Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Club yardage run through.

Does anyone know where I can go and get accurate yardages on all my clubs. I live in the inland empire in California. The ranges are great but I want to know pinpoint yardages. If that makes sense. 
Any hep is greatly appreciated!

Thanks Yall!

Rory A Gaddy

Swing u app, pay the upgrade. Allows you to track all clubs each shot, based on gps. Is on your phone, excellent scoring app and tracks all stats except putting distance.

Choose club at shot location. Hit track botton and club your using. Hit shot and walk to ball. Hit end shot. Saves distance for that shot and club.

Ive used it for several years. Quality, helpful app with gps course overlay.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

There are a lot of apps out there, as previously mentioned, swing u as one of them.

Personally I have started using the Arccos system so I don't have to manually select the clubs to be tracked, as the app gets the sensor already in the club and register as the shot for me.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

While the apps are nice suggestions they track total distance. The OP stated he wanted “pinpoint” distances which I interpret as carry since rollout cannot be precisely determined. The only ways to find accurate carry distance is to find a launch monitor that can measure all the data or have a person mark where the ball is landing and use a laser to measure distance.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

13 hours ago, Rogad09 said:

Does anyone know where I can go and get accurate yardages on all my clubs

FWIW....

You can already easily do this. At your local golf course. All you need is a little time and a LRF. There's no need to go purchase any technology other than what you probably already have. If you have a GPS they're handy also. That's what I used to do. I found it to not only be useful for nailing my distances but fun as you're also practicing various shots and clubs. Of course all this has to happen on the golf course with your game balls.. Not the range.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Go to a course and drop a few balls at various yardages and hit them into the green.

For launch monitor data find a place that rents out a bay with launch monitor

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I agree, go to a place that will rent out a bay for you.  If it's a retail store, make sure they put the settings to stock/normal.  I know some places will set wind at your back or hard ground to get extra yardage or they can change elevation.  All tricks to make the customer think they are hitting the ball farther than what they really do.  Just a little heads up.  Our local Dicks does this a lot.  Once there, hit 15-20 shots with each club and take your average CARRY distance, not rollout.  Make sure you stretch before hand, you will be hitting a lot of balls. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

On 7/20/2020 at 7:21 AM, cnosil said:

While the apps are nice suggestions they track total distance. The OP stated he wanted “pinpoint” distances which I interpret as carry since rollout cannot be precisely determined. The only ways to find accurate carry distance is to find a launch monitor that can measure all the data or have a person mark where the ball is landing and use a laser to measure distance.

Thank you thats more what i was taking about cause i use a garmin g80 as well as my arccos equip but thats on the course and not always a clean strike. 

Rory A Gaddy

On 7/20/2020 at 7:28 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Go to a course and drop a few balls at various yardages and hit them into the green.

For launch monitor data find a place that rents out a bay with launch monitor

Thats what ive been looking for but havent found any bays with launch monitors in my area. 

Rory A Gaddy

On 7/20/2020 at 6:09 PM, ballplayer002003 said:

I agree, go to a place that will rent out a bay for you.  If it's a retail store, make sure they put the settings to stock/normal.  I know some places will set wind at your back or hard ground to get extra yardage or they can change elevation.  All tricks to make the customer think they are hitting the ball farther than what they really do.  Just a little heads up.  Our local Dicks does this a lot.  Once there, hit 15-20 shots with each club and take your average CARRY distance, not rollout.  Make sure you stretch before hand, you will be hitting a lot of balls. 

This is exactly what i was talking about thank you just dont know any spots near me that do this i live in riverside/corona california. 

Rory A Gaddy

Thank you thats more what i was taking about cause i use a garmin g80 as well as my arccos equip but thats on the course and not always a clean strike. 

You don’t want to just measure a clean strike. You want to capture the entire distribution circle for all your shots to know how short, long, left, and right you can go. You ultimately lay this pattern on top where you want the ball to land and avoid the most penal areas

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

You don’t want to just measure a clean strike. You want to capture the entire distribution circle for all your shots to know how short, long, left, and right you can go. You ultimately lay this pattern on top where you want the ball to land and avoid the most penal areas

Amen!  Many of us select a club based on a near-perfect stroke, and most strikes are anything but near-perfect.  In a perfect world you should understand both your perfect distance and your average good shot distance.  If you hit an average good shot, that should get you near the hole.  On those rare occasions you hit one perfectly, that really should be past the hole by a bit.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

6 hours ago, Rogad09 said:

Thats what ive been looking for but havent found any bays with launch monitors in my area. 

@cnosil and @DaveP043 already touched on the aspect of not just clean strikes but average

Golf shops like golf galaxy, 2ndswing, golf mart or fairway golf that do fittings may have the monitor to use/rent so that you could test. Another option is look for a Top Tracer range

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

@cnosil and @DaveP043 already touched on the aspect of not just clean strikes but average

Golf shops like golf galaxy, 2ndswing, golf mart or fairway golf that do fittings may have the monitor to use/rent so that you could test. Another option is look for a Top Tracer range

Above all, take what was said to heart.  Use ALL of your strikes to get your average.  The more shots you can hit the better, just use all (except if you maybe shank one). 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"