Our Sponsors

Congratulations to Michelle for being selected as a co-captain at the Solheim Cup.  Very deserving and she will bring lots of good energy to the team.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/shifted-priorities-michelle-wie-west-named-solheim-cup-assistant-captain

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!

• Like 5

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

It's a shame she has potentially played her last competitive round. If you would have told somebody 10 years ago she was going to have the career she's had, they wouldn't have believed you.

I wonder if she's going to become a cautionary tale to all these parents who have their kids "specialize" in golf at a young age, and play what probably amounts to too much. Lots of wrist and ankle injuries that could potentially be related. Lots of studies show that multi-sport athletes have less injury concerns then those who specialize. I know parents want their kids to get scholarships and become pro athletes, but there are definitely side effects.

• Like 3

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

14 minutes ago, newballcoach said:

It's a shame she has potentially played her last competitive round. If you would have told somebody 10 years ago she was going to have the career she's had, they wouldn't have believed you.

I wonder if she's going to become a cautionary tale to all these parents who have their kids "specialize" in golf at a young age, and play what probably amounts to too much. Lots of wrist and ankle injuries that could potentially be related. Lots of studies show that multi-sport athletes have less injury concerns then those who specialize. I know parents want their kids to get scholarships and become pro athletes, but there are definitely side effects.

I don't know, she won $6M in prize money and probably earned another $20M in endorsements -- I'd say that's a pretty huge accomplishment for a 30-year old LPGA athlete. Side effect is that she is now a proud mother herself and is still endorsed by Nike and getting opportunities to rep her country? Don't know how much more proud of her I could be if I were her father, and definitely wouldn't use her as a cautionary tale. I bet if you gave her 100 chances to relive her life, she wouldn't change a single thing.

• Like 7

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 58.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

21 minutes ago, newballcoach said:

Only reason she possibly has played her last competitive round (And I don't believe she has) is if she is choosing too since she now has her first child and has said she hopes to have more. 

Even if you are right I don't believe she will be a "cautionary tale" because she still had a highly successful career and she has also talked about how much she appreciated her parents pushing her and even was quoted saying " I owe them everything" after winning the 2014 US Open. 

• Like 2

Driver:  :honma: TR20 (7.5*) - Vizard FP-7X , 1" short & tipped 1", 9 gram weight in the back

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TS3 (14.25*) - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ White 80X, 2 extra grams of head weight

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

9 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I don't know, she won $6M in prize money and probably earned another $20M in endorsements -- I'd say that's a pretty huge accomplishment for a 30-year old LPGA athlete. Side effect is that she is now a proud mother herself and is still endorsed by Nike and getting opportunities to rep her country? Don't know how much more proud of her I could be if I were her father, and definitely wouldn't use her as a cautionary tale. I bet if you gave her 100 chances to relive her life, she wouldn't change a single thing.

Spot on here Kory. 

• Like 3

Driver:  :honma: TR20 (7.5*) - Vizard FP-7X , 1" short & tipped 1", 9 gram weight in the back

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TS3 (14.25*) - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ White 80X, 2 extra grams of head weight

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

11 hours ago, newballcoach said:

Was it that she specialized or that her parents had her competing at a higher level than she was ready for by getting her into mens events and then having her turn pro at an early age instead of going to college.

She was also unfortunately struck by constant injury which nobody can predict will happen to anyone. She also chose to go to collies at Stanford during her peak years which limited her ability to prep and play at a high level. 

If anything related or her is a cautionary tale is that parents can be too controlling and have their interests more in mind than their kids. Lydia Ko is another example of parents interference can lead to a drop off on the course 

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

17 hours ago, newballcoach said:

There is a chance she could end up a player coach... that was discussed in the post announcement interview.  I'm amazed her back has held out as long as it has 🙂.

1296320223_michellewie.jpg.37028edc04f8b7871d0c37f1a7bdc663.jpg

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

My understanding is that Michelle Wie has always been incredibly steep on the ball which is at least part of the reason for her injuries. Whether it was her parents or someone else, I'd say the blame rests on whoever thought that would be okay long-term. It makes her an incredible ball striker, but there are plenty of great ball strikers who come in shallow.

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

No matter what I think we all wish her well. Hard to believe she’s only 30, seems she’s been around forever.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

No matter what I think we all wish her well. Hard to believe she’s only 30, seems she’s been around forever.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I remember seeing her when I was in high school and she was still a junior golfer. She's been a badass golfer for a loooong time!

• Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 58.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5