TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

0.5 hdcp index, Barrington Golf Club, Aurora, OH

Current irons - PXG 0311T (Gen 3)

8-iron distance - 154 carry

Sub-70......small niche company with direct to consumer model.  High quality, reasonable price.  Assistant Pro at one of the local clubs plays with them and I have seen them in person but have not hit them.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

10.7 from Ft Lauderdale, FL

Callaway X2Hot - 8i - 165

Been researching Sub70 for about 6 months after learning about them on thus forum and am very interested in learning more. I have heard nothing but good things about the customer service and can attest to that as I was in contact with them recently about purchasing a set, which I plan to do in the future.

Drake Lundeen, PGA - Teaching Professional

Scratch - Omaha, NE

Currently using Titleist T100

8 iron - 164y

I know absolutely nothing about these irons

Edited by PGADrake

1. 10 HCP living in Seattle, WA and member at Sahalee CC. 

2. Currently playing stock black Cobra Forge Tec irons with KBS $Taper shafts and carry my 8i 148 yards. 

3. As an avid player and study of the game, I have to admit that I’ve never seen or heard of sub70 before. 

Edited by SeattleHack

1. 9 Handicap living in Texas

2. I currently play Mizuno MMC MP20  8 iron carry distance is 170  

3. I do not know a ton about sub70 but I know they are a direct to consumer forged iron that is starting to bring a lot of noise and quality to the iron market.

1. Handicap and Location - 12 Handicap, Milwaukee Wisconsin
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance - Ping G25, 160yds
  3. What do you know about Sub70? - They're a DTC company with an absolutely gorgeous iron. : - )

1) 6.2 Atlanta

2) Fourteen TC788 ;  8iron 165

3) direct to consumer, reasonably priced, awesome customization options online but not much access to try and hit them so reluctant buyer here. 

1. Currently a 9.9 handicap from Minneapolis
  2. I play Mizuno JPX 850 Forged Irons, so these would be a great apples to apples test for me from the players distance category! 8 iron goes 155.
  3. Learned a lot about SUB70 from MyGolfSpy. DTC club brand with an owner you can call on the phone. Considered doing the demo thing, but got a good deal on some other irons (current mizunos) from my brother. Next time I get new, I will probably go with them. Not really interested in paying double the price for relatively minor difference. 

huzzah!

Edited by RyanJohnson_Official

WITB:

Callaway Rogue - Driver

Titleist TS2 - 4 Wood

Titleist 915H and 818 H1 Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 850 Forged Irons

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 54 and Taylormade Hi-Toe 58

#ROCKCHALK

1. My current handicap is a 6.1. I am from Grand Rapids, MI.

2. I am currently playing Cobra S2-Max's. 8 iron distance is 175. 

3. I actually inquired with the company earlier this year on these exact irons. I was wondering if an AW and 4 iron were going to be in stock soon. Customer service is a huge priority here as they got back to me within minutes and even asked if I wanted to get on the waiting list for these irons. Jason seems to be a great guy making great golf clubs at a great price. No need to pay crazy prices for a set of good irons. I love the direct to consumer mentality and the focus to improve the golf game of all amateurs.   

1)  7 handicap.  St. Pete, Florida

2)  Taylormade Psi.  8-iron distance = 155 yards

3)  Mainly from what I have read on mygolfspy and read on Sub 70's website.  Sub 70 is a small direct to consumer company based out of Illinois.  Founder Jason is proud to answer phone calls. emails, social media posts from people.  Sub 70 prides themselves on building cost effective products that perform, as well as setting themselves apart through customer service.

1. Handicap and Location
    10 Handicap in Mesa, AZ

2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
    PXG 0211 irons, 165 yard 8-iron

3. What do you know about Sub70?
    I know that they are a newer company on the golf scene and trying to provide factory direct pricing on top-tier equipment.  It is a designed, manufactured, and distributed by people who love golf which is why it would make sense that they would work with a company like MGS to prove their product.

1. 14 handicap; Mashpee, MA

2. I have a set of Ping G25s and my 8i distance is 165

3. I am only just learning about Sub 70 as of reading this call for testers. I am interested to learn more about them, as I am a big fan of the DTC golf ball and other options (e.g. Snell MTB Black balls and Vice Pure golf gloves) 

I'm a 14 hdcp from Houston, Texas

Currently playing a set of Tour-issue Bridgestone J40 Combo irons w/ i95 S Steelfibers. I'm hitting that 8 iron about 140 due to traditional lofts, by current stds.

I'm very interested in Sub70 & particularily in the 699 Pros. I know 2 guys who play their irons now & they've spoken of the company in glowing terms, both quality & service.

Jason, I've seen the clubs & would love to compare them to my gamers & a few other sets I may have kicking around. Just let me know!

Rick

This week`s Starting Line-Up:

B-Stone J815 w/ Fubuki ZT 60, Stiff
B-Stone J15 3 & 5 w/Fubuki ZT 75, Stiff
910H 21* w/ Diamana, Stiff
B-Stone J15 Cavity 4 Iron w/ Steelfiber i95, Stiff (either/or w/ hybrid)
B-Stone J40 Combo set w/ Steelfiber i95, Stiff, 5 - Pw
52* & 58* Vokey SM5's (Evaluating 52*,56*,60* Clevelands)
Ping Ti Anser Wrx

-1.4 Index - El Centro, CA (SW USA)

-Taylormade P760's  - 170yd 8iron

-Barely heard of sub70 this summer on our yearly summer golf trip in Sedona, AZ. Only thing I know is they are a direct to consumer brand and I would only have to forfeit 1 child to get a set.

Edited by Dmanntoc44
spelling

1) Handicap:  3.7      Atlanta, Ga

2) My current clubs are the AP3s. I have had them for over 2.5 years. I currently hit my 8 iron 170-180

3)I came across sub70s Instagram account a couple months back. I thought initially that they were a good looking club, but did not know anything about their performance. I looked them up on Youtube to try and get an idea of what they look like and what people think of them. I have never seen them in person before and want to give them a try at some point.

1. I am a 22 Handicap and live in Waukesha, WI
  2. my current irons are Taylormade Rocketbladez and my 8-iron distance is: 155yards
  3. I know Sub70 is an online-direct to consumer manufacturer of golf clubs. 

Great opportunity!
i was lucky to demo a 6 iron thru their demo program.. great product!

finished to order a 639cb tho cause I love cavity backs 🙂

good luck to the winners!

i won’t apply cause I feel I would take it from someone that may after decide to buy those if selected!

:ping-small: G400 9.0 Alta CB 55g stiff

:ping-small: G400 3W Alta CB 65g stiff

:Sub70: Fairway Pro 5W Ust Mamiya V2 black stiff

:Sub70: 839X 4h Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: 639cb 5-PW Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: Forged Wedge  50.7 Kbs TGI80

:callaway-small: MD4 56.8, 60.12

PXG Bat Attack

:Snell: MTB-X

On 7/15/2020 at 3:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

1.8 hdcp -  St. George, UT

2. 8 iron - 145

3. Had not heard of Sub70 before seeing this link on GolfSpy

On 7/15/2020 at 3:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic