TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub 70 699 Pro Irons

Our Sponsors

6.0 handicap in San Diego

Currently using Cobra King Forged CBs. 8 iron is my 160 club

I have never hit anything from Sub 70, but I have read about most of their clubs here and on other forums. They have built a great reputation for service, and it certainly seems like the clubs they produce live up to or exceed their value proposition. I am loving my CBs, but a "pro" version of a power distance iron, if executed correctly, is exactly what I would want to game to get additional help in my longer irons without sacrificing topline or offset. Combine that with paying ~half price compared to the big players' offerings AND supporting an independent small business? Seems like a no-brainer.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairway:   :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ 15* w/ Atmos Black 7X 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 19* w/ Tensei White 90  

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

1. Hdcp: 6.9 in Bath Michigan
  2. Current Irons: Hogan PTX and 8-iron distance:145 yards
  3. What do you know about Sub70?  I've checked out their stuff on their website many times (after seeing them on GolfWRX and MyGolfSpy).  There stuff looks beautiful.

Glen

From Michigan

Driver: Wilson C300 12* UST VTS Black 7X shaft

3W: Ping G410 with Ping Tour Stiff Shaft

5W: Maltbly Tour TC with UST V2 Shaft in Stiff

Hybrid: Adams Pro 23*

Irons: Hogan PTX

Wedges Cleveleand RTX3 CB 48* & Eidolon 51*, 54*, 57*

Putter: Edel Mallet

1 - Handicap = 10, Location = Colorado

2 - Current Irons = Testing between Mizuno JPX919 Tour with DG 120 XS 2 deg up and Cobra King Forged TEC with Modus Pro3 XS 2 deg up.

3 - I have seen reviews and write ups on The Hackers Paradise forum from members who have purchased Sub 70 products, looking at Sub 70 products. I am always looking for new equipment to help improve my game hence the big double iron set purchase (Mizuno's as I have never owned a set & Cobra based on all the positive fedback from THP). I've never been a fan of the black finish so putting a set of these in play could change my mind!

1. I am a 4 handicap living in Billings, Montana.

2. My current irons are the Taylormade PSI with the stock stiff shafts. My 8 iron carry distance is 154.

3. I know that they are a smaller, direct to consumer producer who is fairly new to the game. I have been checking out their irons since I first became aware of them and was intrigued by their looks and lower prices. In addition, they have received strong reviews and seem like a great company to work with.

- I am a 1 handicap from Connecticut 

- The current Irons I am playing are the Titleist 716 AP2's with KBS C-Taper 120 stiff shafts, I. currently carry my 8 iron around 160 yards 

- I had recently heard about the company through social media and I am always interested in trying the latest products and the newest in cutting edge technology. Also reading a lot about good price custom clubs really peaked my interest. 

On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

sub70.jpg

A product with solid value never goes out of style.

Couple that with exceptional customer service, and it's an attractive package for golfers who aren't necessarily looking to take out a second mortgage to purchase some golf equipment.

That's the basic premise of Jason Hiland's company, Sub 70, that leverages a factory-direct model to keep help keep costs low.

What about performance? Well, in 2019, the Sub 70 699 iron model finished sixth in the Players Distance category of Most Wanted testing. That might not sound like much until you consider it finished ahead of Callaway, PING and Titleist. That’s an accolade worthy of some refrigerator space.

For 2020, the 699 Pro iron features a thinner topline, less offset, and a black, Tour PVD finish.

This opportunity is open to right-handed golfers residing in the United States. If interested, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Handicap and Location
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  3. What do you know about Sub70?

RH male 30yrs old

1. 10 Handicap Sterling Heights, MI 

2. 2018-2019 Taylormade P790. 2020 Ping i210. 8 iron distance P790 averaged 175, 8 iron with Ping i210 165 according to Garmin G80.

3. Sub70, I won't lie and say I've heard much on this company. The little research I did while looking up brand seemed impressive. 

Sheboygan WI
Hdcp 17
139 ave 8 iron length

Have never heard of them until the email I received. The iron in the picture has nice lines. Love to run them against my Cobra F8 irons for comparison.

Mark

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1. 18 HDCP Fishers, IN

2: Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3-PW, 8 Iron distance is around 150-155 on a good day, last weekend about 50 on all irons as I chunked 95% of my iron shots..haha

3. Sub70 is an up and coming brand, have researched them while determining if I should buy new irons and their reviews speak for themselves.  A very customer service driven company that has positive reviews on their clubs from all players. Anyone I read review wise that has purchased them comes away impressed by not only the club but by the personal touch they receive from the company. 

Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW, Steel, Stiff flex

Driver: Mizuno ST180, Regular Flex, usually play 9.5

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Mallet

Right Handed

Fishers, Indiana

HDCP: 18

1. Handicap 9 - Chicago, IL
  2. OG Taylormade Burners - 170yds
  3. Went to college in Dekalb and would drive past Diamond Tour Golf all the time. Great story how they have moved to DTC sales and have heard and experienced their amazing customer service. I have followed them on twitter for over a year and am testing their 699U 3iron right now. 

Handicap and Location

13.5 index. Seattle, WA

Current Irons and 8-iron distance

Nike Vapor Fly Pro-  162 - 167 yard 8-iron. (Arccos data)

What do you know about Sub70?

This post was the first time I had heard of them. Interested to try them out. 

1. Handicap and Location - 8.0 handicap located in Chicago IL.
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance - Taylor Made P790's (black finish), 8 Iron distance of 145 (down significantly since i got my new setup last year)
  3. What do you know about Sub70? I've been researching them a lot over the last few months since i'm so disappointed in the fitting I got with my current setup. I've been trying to find time to get out to Sycamore to try them out.

It's not my swing, it's the club.

1. 12 handicap, North Tonawanda, NY

2. Current 8i distance: ~165; Mizuno MP-37

3. I've followed Sub 70 for the last 2 years as a brand that had premium offerings for clubs without the bloated costs that come with "big-name" brands. I have also seen many people have positive feedback on the customer service received by owners. Their premium upgrades and customization options makes them stick out beyond other DTC brands. They initially appealed to me on Instagram and then on MSG after seeing their sleek offerings for a reasonable price. 

Driver:  Taylormade R9 Supertri TP; Miyazaki C. Kua 

Fairway wood: Mizuno F60 5W; stock shaft

Irons: 3-PW Mizuno MP-37; True Temper s-300

Wedges: Cleveland CG 15 52; Dynamic Gold Spinner;  Cleveland RTX 3.0 56; stock shaft; Cleveland CG 14 60; stock shaft

Putter: Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

6.2 from Noblesville, IN

Current irons are Srixon Z545, 8 iron distance approx 160-170

Ive actually have looked into sub70 products for a while now, just haven’t pulled the trigger. I love the looks of the 699, and now with the Pro version these look way up my alley! 

1. 12 HCP, Monterey CA
  2. Currently Gaming an old set of Nike CCI Forged Irons, 8 iron is 155 yards.
  3. Recently found them and have been very interested in their clubs, look like great quality irons at an awesome price.

Irons: Nike CCI Forged 4-P, Stiff flex. Taylormade M2 3 Hybrid, Reg flex.

Woods: Taylormade R7 Quad, 9.5*, Reg Flex, Taylormade Steel V 3&5 Woods, Reg Flex.

Right Handed, 14 HCP

Stationed in Monterey, CA

Hey I’m a 15 year old golfer from Boston ma, my handicap is currently a 8, my 8 iron is going around 145 with unfitted 2016 taylormade m2, I currently know little about the clubs however I think I would be a great tester. This is because of my age, a lot of golfers in my demographic don’t have a lot of money to spend on clubs and if these clubs are affordable and perform well you know you can target the younger players and generate a lot of revenue. Also I play/practice everyday so these clubs will get the best testing possible. thank you and looking forward to hearing from you

1. Handicap and Location. 18, Wickenburg, AZ
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance  MIZUNO MP32, 145 yds
  3. What do you know about Sub70? Minimal information on the company, I have never hit the club and I do not if they’re cast or forged irons.

Hi

1. 0.5 index

2. Fort Lauderdale, Florida 

3. Current clubs Taylormade MC tour preferred. 8 iron is 162 yards stock.

4. I dont know much about the company but very intrigued to try a non major companies irons. Feel locked into looking at Callaway or Taylormade every year.

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic