Jump to content
Tsmithjr9

Done with Golf Now

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

  Well, you've seen what it says on the back of my truck!

MVIMG_20200716_164718.jpg.9b3ac1198ebf1155d7bcac5e34132915.jpg
I didn't see that but freakin awesome!

Take Dead Aim

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

 

Hello There!

 

It's nice to see so many people ready to pep me back and encourage me to keep going!

 

Take Dead Aim

 

 

 

We are always here to drown our post round sorrows in our virtual 19th hole.

 

  • Like 1

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Driver :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're actually looking into using Golf Now at our new range and practice course opening next spring. Like many things and in this case GN some may like it and others may not. The first reason we're considering it because of the cost. Which as I understand today is... no cost to us. There are many golf course tee sheet & POS systems out there and all of them come with a price tag. Our situation is somewhat unique in that we're a non-profit (First Tee chapter) and our facility will consist of a full range (long and short game range, putting green, chipping green with sand bunkers) along with a 6-hole practice course. GN will save us money and the tee sheet can be customized to 6-holes only. There will be a free/no cost POS system, custom website, marketing, and the app for bookings etc. Again... no cost. In return we give up a few tee times each day where GN will make a profit. Works for me so far. 

I don't know the nitty gritty details of what a user who books a tee time online/app at our course would experience or the terms of a refund if any. I'd assume that we'd have control over that unless the tee times are special GN Hot Deals that we've given up to them. But I'd assume a user who registers/books a tee time is presented with terms of some sort regarding a cancellation. I also will assume it's in GN favor to allow or not a refund or cancellation if the tee time is exclusively theirs. Should we decide to us GN I'm sure there will be some who will experience a situation as described by the gentleman starting this post. Nothing is perfect for everyone. Of course people will also be able to call and book directly with us. At this time there appear to be more upside to us by using GN than downside. Many "specials" come with restrictive terms as the purpose might be to sell something not moving, reduce inventory or generate traffic, etc. It's not unusual to see restrictions disallowing a refund or exchange in situations like this. All Sales Are Final - No Refunds. That's a type of risk consumers will take each day for a variety of items. I'm currently high on using the GN system at our course. We'll see.

  • Like 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

                                                                               :755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

                                                                                :edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

We're actually looking into using Golf Now at our new range and practice course opening next spring. Like many things and in this case GN some may like it and others may not. The first reason we're considering it because of the cost. Which as I understand today is... no cost to us. There are many golf course tee sheet & POS systems out there and all of them come with a price tag. Our situation is somewhat unique in that we're a non-profit (First Tee chapter) and our facility will consist of a full range (long and short game range, putting green, chipping green with sand bunkers) along with a 6-hole practice course. GN will save us money and the tee sheet can be customized to 6-holes only. There will be a free/no cost POS system, custom website, marketing, and the app for bookings etc. Again... no cost. In return we give up a few tee times each day where GN will make a profit. Works for me so far. 

I don't know the nitty gritty details of what a user who books a tee time online/app at our course would experience or the terms of a refund if any. I'd assume that we'd have control over that unless the tee times are special GN Hot Deals that we've given up to them. But I'd assume a user who registers/books a tee time is presented with terms of some sort regarding a cancellation. I also will assume it's in GN favor to allow or not a refund or cancellation if the tee time is exclusively theirs. Should we decide to us GN I'm sure there will be some who will experience a situation as described by the gentleman starting this post. Nothing is perfect for everyone. Of course people will also be able to call and book directly with us. At this time there appear to be more upside to us by using GN than downside. Many "specials" come with restrictive terms as the purpose might be to sell something not moving, reduce inventory or generate traffic, etc. It's not unusual to see restrictions disallowing a refund or exchange in situations like this. All Sales Are Final - No Refunds. That's a type of risk consumers will take each day for a variety of items. I'm currently high on using the GN system at our course. We'll see.

It may work for you but for clubs in my area it has devalued membership and helped in the decline in numbers.


WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alf. S said:

It may work for you but for clubs in my area it has devalued membership and helped in the decline in numbers.

It doesn't work for me (but it might) as we haven't starting using it or agreed to a service agreement yet. Can you expand on your claim? I'm interested.

How has membership been devalued and what numbers have declined? Keep in mind we are not a golf club, country club, Muni, etc. We're only a practice/range facility with a 6-hole practice course.

Thanks


My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

                                                                               :755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

                                                                                :edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 9:55 AM, PlaidJacket said:

We're actually looking into using Golf Now at our new range and practice course opening next spring. Like many things and in this case GN some may like it and others may not. The first reason we're considering it because of the cost. Which as I understand today is... no cost to us. There are many golf course tee sheet & POS systems out there and all of them come with a price tag. Our situation is somewhat unique in that we're a non-profit (First Tee chapter) and our facility will consist of a full range (long and short game range, putting green, chipping green with sand bunkers) along with a 6-hole practice course. GN will save us money and the tee sheet can be customized to 6-holes only. There will be a free/no cost POS system, custom website, marketing, and the app for bookings etc. Again... no cost. In return we give up a few tee times each day where GN will make a profit. Works for me so far. 

I don't know the nitty gritty details of what a user who books a tee time online/app at our course would experience or the terms of a refund if any. I'd assume that we'd have control over that unless the tee times are special GN Hot Deals that we've given up to them. But I'd assume a user who registers/books a tee time is presented with terms of some sort regarding a cancellation. I also will assume it's in GN favor to allow or not a refund or cancellation if the tee time is exclusively theirs. Should we decide to us GN I'm sure there will be some who will experience a situation as described by the gentleman starting this post. Nothing is perfect for everyone. Of course people will also be able to call and book directly with us. At this time there appear to be more upside to us by using GN than downside. Many "specials" come with restrictive terms as the purpose might be to sell something not moving, reduce inventory or generate traffic, etc. It's not unusual to see restrictions disallowing a refund or exchange in situations like this. All Sales Are Final - No Refunds. That's a type of risk consumers will take each day for a variety of items. I'm currently high on using the GN system at our course. We'll see.

We use this at our TFT facilities in Richmond. I do believe that you agree to all of the T's and C's when you check out. It's not perfect, but it's hard to beat the price. One thing I have noticed is that people tend to sign up for times and not show up. We say we'll assess a penalty for no shows, but I don't believe that we do. I could see it being an issue for early tee times. 

I'm a program volunteer, not ops, so I don't have first hand knowledge. PM me and I can put you in touch with some of our ops folks. 


What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/25/2020 at 1:56 PM, PlaidJacket said:

It doesn't work for me (but it might) as we haven't starting using it or agreed to a service agreement yet. Can you expand on your claim? I'm interested.

How has membership been devalued and what numbers have declined? Keep in mind we are not a golf club, country club, Muni, etc. We're only a practice/range facility with a 6-hole practice course.

Thanks

 

 

 

Going back 10 years ago the visitor fees in our area would be in the region of £25 to £35, our club membership at the time was £650. For some people to justifying the membership  at the club they do the basic maths of 650/30 = 22 rounds a years and you break even. Last year on retiring I visited a lot of local courses using GN and the most I paid was £18 with the cheapest £12. Our own course had hot deals for £12, doing the same calculation you are now at 54 rounds which is much harder to justify and makes membership look like poor value for money. Clubs like ours are 85% funded by members, our visitor numbers (not revenue) are up due to the new trend of nomad golfing but membership numbers have dropped, this is not all GN but I see it as one of the issues, they are setting the visitor fees.

The one thing that GN are good at is marketing and if you are a new practise facility then you have a different revenue model so it may make sense.

Edited by Alf. S

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...