Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

COVID sucks generally, but I gotta say, its been good for my game and my relationship with me daughter - who introduced me to Instagram (for better or worse) and made my favorite golf accessory - the bag you see here.  I've gotten 48 rounds in so far this spring/summer, and just this week the old GHIN machine spat out a 9. Arccos calls it an 8.8.  Either way I haven't seen that for a while.  Arccos credits my driving, chipping and sand play for the improvement - its my putting that's holding me back..

The introduction to Instagram influenced the shot below.  MGS influenced the driver, rangefinder, putter, etc...

IMG_5172.jpeg.76d8b24a52cf4ec3311ee87cdb9b7e77.jpeg

A couple items were just added to the bag, but were tardy to the photoshoot - the new MIM wedges from Cobra just swapped out last years model, and I added a one length 5H to replace the 5I to improve my gapping - if I ever move away from the one length, I'd probably still keep the hybrids as I really love 'em.  The most noteworthy addition to the bag this year is the driver - a Mavrik sub-zero.  I went in to get fit for a Mavrik Max, or Cobra speedzone extreme - but they put me in the sub-zero.     Anyway, this is my set up with a couple of humble-brags tucked in - they are my "happy thoughts" on the course. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_5552.jpeg.dac974f43a40580d12282e08b3deef0d.jpegOk, I've been drooling over these Cobra ForgedTec Black irons ever since I saw them.  Have always been a little afraid that its too much of a players club for me.  But I've been playing well, and my ball striking has been my strength - so I decided to give them a try.  Found a used set at Golf Galaxy.  Ironically, they aren't the stock shafts but some KBS shafts that are in my current set.  So I talked them down in price a bit, and couldn't resist.   They'll get their grand debut tomorrow.  Had some range time and the feel great.  I mean really great. And they look sooo good. 

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts

A nest of vipers...

IMG_5574.jpeg.8664d5dbfe51a6fcf51f31d700fcf80c.jpeg

Thanks for posting. LOVE your bag from The Prairie Club. Can't wait for my next visit.  Please say hello to Granny Pines for me!

:cobra-small: F9 9* Atmos Tour Spec Black 6s 45"

:nickent-small:  17* and 20* Hybrids Aldila NVS

:macgregor-small:  VIP V-foil 1025c 4-P True Temper 120g ProPel Lite 2* flat, 1* strong

:cleveland-small:  CG10 52* (bent 50*) and 56 (bent 55*)

:mizuno-small:   MpTseries 60* Raw Haze

:ping-small:   Faith Wack-E 32"

:taylormade-small:TP5 ball

:titelist-small: Stand bag

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_0753.JPGIMG_0754.JPG

My daughter made the design the fabric and made me a golf towel with a longing to clean the clubs, even a pocket to clean both sides or a ball simultaneously

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

That bag is amazing.  Best project I have seen anyone do this year.

:titelist-small: 917 D2 9.5 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 70g 6.5
:taylormade-small: M2 (2017) 3W 17.5 -  
:ping-small: G 4H 22 - 
:titelist-small: 735cm 3 - PW - KBS Tour Black Nickel 115g ( R )
:vokey-small: SM4 Tour Chrome 52˚- 8˚ | 56˚- 8˚ | 60˚- 7˚ - True Temper Dynamic Gold ( W )
:cameron-small: California Coronado
:Snell: 
MTB-X
:Arccos:

Best project I have seen anyone do this year.

Thanks. We had a good time with it, and gave her some work to do during the lockdown.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 4 weeks later...

It's really neat how you laid all the clubs out for the picture!

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg