Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Fitted for new Driver and 3 Wood

So I spend a lot of time in Hong Kong, and take lessons from the GolfTe facility there.  I wanted to get fitted for a new driver shaft for my Epic Flash Sub Zero.  Tried all they had, but the instructor recommended another facility that carried a wide range of shafts.  Tested the Ventus, Tour ADT, Project X, with some decent results.  Then the fitter asked me to try one more, it was a TPT red series.  The results were amazing, I was "in love", hit two series the Hi and the Low version of the TPT 18.  The Lo got the most distance, with very good dispersion, the high was about 2-3 yards less on average, but the dispersion looked the size of a nickel with ten shots.  Even the toe, heel hits were better than the shaft I was playing.  Then can the hammer.....when I asked about the price, I almost passed out.

Absolutely love the performance and feel of the shaft, but at $500 a piece I had a very hard time getting over the hump.  Went back the next day, intending to buy the Ventus, but wound up with the TPT.  I don't "tinker" a lot and tend to keep clubs for a longer time than many, and I really like the guarantee that if the actual on course results are not what I saw on the machine, they will take the shafts back, or something like that.  Waiting for customs to release my clubs, then I will see what happens in the "real world", my instructor was amazed at the difference the shaft made in my tee shots and the 3 wood on the shot monitor numbers.

looking forward to hearing more about the performance of the TPT shafts. Was looking around to see if there was anywhere around me that has them and there is only one place in Canada apparently,  TXG , that has them. 

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Holy smokes, I didn't realize they made shafts that expensive.  Good to hear it fits like a glove and hope it produces on the course.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

• 1 month later...

The first couple of trips to the range were not impressive, but I had reverted to some of the swing issues I had before the fitting.  It is a different animal being outdoors and not on a launch monitor.  The last two weeks have shown what the TPT shafts are capable of if they are the right fit.  

When I swing correctly and don't try to "grip it and rip it", I am realizing about 25-30 yards distance gained and a much better dispersal pattern and the ball flight is exactly what I want.  Even the instructor went....."Damn"!! the other day during a playing lesson.  The cool thing is that even with the "bad swings" I am getting 15 yards more distance than the stock shaft and what would have been trouble is now at worst first cut of rough.......most of the time.  I still have enough "talent" to yank one off the planet or scream loudly "fore right" at exactly the worst possible moment, but hey it is golf.  Hardest thing I've tried to do not including staying married.....LOL