TESTERS WANTED! ×

Today i got an invite for  a free round at a proper golf course with a buggy (cos i cant walk 18 full holes) i`ve got a pair of cheap shoes and the rest of my attire conformed to the club dress code but because my shoes werent footjoys and my shirt wasn`t a big brand

the other 2 people in the group who were members of the club took great delight in trying to ridicule me i wont even talk about clubs plus bag .My friend who invited me also wants to get into golf again so his boss paid for the round for us both (nice gesture) he could not come

To cut a long story short the 10th green / 11th tee is more or less in front of the club house and i retired from the round there . I didnt want to spoil my manners but i couldnt bite my tongue any longer . the conduct of these 2 golfer / member was disgusting .Golf need more people ,so do some clubs ,so why are people so snobbish ,probably one more reason just to play my par 3 course and just talk to myself

Today i got an invite for  a free round at a proper golf course with a buggy (cos i cant walk 18 full holes) i`ve got a pair of cheap shoes and the rest of my attire conformed to the club dress code but because my shoes werent footjoys and my shirt wasn`t a big brand
the other 2 people in the group who were members of the club took great delight in trying to ridicule me i wont even talk about clubs plus bag .My friend who invited me also wants to get into golf again so his boss paid for the round for us both (nice gesture) he could not come
To cut a long story short the 10th green / 11th tee is more or less in front of the club house and i retired from the round there . I didnt want to spoil my manners but i couldnt bite my tongue any longer . the conduct of these 2 golfer / member was disgusting .Golf need more people ,so do some clubs ,so why are people so snobbish ,probably one more reason just to play my par 3 course and just talk to myself

Sorry to hear about your experience. Yes, those golfers should have kept their thoughts to themselves and you should be proud of yourself for not responding.

Unfortunately, this type of behavior isn’t limited to golf.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

55 minutes ago, kingfive said:

I am absolutely sorry for your experience, unfortunately, almost everywhere you go, there will be people like that, they feel absolutely entitled and get off on ridiculing other people, specially if they are new to the sport. I remember when I started, and played with one of my coworkers for the first time, there was a lot unnecessary comments, from my horrible game to my clubs, (very cheap set from K-mart), and everything else in between, rather than let it discourage me, I started playing with other co workers who were much more welcoming of me and my game.

People like that give the sport of golf a bad reputation, as if it was something inaccessible to anyone.

I hope your future rounds are by all means better experiences.

If you travel to the US, or on the other hand, I am on your neck of the woods, you have an open invitation to play with my self and my friends @kingfive.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

1 hour ago, kingfive said:

Sorry to hear about your experience. I admire your patience, as I would have probably walked off sooner. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

That is unfortunate. Don't let the immaturity of a few ruin it for you. At some point we were all new to the sport and ran into jerks like that. I'm glad you didn't lower yourself by firing back a few unkind words. One thing I would have done was ask to speak to the club manager and let him know how his members treated a guest. Then let him know that you lost interest in joining a club that allows members to behave like that ( even if you had no intent on joining ). Then I'm sure the manager will speak to them and they can enjoy crawling out of the hole they dug for themselves! Too bad you couldn't be there to see it 😃

As mentioned earlier, I would also take you out on my course if you were ever this way.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Sounds like the two you were paired with never did grow out of their petty teenage years. Sad, really.

On a humorous note regarding, shoes, I recently rushed to the golf course and as I was unloading my golf bag from the car, noticed I had forgotten my golf shoes and was still wearing my lawn-mowing shoes. They are horribly stained green, torn and have a hard, slippery tread. My playing partners, if they noticed, didn't mention a word about them. I was worried that I'd slip and end up on my rear end with every tee shot. Luckily, I managed to shoot a fairly respectable (for me) 77 that round.

Sorry you had that experience.  Some people are just immature jerks.  You certainly wouldn't hear that from any of the folks that I play with.  And I would have walked off also and as noted above mentioned it to the head Pro.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

That just makes me mad.  I don't understand why anyone feels the need to pump their-selves up to feel better by making disparaging remarks to and about anyone else. 

Consider yourself invited to another round in the US if you are ever in the DC/Baltimore area.    As others have said, I'm confident if you keep playing, you will find the majority of the people you get paired with will be much more enjoyable to share a round with. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I want to let it be known it wasn't me. I have an alibi. I was at work.  

Fortunately there are plenty of courses open to the rest of us, and that's where I'd rather be too.  Until I got some new clearance footjoys recently, my old shoes look like I found them in a dumpster.  For awhile after college, I lost my driver headcover so I used an old sock to protect my driver(I wrote 'D' in a big block letter w/ a sharpie). 

It doesn't matter how you dress. It doesn't even really matter how you play. But how you conduct yourself on the golf course matters. 

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

32 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That just makes me mad.  I don't understand why anyone feels the need to pump their-selves up to feel better by making disparaging remarks to and about anyone else. 

+1.  I have less than zero tolerance for people like that... assjacks!  I certainly hope it does not sour your desire to play the game.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Sounds like the two you were paired with never did grow out of their petty teenage years. Sad, really.
On a humorous note regarding, shoes, I recently rushed to the golf course and as I was unloading my golf bag from the car, noticed I had forgotten my golf shoes and was still wearing my lawn-mowing shoes. They are horribly stained green, torn and have a hard, slippery tread. My playing partners, if they noticed, didn't mention a word about them. I was worried that I'd slip and end up on my rear end with every tee shot. Luckily, I managed to shoot a fairly respectable (for me) 77 that round.

Maybe you should skip wearing golf shoes

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I would have not given the guys the satisfaction of quitting. I would have continued playing and found a way to make their round miserable without saying a word. Come to Georgia, we will make sure you have a great time and you can play in your flip-flops.😀

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I would have done two things. Firstly told the Pro shop and secondly told your friends boss. Clubs today are struggling to get new members, if this happened at our club they would have been crucified as the President has know tolerance for any sort of discriminatory behavior. 

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

That's annoying.  You would think as an adult, people would grow out of high school tendencies but that isn't the world we live in.  I hope continue to play.  Like people have said, there are plenty of awesome people out there that play and plenty of cool members.

On 7/21/2020 at 10:26 AM, kingfive said:

Sorry about that experience. Just forget it and keep swinging! Golf is fun when with the right company.

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

On 7/21/2020 at 8:26 AM, kingfive said:

Thats ridiculous, sorry you had a bad experience. Some clubs do have a reputation for not being that welcoming, which is mind blowing. Especially since most clubs need new members. 

I’ve received some snide comments before bc I’m not using the newest equipment or whatever... then I drive it 30 yards past their ball and they shut their mouth. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

There are certainly snobby clubs and members, but I believe that most courses are welcoming to new players.  Brush off bad experiences and look for the good ones.

Many years ago we had a country club that was private.  When the industry took a downturn, they became "semi-private" so they could get daily fee players to help offset costs.  A friend of mine worked at the club and was the membership director.  She did a great job and a lot of people joined, not just for golf but for tennis and the pool as well.  Well, she had several new members come to her saying that the golf members treated them very poorly and would not play with them.  They left the club.  She resigned.  Membership declined.  I hear now that the course may be closing soon, and we don't have enough courses in our area.  I guess those members got what they deserved, but it's been 25 years since a new course was built and tee times are hard to get.  We can't afford to have any courses close.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Those "Golfers" don't know or don't care to follow the First Rule of Golf.

I think Bobby Jones said this about 100 years ago.  (Not an exact quote)

Golf is a Gentlemen's Game. So when in doubt act like a Gentlemen.

WITB:

Driver:  Taylormade  SLDR Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH.   

3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 3W

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 710 AP1 5-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie 

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Ping Grayhawk Putter

You did the right thing walking off.  I know that I can be bust chops but there is an art to reading people to make sure they're 1) ok with it 2) will bust my chops right back.   You need a few holes to figure this out and make get to know everyone.  I'm sorry you experienced this and hope you give the course another try.  

I also hope that you get your game together and then play with them again to whoop their butts with your off-brand clubs and shoes.  Send them home with their tails between their legs. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos: