Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Wisconsin Golf Trip Options?

So my buddies and I all live around Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We are looking into having a golf trip this fall and were wondering what some reasonable places/resorts are to go for 3 days of golf? Any suggestions would be helpful

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Hello, neighbor! I, too, live in the Greater Milwaukee area, and can hopefully able to offer some suggestions to consider:

Of course, there are the options most golfers know about: Kohler (Whistling Straits, Blackwolf Run), Sand Valley/Mammoth Dunes, Erin Hills (which would be super close)...but I might offer some others that are a bit more reasonable, per your request.

The Links Course at Lawsonia is an amazing place to play, and is quite reasonable when it comes to cost. It's just about 1 hr. 30 min. northwest of Milwaukee in Green Lake, WI. The course ranks on most Best Public Courses lists out there, and it's always less than $100 to play a round. They even offer all-day unlimited play rates for just over $100 with cart.  The course itself is a true throwback to the golden age of golf course design. There is also another course on the property (The Woodlands), which I have not played. Sounds like it's a more traditional parkland layout. I know there are stay-and-play packages available with lodging options on site. I think there are a couple other courses in Green Lake as well, but Lawsonia is the main event up there. I posted some pictures from when I played there in May. I highly recommend playing The Links at some point, no matter what.

Door County could be another option, especially in fall. Along with the changing colors of the leaves, Door County offers several courses to choose from, and all would be pretty close together. I've played Cherry Hills in Sturgeon Bay, but I think there are at least 6 or 7 other courses in that area. The one that's next on my to-play list is the Peninsula State Park course. The views of Green Bay and the surrounding water look amazing when I camp up there and drive by the course (if camping is an option for your golf trip, I would definitely recommend staying at Peninsula State Park as well). There's also plenty of other places and things to see in Door County, so it would be a pretty fun several days.

SentryWorld up in Stevens Point would be another potential destination, but they are closed until at least September 8 due to the pandemic.

Hope this helps!

No7Lawsonia.jpg

LawsoniaBack9.jpg

LawsoniaRock.jpg

What's In My  :nike-small: Xtreme Sport IV Carry Stand Bag:

:srixon-small: ZX5 Driver (9.5*)

:cobra-small: Baffler XL 3 Wood

:taylormade-small: Burner Rescue 3 Hybrid

:cobra-small: F8 5 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Irons (5-PW)

:Sub70: 286 Forged Wedge: 50* and 54*, JB Forged Wedge: 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8882 Putter

:srixon-small: Q Star Tour Ball

Awesome. Yes I have played links of Lawsonia before and that is an amazing course. I’ll have to check out door county! That would be an awesome trip.
Appreciate the information!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

I've done both Lawsonia and Door County for Golf Outings in the past as well as the Kohler courses - I used to live in Sheboygan.

I can't say enough for Lawsonia - two very nice courses one of which used to be ranked in the top 100 in the country.  But Door County in the Fall is spectacular. 

Enjoy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD