Playing a Yellow/Orange/Red/Green Ball

Our Sponsors

How many of you are putting one in play? 

Which color are you playing? 

Which brand? 

Are you consistent in using a colored ball? 

Do you find yourself playing better? 

For the traditionalist, does it grate at you to no end when you see a playing partner putting one in play? 

I began playing a Vice Pro+ Lime green about 18 months ago or so ... and have since transitioned to the Snell MTB Black optic yellows. Love ‘em.

Share your thoughts!

Edited by mikeanthony

The 🙌🏼

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maxfli Tour in yellow for me. I prefer a colored ball and it helps me find it when I am way right....or left....

I found a ball that agrees with every aspect of my game. I love the feel off the driver, irons, and putter so without further dodo I present my favorite.

I may have to try the green. I found a Callaway Super Soft Green in the last round I played. I played it as my 2nd ball for the remainder of the round and honestly liked how easy it made the ball

Posted Images

Maxfli Tour in yellow for me. I prefer a colored ball and it helps me find it when I am way right....or left....

IMG_3161.jpg

• Like 5

I've got some Srixon stars in Yellow, and I've had Bridgestones in the past. But that's the only color I'll play. I had a red TM Project S I found, but too weird looking at it.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

I've got some Srixon stars in Yellow, and I've had Bridgestones in the past. But that's the only color I'll play. I had a red TM Project S I found, but too weird looking at it.

Take Dead Aim

Nice. I’ve read of the colored balls in play, the Srixons hold very well from scuff marks. It’s the only draw back with the Snells, they scuff easily. 

• Like 1

The 🙌🏼

5 hours ago, jamstar35 said:

IMG_3161.jpg

Those look nice! And yes, especially if you go left or right near a driving range. 😂 Even with the range balls being yellow, it’s still just as easy to find yours due to the sheen. 

I’ve read that those balls with a matte finish (which I cannot stand) ... their spin gets affected significantly more when the ball is wet, as opposed to the non-matte colored finishes.  

The 🙌🏼

I have found a ball that agrees with every aspect of my game. I love the feel off the driver, irons, and putter so without further dodo I present my favorite.

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

I found a ball that agrees with every aspect of my game. I love the feel off the driver, irons, and putter so without further dodo I present my favorite.

17MAXM2018MXSFTFLGBLB_Matte_Green?wid=1400&fmt=pjpeg

• Like 4

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

8 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Ha. A golfing buddy of mine plays those, but in their red colors. 

The 🙌🏼

1 minute ago, mikeanthony said:

Ha. A golfing buddy of mine plays those, but in their red colors. 

Yea I find it easier to find my balls when I'm the only one playing with them.  I tried the orange (same brand/model) and they were a bit too out there with the color so I changed to green.  Great visual both on the ground and in the air so I'm a green ball junkie.    

On another note, I've been testing the highly popular Snell MTB ball and my Maxfli Softfli is winning the battle.   Playing with your balls is a personal thing and the Maxfli  Softfli fits my game best.   

• Like 2

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

I bought a couple dozen of these for my kids.  My son plays the matte lime green and my daughter plays the matte red.  Picked them up because the kids like the colors and they were cheap (Dicks ran a sale last year an it worked out to $12.50 a dozen). I actually have never tried them.  I picked up a dozen or two of the srixon z*stars in yellow for some AM rounds I play.  Easier to see and I'm usually the only one playing the yellow ball so I always know which one of the balls I mine...whether in the fairway, woods or tall grass...😁😂🤣.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

6 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

I bought a couple dozen of these for my kids.  My son plays the matte lime green and my daughter plays the matte red.  Picked them up because the kids like the colors and they were cheap (Dicks ran a sale last year an it worked out to $12.50 a dozen). I actually have never tried them.  I picked up a dozen or two of the srixon z*stars in yellow for some AM rounds I play.  Easier to see and I'm usually the only one playing the yellow ball so I always know which one of the balls I mine...whether in the fairway, woods or tall grass...😁😂🤣.

MDGolfHacker

So true! And it’s even better when you’re driving/walking up to your ball from the tee and you can quickly take satisfaction in know your out drove your playing partners. 😂 

Honestly, I feel like the optic yellow ball from Snell (or any manufacturer) helps me focus more. I’ve been playing a yellow ball for close to 2 years now, and it just feels different when I play white ball on the off chance I’m having a terrible round. 

• Like 1

The 🙌🏼

Gotta agree w OG I’m w green. Sirxon is my gov2 right now but Max Fli are pretty decent.
The green/yellow are easier for me to follow and locate. Might be an age thing

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I may have to try the green.

I found a Callaway Super Soft Green in the last round I played. I played it as my 2nd ball for the remainder of the round and honestly liked how easy it made the ball to spot.

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: XR Speed 9º Project X HZRDUS T800 Stiff

3W : :ping-small: G 14.5º - Tour 80 stiff

Hybrid: :ping-small: G25 20º - TFC-189H stiff

Irons: :ping-small: 4-UW G30 Green Dot

Wedges: :ping-small: LW G30 Black Dot

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossie II

I just want a major company to put our their top tier ball in Pink. I'll buy dozens

• Like 2

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

13 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

I just want a major company to put our their top tier ball in Pink. I'll buy dozens

Ha! Bubba will gladly endorse that! 

The 🙌🏼

52 minutes ago, ctandc said:

I may have to try the green.

I found a Callaway Super Soft Green in the last round I played. I played it as my 2nd ball for the remainder of the round and honestly liked how easy it made the ball to spot.

The Vice lime greens are pretty nice and it’s not too loud (neon green) of a color. 👌🏼 

• Like 3

The 🙌🏼

1 hour ago, MDGolfHacker said:

MDGolfHacker

Yea the majority of the younger bucks I play with game the traditional white so it's easy to spot my ball .  The older coots who do game the colored balls have not discovered the magic of the Maxfli softfli yet.   They play other brands which works well for me. 😉   By the way Dick's has them on sale now at 2 for $30.00 .  I'm heading over later today to pick up a couple dozen.  I have $20.00 in award money so it makes em a steal!. 

• Like 2

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

18 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

I bought my wife one of those multi-packs from topflight that had the pink, yellow, Pearl and blue balls because she specifically asked for it.  The blue balls were hard to see even in the fairway, the Pearl wasn't bad, pink was a dull pink and was ok but a bit harder to see than the the yellow or pearl and the yellow was the most visible next to the Pearl.  Now she plays whatever is in her bag or what she finds on the course... Lol. I'm a bit more particular.  When I find a bunch of balls on the course, I'll just put them aside for my father in law.  I play and practice chipping with the same ball, Srixon Z*Stars.  I have enough variation in my swing so I need something consistent and that's the ball.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

I remember the first Bridgestone Ball I bought was the RX330 in Pink when they released them. I just like being different, but I do want a good performing ball. I've tried the Volvik and other stuff, just not for my game.

• Like 2

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

I like a good old-fashioned white ball. I find they are easiest to see for me.

Now some of the colored balls do look pretty cool though. My daughters like the colored Volviks, but a few of the colors, particularly the red and purple are very hard to see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

WITB:

Louisville Smart Persimmon Driver

Louisville Niblick Persimmon 3 & 5 woods

Hogan UIHI 4-iron*

Hogan PTx Pro 5-7*

Hogan Icon 8-PW*

KZG 51 gap wedge

KZG 56 sand wedge

Rife Legend Z Putter

*denotes clubs being tested