TESTERS WANTED! ×

Arccos Caddie Link ordered

IMG_0738.PNG

I foolishly waited three days.... they must have gotten a ton of orders then to have two-three week back log from three days..

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

For what it is worth, anyone considering buying the link, there is a trick you can use to get 10% off.

1) create an account on the arccos purchasing site (if you don't have one already). For whatever reason, this isn't the same account as your dashboard login but you can probably set them up to be the same. 

2) Add the link to your cart and then head to check out and fill out your shipping info, etc. but don't buy.

3) close the browsing tab.

4) About a day later you will get an email saying "you forgot something in your cart". Within a day or two of that the system will generate another email with a 10% off coupon code for whatever you had in your cart. I think this works with everything on the site as I did this inadvertently with my superstroke accessory kit back in March and then again while I was contemplating whether or not to get the link. 

34 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

Maybe, but if you're shotscope, your business model is completely dependent on an ever growing demand for people willing to buy the technology. That probably just isn't the case as the numbers of golfers in the world is relatively static or declining. If there are 10 million people in the world willing to pay for this type of shot/data tracking then shot scope's scales would look something like this:

year 1 - 5 million units

year 2 - 2 million units

year 3 - 1 million units....... on and on. As you mentioned, there is no reason to purchase again after the initial purchase

That is declining revenue coming in the door while their overhead and user base is expanding. That can make it hard to sustain the business without constantly coming up with new hardware to sell to your existing customers. All the while, Arccos is putting their product in the hands of consumers who may not have otherwise been interested. If they can convert 2 out of 10 trial users, they have just expanded their market from 10 million to 12 million and are collecting $100 from 12 million people annually opposed to shot scope which would only collect on the initial purchase.

And let me be clear, I hate the subscription business model (from Arccos and every other company doing it) and I'm currently not paying for a subscription, but if I had to bet on which company will be around in 5 years, the odds on Arccos would be the favorite by a large margin over shotscope. Just look at what happened with game golf....

Umm no this is not how tech hardware works.  Why would anyone buy a new iphone?  Isn't the iphone 2 good enough?  Because every generation is better than the last and eventually the battery or something else will fail.  There's not a tech product on earth that this doesn't happen to and it's absolutely expected.  Even if it didn't, people would want to buy the latest after 3-4 years.  

You still have your camcorder from 1993 right?  And your Taylormade 360 Ti driver from 2002?  lol.  Shotscope will have no problem with repeat business especially when customers are happy wtih the product.  They just shouldn't expect it every 2 years because that's the same as someone subscribing for $100/year, save for some resale value.

Edited by devsters

2 hours ago, devsters said:

Umm no this is not how tech hardware works.  Why would anyone buy a new iphone?  Isn't the iphone 2 good enough?  Because every generation is better than the last and eventually the battery or something else will fail.  There's not a tech product on earth that this doesn't happen to and it's absolutely expected.  Even if it didn't, people would want to buy the latest after 3-4 years.  

You still have your camcorder from 1993 right?  lol.  Shotscope will have no problem with repeat business especially when customers are happy wtih the product.  They just shouldn't expect it every 2 years because that's the same as someone subscribing for $100/year, save for some resale value.

If you haven't noticed, apple and the other cell phone makers have had a very hard time selling new phones the last few years. They had huge growth over the last decade as they convinced more and more people to get a smartphone, but now the market is essentially saturated and a large percentage of people aren't buying new phones until their old ones break. Sales are basically flat. 

The golf hardware itself is not very high tech. It's basically just an impact sensor and a transmitter / speaker depending on brand. The value/experience is centered around the software so as long as the hardware golfers are using supports the latest software people will have no reason to upgrade. 

Edited by ChitownM2

2 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

If you haven't noticed, apple and the other cell phone makers have had a very hard time selling new phones the last few years. They had huge growth over the last decade as they convinced more and more people to get a smartphone, but now the market is essentially saturated and a large percentage of people aren't buying new phones until their old ones break. Sales are basically flat. 

The golf hardware itself is not very high tech. It's basically just an impact sensor and a transmitter / speaker depending on brand. The value/experience is centered around the software so as long as the hardware golfers are using supports the latest software people will have no reason to upgrade. 

Thanks, I have indeed noticed that Apple continues to sell 210-220m iphones every year.  If you want to believe that SS's sales will peak in the next year or two and decline I can't stop you.  And the hardware will absolutely continue to drive sales and repurchasing, it has a long way to go.  Like analyzing swing path for every shot.  And eventually watchless or Link-less tracking.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a lively debate. 

My $0.02:

1. I had shotscope v2. I like it. Didn’t love it. Why? The MASSIVE watch. V3 I haven’t tried on, but I have an Apple Watch, so I’d prefer not to have two devices. Even if V2 wasn’t huge, I still liked having my watch on too. 
  2. I have Arccos now. The most valuable part to me is not the shot tracking. It’s the caddie. There’s at LEAST three shots a round that based on elevation and wind are an entire club different than what I would normally play. If I had a rangefinder or walked off my yardage and accounted for the wind and elevation I’d get the same info, but I don’t have to. That’s what I like about it. 
  3. I started the Decade program this year. I see myself moving off of Arccos and manually tracking my stats, investing in a rangefinder, and continuing to use the stats that I get from Decade. I’ve found them to be tremendously valuable (in addition to the system at large). Yes, this app is NOT like Arccos or SS. Scott has tweeted that they have gps functionality available but haven’t turned it on. We shall see. 
  4. I run an analytics division for the largest independent marketing agency in the USA. I love numbers. Both Arccos and SS gave me numbers I wanted. Neither was deficient in that area. NEITHER of them are “perfect”. 
  5. Next round I’m going to try and use foresight’s app and see how I like it. I’m very interested in the sensorless tracking. 
  6. Here is something I don’t understand why people don’t talk about: swing weight. An Arccos sensor weighs 7 grams. I know Ian from TXG says because they sit outside the handle they “won’t effect swing weight” which is 100% true. But I still feel the difference. 7 grams (if you do feel them) would be like going from D5 to almost D9 swing weight. That’s NOT insignificant. 

All good stuff!! 

:titleist-small: TS3 9° Driver with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° Fairway with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:srixon-small: ZX 2 iron

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54°, 60° Full Face

:taylormade-small: Spider SR Single Bend

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:ping-small: Hoofer

:918457628_PrecisionPro:R1 Rangefinder

The Link arrived yesterday and went into play today. 

Zero problem getting it paired, doing the firmware update or anything like that.

IMG_5690.jpeg.94e6183ad82db0b8e11a0d362d980aa8.jpeg

The good news - ZERO shots with irons, wedges or woods were missed. 

The bad news - it missed a bunch of putts.  Thats the problem I always had with my phone. 

I'm not sure why it missed them..  I had it clipped to my front left pocket.  You can see the microphone hole here:

IMG_5691.jpeg.4902755a84eeffe3b44cd126727d64cd.jpeg

So, that's a bummer.  I real bummer as that's been my biggest complaint.  I'm going to putt on a new putter sensor and give it another go tomorrow (the things I will do for this community...) and report back. 

The other item of note - iPhone users (not sure about you Android users) have a little red icon that shows up on the lock screen, on other screens etc when Arccos is active and you can touch it and it takes you right to the app.  Well, with the Link in play that icon disappeared.  Probably because the microphone isn't in use.  But it was handy to have.  Quick to navigate and get to the caddie/range finder application.  

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts

36 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

The Link arrived yesterday and went into play today. 

Zero problem getting it paired, doing the firmware update or anything like that.

The good news - ZERO shots with irons, wedges or woods were missed. 

The bad news - it missed a bunch of putts.  Thats the problem I always had with my phone. 

I'm not sure why it missed them..  I had it clipped to my front left pocket.  You can see the microphone hole here:

So, that's a bummer.  I real bummer as that's been my biggest complaint.  I'm going to putt on a new putter sensor and give it another go tomorrow (the things I will do for this community...) and report back. 

The other item of note - iPhone users (not sure about you Android users) have a little red icon that shows up on the lock screen, on other screens etc when Arccos is active and you can touch it and it takes you right to the app.  Well, with the Link in play that icon disappeared.  Probably because the microphone isn't in use.  But it was handy to have.  Quick to navigate and get to the caddie/range finder application.  

Have you done a sensor diagnostic from within the Arccos app to make sure the sensor is working correctly? I've never had to do one, but I would at least give that a try to see if you have some luck. It's located within the Settings portion of the app under Sensor Diagnostics.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

Have you done a sensor diagnostic from within the Arccos app to make sure the sensor is working correctly?

I have not. I’ve used that function before when it wasn’t picking up a particular club at all.  But with the putter it typically records the first putt, but not the second.  Oddly, I made a long distance birdie today and it recorded two putts - the algorithm probably just couldn’t believe I made a putt outside of ten feet...  However, I three putted the 18th from off the fringe and it recorded none of them. So, I dunno. 

But when I ordered the Link I also got a new putter sensor - so I’m twisting that in tomorrow and will report back. 

13 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

I have not. I’ve used that function before when it wasn’t picking up a particular club at all.  But with the putter it typically records the first putt, but not the second.  Oddly, I made a long distance birdie today and it recorded two putts - the algorithm probably just couldn’t believe I made a putt outside of ten feet...  However, I three putted the 18th from off the fringe and it recorded none of them. So, I dunno. 

But when I ordered the Link I also got a new putter sensor - so I’m twisting that in tomorrow and will report back. 

Cool. Just figured I'd ask. Arccos can sometimes struggle with short putts and they recommend putting like you normally would from longer distances to increase the likelihood of a correct tag. So if by chance your second putt is often from short range and you're just kinda taking a quick swipe at it, that could be part of the reason.

You may already know this, but wanted to make sure it was covered in case you didn't.

I've had decent luck with Arccos picking up my  putts when I take my time, but that isn't always practical. Thankfully, adding putts after the fact is probably the easiest thing to do in Arccos - shot tracking wise.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Day two w the Link - clipped it to my belt above my front left (forward) pocket.  

Hole 1 - missed second putt from  two feet 

Hole 3 - recorded first two putts but missed third from two feet. 

Hole 4- recorded first two putts missed the third from two feet

I decided to try and put the putter sensor to sleep by holding the club grip pointed down between putts.  Then wake it up again to see if that helped. It did for a while. 

Hole 11 - complete mess- missed 7i from the tee and then recorded three putts rather than one. Weird. 

Hole 12 - correctly recorded one putt for birdie but when I again looked later it had added a second - I’m guessing the algorithm thought I typically two putt...

Hole 15 - initially correctly recorded all three putts. And then switched back to two putts when I looked again later.  (Yeah, waaay too many three putts today)

Hole 16 - failed to record second putt from two feet even though I put it to sleep between putts. 

Anyway - just sharing my experience.  I wish I knew when it was the algorithm and when it was because that second putt may be a soft tap, etc...  aside from hole 11 which was completely bizarre, I only had to make six corrections.  Now for some that may be too many. But I can live w that.

Again, my favorite creature is clicking the button to mark the hole location. 

I have a similar problem where it just doesn't register short putts. Even when I take the time to address the ball and make my usual full stroke, it doesn't register much of anything under 4'. I wonder if part of that is most all of my putters I have tried have a face insert which might dampen the impact enough for the sensor to not pick it up. I've used both the superstroke sensor and the original one on different putters and it doesn't make a difference, short putts just don't detect well.

I too was hoping that Link would fix this, but based on what you're seeing, I may be in for disappointment.

Edited by ChitownM2

Round three with Link 

2 - missed a putt. Oddly it looks like it missed the 15 footer but recorded the tap in which I hit hard. But it was a foot away and arccos said five feet so not sure

4 missed the hard tap in 

6 missed hard tap in

9 I made a one putt par and it added a second putt for a bogey - algorithm??

12 I made a one putt birdie - it gave me two putts again - algorithm doesn’t think much of my putting….?

I made sure after every first putt to hold the club upside down for a couple seconds, hopefully making it “sleep” and then wake it back up for the second putt - but as you can see, the short ones it missed - and I hit those tap ins hard…

No missed woods, irons or wedges... the only glitches where with the putter

I broke down and ordered the Link.  I've been using an old iPhone... when I can remember it.  This should be easier to deal with than a second phone.

I'll be honest, I don't worry about Arccos recording putts.  I just make note of how many putts I take and how far I am from the hole on the first putt, then I update my stats after the round when I do my edits.  Having Link to easily mark the flag will make it that much easier.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I broke down and ordered the Link.  I've been using an old iPhone... when I can remember it.  This should be easier to deal with than a second phone.
I'll be honest, I don't worry about Arccos recording putts.  I just make note of how many putts I take and how far I am from the hole on the first putt, then I update my stats after the round when I do my edits.  Having Link to easily mark the flag will make it that much easier.

Seriously considering selling my V3 and getting a Link...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Have been an arccoss user for about 3 years prior to trying out shotscope. I have had some issues with the v3 not working well during the 5 or 6 rounds I have played with it. I have found the interface and editing to be difficult to use and the help documents are a bit confusing. IMO Arcoss is more user freindly.

I also like the way stats are presented on arcoss, especially post round

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)