Vokey 60 Degree

Ping Zing 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Announced! Reviewing the Sub 70 699 Pro irons will be: @Smellis745 @Tom the Golf Nut @GolfSpy MPR Reviews coming soon! _______________________________

Testers Announced! I'm thinking that Sub 70, as a company, is like America and Alexander Hamilton: young, scrappy, and hungry. And I'm also thinking that with a good iron in my hand,

Thanks everyone. I just did the happy dance around my office! ( At Work ). Ok i did get some strange looks......  I will put these to the test for sure!

Posted Images

1. 15 Handicap. Rolla, Missouri 

2. Taylormade R11 irons    8 iron - 155 yds 

3. I do not know much about the company. I have really only heard/seen things about their clubs here and there. However, I would love to learn more. 

1. Queen Creek, AZ with a 9 handicap

2. Srixon z765 AW-7, Srixon z565 6-4 with a 170yd 8 iron distance

3.  I have never heard of the company, but the irons look and sound like something I’d definitely like to try.  I really like having and using great equipment that is different than the big brand items.  Thanks for the opportunity!

Handicap 1.7, Prophetstown, Illinois

Titleist 718 MB, 8 iron - 160 yards

Only heard about them on this forum and after researching them I am very intrigued by them and would love to try out their products.

1. Handicap and Location
    • 11 handicap - Chicago, IL
  2. Current Irons and 8-iron distance
    • Titleist AP2 714 - 8-Iron 175
  3. What do you know about Sub70?
    • Direct to consumer - similar to Hogan Irons
    • Irons are handcrafted
  1. 7.9 Minneapolis, Minnesota
  2. PXG Gen 1 Players with Aerotech Steelfiber i95s, 8 iron = 150
  3. I currently play Sub70 hybrids (4-6).  Great company changing the way consumers purchase golf equipment.  

1. I am a +1.2 handicap from Nashville TN

2. My Srixon 765 8 iron goes 182 yards.

3. I have only seen the wedges. They are gorgeous and feel great. Great top profile. If that is any indication as to the look and feel of these irons, I would love to get the opportunity to test them out.

1. HCPD: 0.5
2. Current Irons: Cobra Forged Tec 5-GW w/ Nippon Modus 3 130 S.  8 Iron distance - 156 yards
3. I've been keeping up with Sub70 for quite some time.  Their driver was recommended to me by truegolffit.com but has been out of stock.  They are making great direct to consumer products that perform great but are less expensive than the standard OEM brands.

My bag is a revolving door!

6 index Plymouth NH

Titleist AP3. 8 iron 161-165

I don’t know much about the company. I am currently in golf school and I am deep in a class about golf equipment and performance. Would be great to see/feel how these perform against the other brands. 

On 7/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:
  • Handicap and Location
  • Current Irons and 8-iron distance
  • What do you know about Sub70?

Handicap - 24.3 Location - Buffalo, NY

Current Irons - Cobra Baffler hybrid 8-iron distance - 135

Sub70 is an online-oriented brand with clubs that try to differentiate themselves by being clean and perform well.

morning ...

Play PXG Gen3.  

8 Iron distance 160 

handicap 12. Located in Plymouth Meeting 

What I know about is what I am reading on MSG blogs and web site..  All good 

1. 1.5 from Brooklyn, NY
  2. Mizuno MC-18 - 8 iron distance - 165
  3. I've read a bit about them on here. I think the idea of their pricing model and going direct to consumer is a great idea if the product holds up. I was fit for my current irons last year and have seen improved consistency in my iron play. I've been interested as I learn more about sub 70 to see how their product stands up to what I have right now. Would be very interested to test how they feel, workability, distance, overall look, and control. 

1. 8.6 Glen Cove, NY

2. Srixon 750  8 iron- 160-165

3. Was looking into pxg’s recently (During their sale) and my buddy who’s a club pro suggested checking out sub-70 as an alternative. Sweet looking sticks. And the price is right. Would love to take them for a spin at your price even more so. 

1. 7.8 index—Schenectady, NY
  2. Current set is Mizuno MP 52 (3–6) and MP 62 (7–PW) with an 8 irons distance in the 150–165 range
  3. Sub 70 has been on my radar due to MGS. I have my eye on wedges and a fairway wood since it scored well in recent tests. I really like the plain black top on their woods and the irons looks nice in photos. Their website doesn't do a good job of showing what they look like in playing position; all of the top down shots look like it's back in the stance for a punch or knockdown shot. So, I'd like to add a review with more photos and videos so people get a better idea of what they're like.

What's in the bag

Custom Classic XL, 9, Fujikura Vista Pro 75 stiff

Ping, i20, 15, TFC 707 F (stock) stiff

Idea Black Super Hybrid, 19 Aldila Voodoo stiff

Mizuno MP Fli-hi, 18, DG SL S300, MP 52, 3–6, DG S300, Mizuno MP 62, 7–PW, DG S300

Titleist SM5 50/8, SM5 54/10, SM5 58/8, SM5 52/8, SM5 58/8

Odyssey Black Series #1 34" with black oxide finish

Vice Pro+

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED! Sub70 699 Pro Irons
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic