9 irons and well as a 52 and 56 degree wedges.

Edited by bhoff2025
  1. 14.9 Louisville, KY
  2. Mizuno MP-20 MMC - 8 iron 155 yards
  3. I looked into buying them when I was in the market but went against them because I couldn't go hit them in a store and they didn't have the trial club I neded in stock,at the time.
  • GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic