Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

SHOTSCOPE V3

HAC

I sometimes walk and have a GPS (Bushnell Phantom) and a Laser (Bushnell) to distances when I do.  I use the laser when I ride but tend to use the GPS on the cart.

But with rain (and cartpath only) and some carts having GPS's that do not work, I like having a second small GPS as well.  

I have one, so everything has been fine.  However, last week I let my wife use the Phantom and now she wants it.  So, I need a new item.  The Phantom is cheap enough, is simple and works easily enough, so I could get another one of those.  But, I also have been thinking about getting a watch instead.  I have thought about getting a Bushnell watch as I like the Phantom more than I liked a Garmin watch I used to have.  But, then for not much difference in price (if at all) from a watch, I saw this.  I don't know whether I will like and find useful (or find a pain in the neck) all the information that one can get from this.  But, it is worth trying if the watch is good.  [I mean it is only $20 more than the Shotscope pure watch.]

So, my question is how is this as a pure GPS watch.  Is it as easy to use as a GPS watch as a Bushnell watch would be or should I only get this if I really know that I want all the statistics.  Is it as accurate as a GPS as a Bushnell would be?

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by HAC
  • :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311 Gen 6 Hybrids 3-28 and 31 degrees.
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • image.png.e5dbe8fedd098b46b3fda77752b5beae.png MG4 56.12 with Fujikura Ventus TR Blue Flex: R
  • LAB DF3 putter - 33 inches long, 71 degree lie angle, Accra shaft
  • Bridgestone B X or Titleist Pro V-1x

image.png

image.png

I played last week with a SSV3, a Garmin S10, and a Fitbit/plus golf app.  Same course at the same time.  All three gave different numbers for most of the day.  They seemed to be in the ballpark in most cases, just not the same.  The Fitbit seemed to be the most off.

It could be they all measure correctly but their maps are different, or maybe one is better than the.  No way for me to know.  I’m not good enough to hit an exact yardage anyway.  F/M/B is good enough for me.

Which one is the most accurate?  The one you have with you.