Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Michelle Wie (West)

Congratulations to Michelle for being selected as a co-captain at the Solheim Cup.  Very deserving and she will bring lots of good energy to the team.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/shifted-priorities-michelle-wie-west-named-solheim-cup-assistant-captain

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

It's a shame she has potentially played her last competitive round. If you would have told somebody 10 years ago she was going to have the career she's had, they wouldn't have believed you.

I wonder if she's going to become a cautionary tale to all these parents who have their kids "specialize" in golf at a young age, and play what probably amounts to too much. Lots of wrist and ankle injuries that could potentially be related. Lots of studies show that multi-sport athletes have less injury concerns then those who specialize. I know parents want their kids to get scholarships and become pro athletes, but there are definitely side effects.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

14 minutes ago, newballcoach said:

It's a shame she has potentially played her last competitive round. If you would have told somebody 10 years ago she was going to have the career she's had, they wouldn't have believed you.

I wonder if she's going to become a cautionary tale to all these parents who have their kids "specialize" in golf at a young age, and play what probably amounts to too much. Lots of wrist and ankle injuries that could potentially be related. Lots of studies show that multi-sport athletes have less injury concerns then those who specialize. I know parents want their kids to get scholarships and become pro athletes, but there are definitely side effects.

I don't know, she won $6M in prize money and probably earned another $20M in endorsements -- I'd say that's a pretty huge accomplishment for a 30-year old LPGA athlete. Side effect is that she is now a proud mother herself and is still endorsed by Nike and getting opportunities to rep her country? Don't know how much more proud of her I could be if I were her father, and definitely wouldn't use her as a cautionary tale. I bet if you gave her 100 chances to relive her life, she wouldn't change a single thing.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

21 minutes ago, newballcoach said:

Only reason she possibly has played her last competitive round (And I don't believe she has) is if she is choosing too since she now has her first child and has said she hopes to have more. 

Even if you are right I don't believe she will be a "cautionary tale" because she still had a highly successful career and she has also talked about how much she appreciated her parents pushing her and even was quoted saying " I owe them everything" after winning the 2014 US Open. 

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

9 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I don't know, she won $6M in prize money and probably earned another $20M in endorsements -- I'd say that's a pretty huge accomplishment for a 30-year old LPGA athlete. Side effect is that she is now a proud mother herself and is still endorsed by Nike and getting opportunities to rep her country? Don't know how much more proud of her I could be if I were her father, and definitely wouldn't use her as a cautionary tale. I bet if you gave her 100 chances to relive her life, she wouldn't change a single thing.

Spot on here Kory. 

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

11 hours ago, newballcoach said:

Was it that she specialized or that her parents had her competing at a higher level than she was ready for by getting her into mens events and then having her turn pro at an early age instead of going to college.

She was also unfortunately struck by constant injury which nobody can predict will happen to anyone. She also chose to go to collies at Stanford during her peak years which limited her ability to prep and play at a high level. 

If anything related or her is a cautionary tale is that parents can be too controlling and have their interests more in mind than their kids. Lydia Ko is another example of parents interference can lead to a drop off on the course 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

17 hours ago, newballcoach said:

There is a chance she could end up a player coach... that was discussed in the post announcement interview.  I'm amazed her back has held out as long as it has 🙂.

1296320223_michellewie.jpg.37028edc04f8b7871d0c37f1a7bdc663.jpg

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

My understanding is that Michelle Wie has always been incredibly steep on the ball which is at least part of the reason for her injuries. Whether it was her parents or someone else, I'd say the blame rests on whoever thought that would be okay long-term. It makes her an incredible ball striker, but there are plenty of great ball strikers who come in shallow.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

No matter what I think we all wish her well. Hard to believe she’s only 30, seems she’s been around forever.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

No matter what I think we all wish her well. Hard to believe she’s only 30, seems she’s been around forever.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I remember seeing her when I was in high school and she was still a junior golfer. She's been a badass golfer for a loooong time!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond