Playing a Yellow/Orange/Red/Green Ball

Our Sponsors

Even for us traditionalists, there are different gradations of white. The 'pure white' from Srixon was an adjustment for me since most urethane balls are more of an ivory and I was coming from Bridgestone's Tour BXS. I have tinkered with the idea of gaming something other than white, but I'm just not there yet. Even the matte and hot colors are still too weird for me. My neighbor games the Bridgestone e12s in matte red and it. is. BRIGHT. but I'd be willing to try em out. Don't know that I could say the same for yellow just yet...

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Subzero 9* loft with HZDRUS Smoke stiff
4-wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero (16.5*) with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI X
2-hybrid: :taylormade-small: GAPR Lo with stock KBS Hybrid 80g stiff
3i-PW: :ping-small: i210 blue dot, Power Spec, with TT DG S300 hard stepped

50* :vokey-small: SM7 TT DG S200
54*, and 58*: :mizuno-small: blue ion S18 with TT wedge
Putter: :ping-small: Redwood Piper 0*; :taylormade-small:Spider Tour Black

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR XV (but I'm not just going to leave a perfectly good ProV1/x laying around...)
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maxfli Tour in yellow for me. I prefer a colored ball and it helps me find it when I am way right....or left....

I found a ball that agrees with every aspect of my game. I love the feel off the driver, irons, and putter so without further dodo I present my favorite.

I may have to try the green. I found a Callaway Super Soft Green in the last round I played. I played it as my 2nd ball for the remainder of the round and honestly liked how easy it made the ball

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, deejaid said:

I like a good old-fashioned white ball. I find they are easiest to see for me.

Now some of the colored balls do look pretty cool though. My daughters like the colored Volviks, but a few of the colors, particularly the red and purple are very hard to see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven’t played with blue balls (no follow-up jokes here) ... but my buddy’s dad has (who no joke, his name is Woody) and it’s very difficult at times to keep track of his blue ball. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The 🙌🏼

1 minute ago, greggarner said:

Even for us traditionalists, there are different gradations of white. The 'pure white' from Srixon was an adjustment for me since most urethane balls are more of an ivory and I was coming from Bridgestone's Tour BXS. I have tinkered with the idea of gaming something other than white, but I'm just not there yet. Even the matte and hot colors are still too weird for me. My neighbor games the Bridgestone e12s in matte red and it. is. BRIGHT. but I'd be willing to try em out. Don't know that I could say the same for yellow just yet...

YES! My goodness, the Srixon’s are blindingly white ... seriously. Bought four dozen during their Father’s Day BOGO sale (which I’m regretting for they’re to firm and clicky in the short game area for me) and went with the white for the personalization that was done on them. 

Great ball overall. 

Have since reverted back to my optic yellow Snells and my short game improved significantly. 

C5ED885D-DF14-47D2-8003-CD5C9504B804.jpeg

311D471D-3404-4CFA-BFCF-FBF01C216F8C.jpeg

• Like 2

The 🙌🏼

I found a ball that agrees with every aspect of my game. I love the feel off the driver, irons, and putter so without further dodo I present my favorite.

17MAXM2018MXSFTFLGBLB_Matte_Green?wid=1400&fmt=pjpeg

Dicks has the white ones with patriotic logos ...3 doz for $30!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 LW(58*) w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Bellum Winmore 707; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Not sure what it is with my eyes but I cannot follow the red or orange.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Personally, i love colored balls. Ive played orange and yellow, red, and even pink Volviks (which i hated how they felt and put in my practice bucket), red/white, yellow/white and green/white callys.

I find them easier to find (except green/white) and i dont mind if others play them. However, im currently playing white Srixons that were given as tournament entry and im really enjoying them. For me, they are as long as anything else, but are really good around the greens for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1
8 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

The Vice lime greens are pretty nice and it’s not too loud (neon green) of a color. 👌🏼 

A friend if mine gave me a box of the Vice Pro Softs in green and I definitely like how they look. Great color. 

I usually like to use a yellow ball. I need to get some TP5s in yellow when my current stock levels get a little lower. 

• Like 3

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 10.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:callaway-small: X2 Hot 5-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:taylormade-small: TP5

I guess I am a little quirky regarding colors. On course its traditional white golf ball only. Wedge and putting green practice I actually enjoy the green/yellow varieties. No orange anything whatsoever. Have not tried red. 

• Like 3

I typically play a traditional white ball but from time to time I will play the Vice Pro in Red. Pretty good ball I'd have to say. 

• Like 1
  • Driver :callaway-small: 9* Epic Flash Stiff (Mitsubishi TENSE AV Blue Stiff 65) (with +1* loft)
  • 3W  default_cobra-small.jpg.8f58a841b8297702abec5f95f4fc05ce.jpg Cobra Speedzone (Oban Isawa Red 04 Stiff 75) 14* or :callaway-small: Rogue (Aldila Synergy Stiff 60) 15*
  • 3H default_callaway-small.jpg.7a7fb9960a65b711373a949427403d8e.jpg Callaway Rogue (Aldila Synergy Stiff 60) 19* or :cobra-small: Speedzone (UST Recoil 480 ESX (F4))
  • 5-A :mizuno-small: Mizuno JPX Hot Metal Pro (Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff) 22*-50*
  • 56* & 60* default_vokey-small.gif.df5eef7d30f8418f633a4b2e32b07941.gif SM8 56* S Grind 10*  (True Temper Dynamic Gold W) & SM8 60* S Grind 10* (True Temper Dynamic Gold W)
  • Putter default_scotty-small.jpg Newport 35" 1*
  • All clubs have :Arccos:
  • Ball :Snell: MTB-X, ProV1 :titelist-small:, or TP5 :taylormade-small:
  • Range Finder 1_In_Golf.png.97adec575f2fd3b7a728e6cc3c8bdf1f.pngBushnell Tour V4 Jolt Shift With Slope Patriot Pack
  • Bags  :1590477705_SunMountain: Sun Mountain C130 in Red, White, and Blue :titelist-small: Camo Players 4 Plus Stand Bag
  • Spikes  default_nike-small.jpg.53391a39fff9d697b262e2288c9fb3ce.jpgNike Infinity Pro, default_nike-small.jpg.53391a39fff9d697b262e2288c9fb3ce.jpgNike Roshe G Tour,default_nike-small.jpg.53391a39fff9d697b262e2288c9fb3ce.jpg Nike Janoski G Tour 

49 minutes ago, DevilDog29 said:

I typically play a traditional white ball but from time to time I will play the Vice Pro in Red. Pretty good ball I'd have to say. 

Vice is a considerably good ball. Played thru 5 dozens of their Vice Pro+ in lime green and liked it a lot. Tried Snells shortly thereafter and have been playing Snells ever since. 

Saw that they came out with softer hue, pastel colored balls as well. 

• Like 1

The 🙌🏼

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

A friend if mine gave me a box of the Vice Pro Softs in green and I definitely like how they look. Great color. 

I usually like to use a yellow ball. I need to get some TP5s in yellow when my current stock levels get a little lower. 

You know the big OEMs are taking it seriously when Titleist finally comes out (in the past 6 months or so) with a yellow ball for their Pro V1 lines. 

Edited by mikeanthony
  • Like 2

The 🙌🏼

2 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

You know the big OEMs are taking it seriously when Titleist finally comes out (in the past 6 months or so) with a yellow ball for their Pro V1 lines. 

Agreed. I’ve found a couple of these on course and really like the color of them. Of course, they’re really nice to hit too. It is serious business when the big companies join in. 

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 10.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:callaway-small: X2 Hot 5-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:taylormade-small: TP5

1 hour ago, mikeanthony said:

Vice is a considerably good ball. Played thru 5 dozens of their Vice Pro+ in lime green and liked it a lot. Tried Snells shortly thereafter and have been playing Snells ever since. 

I have yet to try the Snell balls, which do you recommend that is comparable to the Vice Pro? 

I seen this as well. I really like that they're adding flavor to the game!  

• Like 1
  • Driver :callaway-small: 9* Epic Flash Stiff (Mitsubishi TENSE AV Blue Stiff 65) (with +1* loft)
  • 3W  default_cobra-small.jpg.8f58a841b8297702abec5f95f4fc05ce.jpg Cobra Speedzone (Oban Isawa Red 04 Stiff 75) 14* or :callaway-small: Rogue (Aldila Synergy Stiff 60) 15*
  • 3H default_callaway-small.jpg.7a7fb9960a65b711373a949427403d8e.jpg Callaway Rogue (Aldila Synergy Stiff 60) 19* or :cobra-small: Speedzone (UST Recoil 480 ESX (F4))
  • 5-A :mizuno-small: Mizuno JPX Hot Metal Pro (Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff) 22*-50*
  • 56* & 60* default_vokey-small.gif.df5eef7d30f8418f633a4b2e32b07941.gif SM8 56* S Grind 10*  (True Temper Dynamic Gold W) & SM8 60* S Grind 10* (True Temper Dynamic Gold W)
  • Putter default_scotty-small.jpg Newport 35" 1*
  • All clubs have :Arccos:
  • Ball :Snell: MTB-X, ProV1 :titelist-small:, or TP5 :taylormade-small:
  • Range Finder 1_In_Golf.png.97adec575f2fd3b7a728e6cc3c8bdf1f.pngBushnell Tour V4 Jolt Shift With Slope Patriot Pack
  • Bags  :1590477705_SunMountain: Sun Mountain C130 in Red, White, and Blue :titelist-small: Camo Players 4 Plus Stand Bag
  • Spikes  default_nike-small.jpg.53391a39fff9d697b262e2288c9fb3ce.jpgNike Infinity Pro, default_nike-small.jpg.53391a39fff9d697b262e2288c9fb3ce.jpgNike Roshe G Tour,default_nike-small.jpg.53391a39fff9d697b262e2288c9fb3ce.jpg Nike Janoski G Tour 

1 hour ago, DevilDog29 said:

I have yet to try the Snell balls, which do you recommend that is comparable to the Vice Pro? 

I seen this as well. I really like that they're adding flavor to the game!  

It would be the MTB versions of Snell ... with the Blacks being softer and the Xs being firmer. I’ll say this, these golf balls absolutely work for me off the tee ... and it was noticeably different off the tees compared to the Vice. 

• Like 1

The 🙌🏼

5 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

My wife is *begging* me to get some of the new pastel balls. But she wants to decorate with them as they coordinate with her existing love affair with Lilly Pulitzer 🙄 if they weren't the Pro Softs, I might try em. But I'm pretty confident they'll be too soft for my taste.

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Subzero 9* loft with HZDRUS Smoke stiff
4-wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero (16.5*) with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI X
2-hybrid: :taylormade-small: GAPR Lo with stock KBS Hybrid 80g stiff
3i-PW: :ping-small: i210 blue dot, Power Spec, with TT DG S300 hard stepped

50* :vokey-small: SM7 TT DG S200
54*, and 58*: :mizuno-small: blue ion S18 with TT wedge
Putter: :ping-small: Redwood Piper 0*; :taylormade-small:Spider Tour Black

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR XV (but I'm not just going to leave a perfectly good ProV1/x laying around...)
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review

I tried yellow, and found that they were easier to track in a cloudy overcast sky, but harder to find in the grass - especially when it is sunny out and the yellow ball and the glare of the sun against the grass blades blend together so well the ball is almost camouflaged. Here in the western part of the country where I am, we have a lot more sun than cloudy overcast days, so white works better for me.

I do play an orange or pink ball in the fall when fallen leaves litter the fairways. It is too bad there is not a tour-quality orange or pink ball out there at the moment.

Q-Star Tour yellow for me

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Mavrik Max 9 degree loft w/ROUGE white X-Stiff 70g

Maverick Max 3W, 5W w/ROUGE white X-Stiff 70g

Mavrik Max 3H, KBS tour prototype 70/80 X-Stiff 80g

Speedblade 4-PW, AW, SW KBS Siff 85g

Ghost Sypder putter

bourbon to be drank neat