Arccos Caddie Link ordered

Deadskins

Day two w the Link - clipped it to my belt above my front left (forward) pocket.  

Hole 1 - missed second putt from  two feet 

Hole 3 - recorded first two putts but missed third from two feet. 

Hole 4- recorded first two putts missed the third from two feet

I decided to try and put the putter sensor to sleep by holding the club grip pointed down between putts.  Then wake it up again to see if that helped. It did for a while. 

Hole 11 - complete mess- missed 7i from the tee and then recorded three putts rather than one. Weird. 

Hole 12 - correctly recorded one putt for birdie but when I again looked later it had added a second - I’m guessing the algorithm thought I typically two putt...

Hole 15 - initially correctly recorded all three putts. And then switched back to two putts when I looked again later.  (Yeah, waaay too many three putts today)

Hole 16 - failed to record second putt from two feet even though I put it to sleep between putts. 

Anyway - just sharing my experience.  I wish I knew when it was the algorithm and when it was because that second putt may be a soft tap, etc...  aside from hole 11 which was completely bizarre, I only had to make six corrections.  Now for some that may be too many. But I can live w that.

Again, my favorite creature is clicking the button to mark the hole location. 

• Like 1

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

I have a similar problem where it just doesn't register short putts. Even when I take the time to address the ball and make my usual full stroke, it doesn't register much of anything under 4'. I wonder if part of that is most all of my putters I have tried have a face insert which might dampen the impact enough for the sensor to not pick it up. I've used both the superstroke sensor and the original one on different putters and it doesn't make a difference, short putts just don't detect well.

I too was hoping that Link would fix this, but based on what you're seeing, I may be in for disappointment.

Edited by ChitownM2

Round three with Link 

2 - missed a putt. Oddly it looks like it missed the 15 footer but recorded the tap in which I hit hard. But it was a foot away and arccos said five feet so not sure

4 missed the hard tap in 

6 missed hard tap in

9 I made a one putt par and it added a second putt for a bogey - algorithm??

12 I made a one putt birdie - it gave me two putts again - algorithm doesn’t think much of my putting….?

I made sure after every first putt to hold the club upside down for a couple seconds, hopefully making it “sleep” and then wake it back up for the second putt - but as you can see, the short ones it missed - and I hit those tap ins hard…

No missed woods, irons or wedges... the only glitches where with the putter
  • Like 1

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

I broke down and ordered the Link.  I've been using an old iPhone... when I can remember it.  This should be easier to deal with than a second phone.

I'll be honest, I don't worry about Arccos recording putts.  I just make note of how many putts I take and how far I am from the hole on the first putt, then I update my stats after the round when I do my edits.  Having Link to easily mark the flag will make it that much easier.

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I broke down and ordered the Link.  I've been using an old iPhone... when I can remember it.  This should be easier to deal with than a second phone.
I'll be honest, I don't worry about Arccos recording putts.  I just make note of how many putts I take and how far I am from the hole on the first putt, then I update my stats after the round when I do my edits.  Having Link to easily mark the flag will make it that much easier.

Seriously considering selling my V3 and getting a Link...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies (15*) 

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

7 hours ago, HeathS16 said:

Seriously considering selling my V3 and getting a Link...

What advantage or difference would make you change?

• :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore

Have been an arccoss user for about 3 years prior to trying out shotscope. I have had some issues with the v3 not working well during the 5 or 6 rounds I have played with it. I have found the interface and editing to be difficult to use and the help documents are a bit confusing. IMO Arcoss is more user freindly.

I also like the way stats are presented on arcoss, especially post round

• Like 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies (15*) 

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos: